* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 31317 times)

0 Members

Offline Riley12

• Volunteer
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« on: 5/03/19, 06:23 »
Hi ladies,

New thread for you  :)

The old one is locked but can be found here:  https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=390185.1990

My best wishes to you all.

Riley x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 5/03/19, 19:48 »
    Klik- Thank you for your advise regarding the norethisterone. I started taking it around day 21, although Iím wondering on reflection if this was a little bit too late. It must be amazing to finally feel your baby move :) Iím so happy for you. I hope the back pain does ease a bit and that some gentle exercise will help.

Shadywheat - Iím so glad to hear you enjoyed your half marathon, what an achievement! The training takes so much dedication, especially over the winter months. Iím sorry to hear about the lack of support from your consultant. Is it worth directly asking for him whether or not you should stop? I frequently ask my consultant this question! Out of interest, why donít you want to go to Create? I have considered switching to Create a few times, but I was put off a bit by their stats and that theyíre further away than my current clinic. Iíve been doing a bit of research around DE too, mainly around the ethics and how DE children feel about their situation growing up. Itís all a bit of a mixed bag with some children having lots of positive feelings and experiences and others not so much. Many want to know about their medical history, but not necessarily about their biological parent, so Iím now on the fence about whether I would want an anonymous or non anonymous donor if I decide to pursue this route. I would love to be your cycle buddy :) Iím hoping to start stims at the end of the week if all looks okay at the baseline scan. Lets hope our cycles will give us the positive outcome we have been hoping for xx

Afm - This cycle has been a bit strange. I had a positive opk at day 14, but not as much EWCM as I would normally expect. After ovulation I usually have sore boobs for at least 7 days, but Iíve had nothing this time. My breasts didnít even increase in size. At 8dpo up to af Iíve experienced cramping on and off. I took this as a positive sign as I had a similar experience with my BFP, but when I tested at 10dpo and 11dpo there wasnít even a hint of a second line on a frer. Also, from ovulation up to af I have had loads of lotiony discharge, which I donít normally experience. I suspect I had a weak ovulation to begin with and my hormones are all out of whack. Sadly this means Iím on to my next treatment cycle. My ambivalence hasnít changed, but I think I can put my negative feelings to one side.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 7/03/19, 16:33 »
    Found you! Took me a while - was wondering why nobody posted on the other thread :)

Babyhopeful, sorry to hear this month didn't work out on a natural cycle. I hope the upcoming treatment will be a more positive experience.

AFM, I have had my first scan (Day 13 today) and my lining is trilaminar but only 5.3mm. I guess it is an improvement on the 4.5mm I had last month on day 13. But I just don't understand why my lining is not growing on synthetic estrogen (or on a natural cycle for that matter). I am on 2 x estrofem vaginally at night and oestrogel morning and night. Now I am adding in a further 1 x estrofem in the morning. I am really frustrated with it! At least with sufficient gonal F it grows to 7mm+

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 9/03/19, 10:35 »
    Katkat - Thank you! Unfortunately I donít have any experience of medicated FETís, but it sounds that things are slightly more positive than last month. When is transfer likely to happen? Hopefully there is time for your lining to get to where it needs to be. Also do you know how thick your lining gets on a natural cycle? Is it worth trying an unmedicated transfer, or will the thickness be less than a medicated one?

Afm - I have had one of the worse periods I think Iíve ever had. It has been extremely heavy to the point where I experienced flooding through my clothing on the way back from a work away day. Thankfully I was wearing black, but I have never experienced a complete failure of sanitary protection! I was still bleeding heavily at my day 3 baseline scan. The nurse couldnít see any obvious reason for the heavy bleeding and just thinks itís my hormones still settling back down. I hope sheís right and itís not anything untoward. My follicle count was surprisingly okay. I have 5 follicles on my right side and 4 small ones on my left. Obviously theyíre not all going to grow, but itís a good starting point. Iíve started stimming on 300 Bemfola and Iím on 30ml of suprecur. Iím just keeping my fingers crossed now for my next scan.

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 10/03/19, 06:10 »
    Same with katkat--took me a little while to find this... I was confused for a bit!

