* Author Topic: Age limit Greece? 50 0r 51?  (Read 1405 times)

0 Members

Offline Blissfull

modify
Age limit Greece? 50 0r 51?
« on: 28/02/19, 17:12 »
Hi ladies,
as the title suggests Im kind of confused as to whether the age limit is 50 or 51 in Greece?
Embio Clinic suggests 51 but Penny at Serum says its 50...Or is it just however the clinics choose to interpret the legislation?
Thanks, Bliss

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Flyby

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 28/02/19, 20:25 »
    I think itís 50, but you can be treated all the way up to your 51st birthday as far as I understand.

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 28/02/19, 20:47 »
    Blissful itís usually how clinics interperate the law, as flyby has said, usually if your a pre exsisting client some clinics will treat up to the 51st year, as long as treatment has finished by the date of your birthday so technically you are still 50. On a side note, be very wary of embio, I went there a couple of years ago, had an awful experience and I wasnít the only one, egg sharing, using frozen eggs instead of fresh,Metz, all the while proclaiming to use fresh etc, not a good clinic at all.

Offline Blissfull

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 28/02/19, 22:08 »
    Thank you Flyby and thank you Stacey 10!
    Penny told me today Serum will only treat me till Im 49 and 365 days, so thats pretty clear I guess.
    Do you know of any clinics (not counting Embio) who would treat till 50 years and 365 days?
    Have a lovely night xx

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 1/03/19, 00:45 »
    The best bet is to contact a couple, try newlife in Thessaloniki and embryoland in Athens  :)

Offline Blissfull

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 1/03/19, 09:32 »
    Thanks very much Stacey, I'll do that  ^Heart^

Offline Malene_K

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 2/05/19, 14:46 »
    A late reply: According to Penny from Serum (letter from December 2018) the law in Greece will probably soon change and allow women to be treated till the age of 55. I haven't checked whether this change has actually taken place.

Offline Ela2000

• Un-Ranked
    • Nothing without God
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 30/10/19, 16:45 »
    Hello Blissful. Another late reply. If you are a pre exsisting client some clinics will treat up to the 51st year, that I know for sure. When I was 49 I went to Embio, Athens, at dr. T. Paraschos and after one intervention- FIV with fresh eggs, whith only two embryos I was pregnant. Now I have a perfect daughter and after a month she will be a year old. Embio is a very good clinic, whith professional employees, warm and well prepared and I recommend with all my heart. Have trust in Embio and Mr. Dr. Paraschos.

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 30/10/19, 20:06 »
    I had an absolutely awful experience at embio and would steer clear from them, Iím not the only one either, if you get pregnant there itís Unusual.

Offline Daisaki

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 31/10/19, 17:10 »
    Hi just wanted to say I went to Embio, after reading the reviews on here I was not expecting much from Embio! but it had been recommended by 2 other people so we decided to see for ourselves, after 5 years of Ivf with only 1 ectopic from previous clinics all hope was fading. We found Embio to be very clean very professional from all the staff and very friendly we are with Dr Gatos who spent a lot of time going through our history and we left feeling very optimistic so decided to go ahead and so happy to say we were successful  on our first attempt with him. He seen us through the whole pregnancy and thanks to him and his staff we finally have our beautiful baby girl 👧 we are hoping to go back soon to try for a sibling. Good luck