* Author Topic: Takeover Adverts  (Read 923 times)

0 Members

Offline tily

modify
Takeover Adverts
« on: 4/11/18, 15:40 »
Hi,

Not quite introducing myself but not sure where else to say this.

Has anyone noticed the presence of takeover adverts on the site? As a social media marketer, I totally appreciate that advertising is driving the viability of the site but have to say I'm super disappointed with this type of takeover advertising. I can't seem to get through to any discussions without wading through takeover adverts. Anyone else experience this or am I just been targeted based on my preferences?

FF - please switch the takeover ads off, aware they are creating a decent revenue stream but it's seem counterintuitive as to what I understood the purpose of the site to be; peer support for people experiencing infertility.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    modify
    Takeover Adverts
    « Reply #1 on: 4/11/18, 19:41 »
    Hi tily

How and where are you seeing these ads? is via your mobile or tablet or via a laptop/pc? I haven't experienced this at all so curious to know a bit more so i can feed back to the powers that be

Offline Amy76

• Volunteer
    modify
    Takeover Adverts
    « Reply #2 on: 4/11/18, 20:35 »
    It sounds a bit odd! I use a tablet & the full site view & havenít noticed anything different with the adverts  ???

xxx

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    Takeover Adverts
    « Reply #3 on: 4/11/18, 21:14 »
    Could it be a browser issue? I havenít had any and Iím on here several times a day every day on either my phone or laptop.

We will flag it with the owners though and just check itís not their doing :)

I will also move this thread to Site Announcements where tech issues are flagged

Xxx

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    Takeover Adverts
    « Reply #4 on: 5/11/18, 06:35 »
    Ive not experienced this either, I've been on a tablet again in full site view x