* Author Topic: Miracle IVF Centre by Dr Firdevs  (Read 46347 times)

0 Members

Offline iulia26

• Un-Ranked
modify
Miracle IVF Centre by Dr Firdevs
« Reply #530 on: 9/08/20, 01:39 »
Hi Mees_2020,

This is great news! I wish you to have a successful pregnancy!  :)

Thank you so much for this detailed description of your journey to TRNC. It really helps me a lot!

We are planning to go for IVF with dr. Firdevs at the beginning of September, from a B category country (LUX), like yours, but we are still hesitating to actually plan the trip, because on the Turkish Airlines website they say this:

Condition (for category B countries): All passengers are required to have taken a PCR test with a negative result within 72-120 hours (three, four or five days) prior to their flight. In other words, passengers must have both taken the test and received results within 72-120 hours of the flight. All passengers in this category will undergo a PCR test at Ercan Airport.
Upon arrival, passengers are required to take a second PCR test, administered by the Ministry. As of July 12, 2020, the PCR test will be performed 72-120 hours following (on 3rd, 4th and 5th day) entry to the country.

Transfer of tourists to hotels from the entrance gates is conducted by the relevant hotel authorities. It is mandatory for tourists to comply with the quarantine conditions in the hotel rooms until the results of their second PCR tests are finalized. 

From this info we understand we would be confined in the hotel for 72-120 hrs before the results of the second PCR test arrive, but in your case you say it took only +/- 8 hours to get the results of the second test and that you were able to check them online.

Is this the rule for all tourists from all B category countries? Is it published somewhere?
It really surprises me that the Turkish Airlines did not update the info on their site accordingly..

We are planning to fly to Ercan via Istanbul, in order to avoid South Cyprus. Because we are going to travel with our 5 yrs old, it is very important for us to have a smooth journey and avoid any hiccups. Staying for up to 5 days in quarantine is one thing we would definitely want to avoid. :)

Do you have any recommendations for the hotel? Did you book it yourself or did the clinic book it for you?
Who is your IVF coordinator at the clinic? Mine is Jess and I love her. :)

I hope you don't mind me asking all these questions... I have a tone of them and I am sure you know exactly how I feel.
Thank you in advance for any answer.  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    « Reply #531 on: 9/08/20, 13:29 »
    I found it hard and did not managed to get official information about the regulations in the North. Your information is when you travel to and from Ercan airport. I traveled from Larnaca airport (from the South of Cyprus) and passed the border at Pyle to the TRNC (North of Cyprus). That made a difference. Both sides have different rules.
    [There is a border that divides the South/Greece of Cyprus from the North/Turkisch side of Cyprus. If you travel from the airport Larnaca (=South-side) to the North, you will cross a border and it consist of 2 checkpoints; first the Greece/South checkpoint and about a mile further you will cross a Turkish/North checkpoint. There are 7 crossings and most are closed for visitors from abroad.]   

I took the negative PCR-test-result with me (mandatory if you fly to South-Cyprus) from home. I did not get tested again arriving at Larnaca airport (they might ask you, and you have to accept a test). I needed to get tested again when I crossed the border from South to North-Cyprus at Pyle, a British crossing/checkpoint, which was advised to me by my coördinator as being the only one open for visitors from abroad. I don't know why... I know the British negotiations led to 7 days of quarantine (in stead of 14 days). And they are a great financial income for the North... that might help.
    Because I could not go back to the South (Larnaca airport) after I passed Pyle, I booked a new flight and flew back home from Ercan airport. I did not need another test.
    Some detail information: The people/employees at Pyle did not seem to have a clear protocol or it was just new to them too... there was a lot of checking and talking between each other. They only speak Turkish so I could not understand. They asked 4 times to see my passport again and were typing in a computer. But it went all right. Pyle is closed after 21:30!

The coördinator had arranged a known friend/taxi driver for me from Larnaca airport to the TRNC and I thought that to be handy in case of difficulty. He said I needed to bring an extra copy of the negative test-result of the PCR-test taken at home and a copy of the confirmation of the hotel with all the details (adress with zippcode, telephonenember, contactperson etc.) The coördinator had, besides me, a German and a Swish patient, who came in TRNC at Ercan airport and were tested at Ercan. If I'm right, now all people are told the outcome of the test. I will PM the name of the coördinator and the driver to you (privacy).