Shady: Really well done on running your half-marathon! Gosh, I completely understand being out of money, patience, and emotional strength--I really hope it finally happens for you, with this next cycle... I'm really sorry your consultant is being so discouraging, and that Access Fertility didn't even have the professional courtesy to get back to you. Though it occurs to me, if this were earlier, when you were more full of beans, you might have interpreted what your consultant said differently, and you might have chased Access Fertility til they gave you a straight answer (or perhaps you already have...) Certainly our state of mind colours the way we perceive the world... To the extent you're getting the cold shoulder from them, it puzzles me somewhat--you've recently had a pregnancy where the embryo was found to be chromosomally normal, to the extent that was testable--that ought to be hugely encouraging to the professionals, however emotionally heart-rending it was for you. The question in my mind really is not at all "is it possible for you," but rather, "to what extent can you bear going on trying?" Anyway, I send you hugs and I wish you strength and patience... and I hope you're sleeping better these days!

Babyhopeful: FWIW, I'm not sure it's the same thing, but the lotiony discharge you speak of may be similar to what I had in the cycle after my second m/c--to me, it was like mistimed EWCM, and lots of it. Something like that is fairly typical, I think... It does take a while for the body to settle down... As for the heavy bleed, there are a couple of benign possibilities: it's possible you had some retained products, and that your body is sorting itself out (in which case, maybe it was best that there was no pregnancy this cycle); or it's possible your body really is on a post-miscarriage-fertility-kick and your lining built up extra-nice and thick this time. That latter would be consistent with your hormones settling back down... Either way, I also hope it's nothing untoward! Incidentally, in future, I would urge you to be a bit more patient with the FRER testing--with this pregnancy, I had a very faint line at 14DPO, with first-morning urine, and my beta that day was only 15. It's true that some pregnancies that start with such low betas/late implantation don't end up well, but there are definitely exceptions, and here I am speaking from experience... Excellent news about your follicle count! It's an excellent starting point, and I'm wishing you that post-m/c fertility bump that sometimes does seem to happen. Best of luck! Looking good so far!

katkat: trilaminar is great, and I'm glad it's a little thicker than day 13 last time, but at least this time you have as long as you like to build up your lining... Some women don't respond particularly well to synthetic oestrogen, though hopefully in your case it's a matter of time and dosage. For women who don't respond to the synthetic stuff, though CRGH's approach is to try a stim cycle instead, which is what you're saying about Gonal-F at least taking you to 7... Except CRGH is annoyingly rigid and doesn't want to collect eggs in such cycles, whereas I'll bet you could convince your clinic to do that, as an added bonus... Anyway, why am I even talking about that? I don't think 5.3 on day 13 is bad--the question is really what happens from now on, and I'm hoping what happens is some beautiful thickening... Hopefully you get to transfer this cycle, a good embryo into a cushy, receptive endometrium... Good luck!

AFM: so far so good, really. Back ache persists but manageable enough. Viability is next Friday, which I really look forward to, though I got told off yesterday for even thinking about that. It's remarkable how uncomfortable people are around anxiety, even when it's fairly well-managed (or I'd like to think so, anyway). How many times have we been told, "all you have to do is X" or "don't worry about Y" or "you really shouldn't be doing Z," like we're not entitled to our own choices, or to our own subjective experiences of our own unique journeys? I'm aware I'm guilty of that too, to some extent, but I do at least try to be aware that other people are not merely clones of myself... Rant over--thinking of you, wishing you all luck...

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 11/03/19, 19:11 »
    Sorry ladies looks like I lost you.  Here is some update but I need to catch up on your most recent posts.

Shady, marathon sounds fantastic!! Well done! I might be delusional but you have been achieving several embryos per cycle, 2 proper bfps including a natural bfp - to me it sounds super positive. My achievements have been more modest in comparison and yet I feel positive but as I said I might be just mad to feel hopeful. I'd definitely feel less hopeful if the clinic was discouraging so in your case a change of clinic might be in order but it might be trickier to achieve in London.  At this point I'd probably consider create but only for natural modified protocol. I'm still unclear how come neither create nor crgh were able to successfully stim me. While Munich was able to stim me in a way that resulted in embryos and even bfp some 4 years later. But it just goes to show that failed ivf just means you need to try a different clinic or protocol or both.