Offline iulia26

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #532 on: 9/08/20, 14:23 »
    Thank you so much, Mees_2020!
    This is very useful information and I appreciate very much your time and willingness to help!

Keep us posted about your pregnancy. :)

Offline BabyNL2020

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #533 on: 9/08/20, 20:33 »
    Hee everyone.

I came yesterday back from our trip to Cyprus for a FET. We left Wednesday from Düsseldorf to Istanbul, and from Istanbul to Ercan. I had a pcr test with me of 48 hours old but I needs to be at least 72! So we got stuck in Istanbul. Luckily the our doktor changed date at my pcr report and I booked a new ticket later at the evening with Turkish airlines to Ercan. At Ercan all travelers for the pcr test aswell. You can go to you hotelroom, we arrived in the night and in the morning my result was there and we could go for breakfast. To be sure we took a pcr test aswell in Cyprus again to fly back to Germany. They changed the rules that Turkey was a risk country for them, so you needed to have a negative test for entering Germany again.  We only had a stop on Turkey but we didn’t want to get in trouble. No one ask use for the report in Germany. We only did there again our 4th pcr test in 6 days.

The treatment and the hospital where good again and if you book the package from them all your transfers are fixed what gave use a good feeling is this times. We stayed this times at lords palace. Before we did already grand pasha, Oscar and Cratos.

Personally we really liked Cratos and Lords Palace both a lot. Oscar gave a bit the massa feeling and grand pasha we really didn’t like the food at all.

Now fingers crossed! Good luck to all of you!
    Hopefully we hear soon good news of you Mees!

Offline Choupi15

modify
    « Reply #534 on: 10/08/20, 12:12 »
    Hi Ladies,

Can you kindly let me know if anyone travel from London to Lanarcy for Dr F ?

My coordinator told me the borders are not open yet ? can you please let me know , i was looking to travel london to Lanarca ?

Thanks 

Offline Channa

modify
    « Reply #535 on: 13/08/20, 11:07 »
    Hi Babynl and goodmorning Mees, how are you doing?
    You both got home safely? No quarantaine after your journey? No illness?
    Are you one of the ladies that test early (urine-stick), or do you wait till official date?
    When is testing day?
    How do you feel? The waiting weeks are very stressful, for most of us ladies; how about the two of you?
    Wishing you all the best, and positiv results!

Offline Lovingwomen

modify
    « Reply #536 on: 23/08/20, 11:56 »
    Hello ladies I am thinking of you... do you have any news yet???  ^pray^
    I’m currently sat at the pool in Nicose ready for transfer on Saturday x

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    « Reply #537 on: 23/08/20, 12:41 »
    Hi ladies,

I had a positive pregnancy test both at home and with a bloodtest 14 days passed transfer; hcg > 4000 and GP said it was good, but I did not feel very well and a few days later I had a bleed, so I don't know... I have to wait and see, I guess. Don't think a hcg test will give the answer... or will it..

Got home safe traveling from Ercan back home. I needed to stay 14 days in quarantine coming from orange area back to The Netherlands, took a pcr-test after 10 days on own costs (government does not offer those...), was negative and then saw my parents again. 14 days is absurd and the government has change it now to 10 days.

If you face some trouble while traveling, just stay calm and polite. I was taken into a little room to explain the amount of medication in my handbag. I understand, I had a bag full for 3 months with needles and stuff. Showed the receipt and the mediationprotocol, told the officer why I had treatment in their country and he seem to understand. They do not communicate a lot, but they react reasonable.

@ Choupi, officialy I could not get to the North, but I did. At Pyle I went passed the border to the North, but I could not travel back a week later, so I booked a new flight home from Ercan. I don't know how it is at this moment. You might ask your coordinator to keep contact with other coordinators. The coordinator of dr Firdevs keeps contact with others.

Offline Lovingwomen

modify
    « Reply #538 on: 23/08/20, 14:06 »
    Oh mees I have everything crossed for you!!! Xxxx

Offline BabyNL2020

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #539 on: 23/08/20, 17:56 »
    Hee Girls,

@mees. Fingers crossed! When do you have your ultrasound? Here also a positive prenancytesf last Tuesday. That day i did also a hcg bloodtest 111, and on Friday once again 617 so it is rising.

I feel good just a bit headache and my breasts are hurting. 2-9 we have a early scan and hope to heartbeat (s). I guess it is one, they placed back 2 embryo’s.

Best luck for all of you!