Klik, I'm so happy you are feeling more confidently pregnant:) back pain is unfortunately virtually essential part of pregnancy. it will get worse. I'd invest in physio I found it invaluable both NHS and private. The NHS one even used acupuncture to provide relief.  I was also made  to wear some stretchy bump band which made a huge difference and allowed me to work almost until my due date. One thing to monitor is knee pain which is apparently dangerous. Unlike back issues which will resolve after giving birth if knees are damaged due to extra weight you are carrying that's permanent.  I had to spent my last week of pregnancy on my sofa to save the knees. They could not cope with 20 extra kg.

Sunshine, how is it going? I am so annoyed your work is giving you hard time over absences. You are allowed time off work for antenatal appointments etc I used to  just blocked the time in my work diary.

Kat, how are you? Are you cycling?

Afm, decided to save money on hcg testing so no idea where I'm at the moment.  My monitors did not pick up lh surge after mc but judging by my sex drive pattern I ovulated around day 17-19. Decided to skip the mc cycle. Not been in a good place spent the entire month on my sofa not doing anything and hating myself for wasting time. I could have gone to gym every day or look for a job. I did nothing. But then I thought that actually withing 2 weeks I lost a job and a pregnancy- that s a lot to lose! Maybe I'm depressed? I know I try to put a positive spin on things and see it as " achieve implantation " rather than "lose pregnancy " but still the due date that is not going to happen is imbeded in my mind so however I want to look at it it is ultimately a loss.  So we decided that it might be time for a break and have gone to Portugal :) loving Lisbon!! The only downside is Portuguese people love children and me being my fattest self (most of my fat is stored in the tummy area) is being seen as pregnant so virtually every other person wants to congratulate me as an expectant mother.... hurts but I'm getting used to it and it strengthen my resolve to hit the gym once we are back.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 11/03/19, 19:43 »
    Babyhopeful , I'm very sorry it was a bfn.  It would have been lovely ho have a natural bfp. Im no stranger to heavy periods and failed sanitary products.  But my recent miscarriage was heavier than usual with large clots so Klik's clear out theory could be accurate.  I do feel there might be a connection between heavy periods and thick linings though.

Klik, I still find it so amazing your pregnancy started with 15 h hcg on 14 dpo. That goes against everything I believed in with regards to early testing so definitely something to think about.

Kat; I so hope your lining cooperates and thickens nicely

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 12/03/19, 20:25 »
    Briss, i think it's normal to feel and behave that way, you've had such an exhausting year and with the mc and all, you just need some time out. I am still so sorry it didn't turn out well!  I'm not doing anything at the moment, see below.

Oh great babyhopeful, a new cycle! Maybe that heavy bleed is quite a good thing and has emptied out all the old lining and it's all good and fresh to build up for the upcoming cycle. All the very best and keep us updated. When's your scan? On a natural cycle my lining only goes to abiut 6, sometimes 7mm.

Klik I can imagine how scary each scan is, but there is no reason to think anything would be wrong. This is such a strong fighter, it made it all the way and naturally! Turns out my lining stopped growing,or what I suspect, it probably grew a bit more and then shrunk as suddenly I had less ewcm

Afm, I am gutted! Lining on day 18 was the same as on day 13, ie 5.3mm. Another cancelled cycle! Am at the end of my tether. My clinic seems to think I should do a natural FET but I tried and my lining on a natural gets to 6mm and only on occasion to 7mm (when I trigger around day 12/13) . Pavel says he needs to see 7mm and that we should wait till day 14 before trigger. So I reckon he won't want me to collect an egg. I don't know what to do. Mid May I need to travel to Africa for work and take malaria tablets and be away for 2 weeks. This means even if my af did come on time (not necessarily as I took the depot shot!) Then a transfer may be around mid/late April. That is very close to the Africa trip! Should I risk it?! I mean try and do some kind of natural cycle and if lining ok transfer and take it from there? So if negative I can still travel and if positive I have to tell them right away that am pregnant. More or less on day of a positive. Not ideal as it may be a chemical or MC etc. Aaarrghhh!

Also I really feel so bad to go ahead with a natural cycle and not even attempt to collect the egg, I've been waiting around for months now. Has anyone got a clue if I can just add menopur at the end for a few days if that would have any positive effect on the lining? How many days and how much is usually suggested in this case, as have never done a natural modified cycle. What a bugger!

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 12/03/19, 21:44 »
    Can anyone recommend a good but cheap ubiquinol as the one I usually buy (Swanson) seems to have been pulled and jarrow has increased 50% in price?

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 12/03/19, 23:22 »
    Ha - found you guys!