* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 26306 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #110 on: 26/04/19, 12:35 »
Briss Thanks so much for your reply! Yeah I couldn't believe it either but it makes me so happy cause it means I can get it to that thickness and if my embryos fail at least I know I still have a chance with DE. Will go for transfer, just don't know what excuse I have with work for leaving the office early on Tuesday again and off on Wednesday! Man why is this so stressful?! I am really not sure if it's the Tamoxifen but what else would it be.. Even when I have normal ovulation it won't go above 7.5/8mm.
Now the next thing is progesterone. Dr said not to take any or maximum 200mg per day. He said I took high dose HCG trigger so won't need any. But on a stim cycle I need 800mg for it to work and not bleed before otd.  When should i test my P. Levels? Transfer day is bank holiday so lab not open so either I test before or after transfer day.

Shady and klik how much did you take on your natural bfps?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 26/04/19, 12:41 »
    Katkat - I think it's totally a personal call.

I would do it - but then I have given up a number of things for this journey, and because it's a marathon not a sprint sometimes that isn't always the best thing! 

If it's going to cause anxiety for you to have the transfer when you have travel plans, or if you are going to psychologically hold back from really really wanting it then you should wait, at least you know you can grow the lining!   

If you genuinely are going to truly give it your best shot then go for it!

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 26/04/19, 12:49 »
    Kat, I'm surprised they told you you don't need progesterone.  All my clinics require progesterone supplementation starting on EC day (1 st dose in the evening). I know that a lot of non fertility doctors are sceptical whether it has any effect. I guess it's a just in case measure to deal with any inadequacies in your natural progesterone production. If you decided to go ahead with the transfer I'd start supplementing right away.  Munich wants 200 x 3 times a day.  Brno 200 x 2  times a day.  I recall in London I was asked to take 400 cyclogest x 2 times a day. I don't think there is any downside to taking progesterone?  I try not to take it until I get fertilisation report so I only take it when I expect a good chance of a transfer.

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 26/04/19, 13:11 »
    Hi ladies

Sorry, there's so much to catch up on here, if I miss anyone out.

Hopeful, great to hear you had such a wonderful year in NZ! It's on my dream list of places to go. Sorry to hear that your cycle was a little disappointing, but 2 blasts from a cycle is still a really good result. I know what you mean about the money though, it feels really dispiriting to not have a BFP or anything to freeze when you spend so much. How many eggs did you get this time? I found SP much better for me than LP, but you may not get many eggs with SP anyway if a few lead follicles take off. Hope that your investigations into other clinics go well, it's so difficult to choose.

Babyhopeful, it sounds like you have a really solid plan in place for the rest of the year. It's great that your clinic is being really supportive and encouraging a few more cycles with OE, I often feel like clinics are too quick to dismiss us after a few rounds (probably thinking of their stats). I had a quick look at Gennet after your mentioning it too and their DE cycle with a free one if it doesn't work sounds very reasonably priced too. Hopefully you won't need them though!

Briss, really sorry to hear that you are feeling so down. You have such a lot on your plate at the moment. With this journey there are such lows and when you are in them it seems like you will never get out. But I promise that you will, I was in such a place myself 2 years ago when it felt really hopeless. I hope that you find somewhere lovely to live soon that will at least relieve some of the stress when you feel like you are somewhere that is a home.

Klik - how are things going? I have been thinking of you a lot, you are so very nearly there!

MSJ, good luck with your job hunt. That's terrible that they asked you to work straight after your op and completely out of order. Speaking as someone who changed jobs, I have absolutely no regrets, I feel like a completely different person.

Odashwood, Queenie, I had no idea mitochondrial transfer could be used outside of the scenario where there's a known mitochondrial disease in the family. Truly fascinating stuff!

Helen, hope the 2WW is going well and that you are managing to keep yourself distracted.

KatKat, fab news about your lining! But oh, how typical about the timing. I really would seriously consider transferring, it took you so many months to get here. I have very big regrets about not transferring last May when I had a perfect lining because of a work US trip and then it took me another 8 months to be ready for transfer again!!! I didn't take any progesterone for the natural BFP either time.

AFM, I am 10wks today and feeling really really nervous. Had an exciting day yesterday with firstly Midwife apt. It was a bit weird as I felt like everyone at the hospital was acting like it was a foregone conclusion that I would be having a baby and telling me timelines and things that I cannot even bring myself to think about right now. I also got a bit annoyed with her calling it 'Baby' as a person too. I will be being put under consultant care because of my residual fibroids so I feel a bit reassured if it works out that I will have extra care. Then in the evening I fainted in Leon Kings X!!! Came to lying on the floor, it was very scary, I was so so glad my cousin was with me and that she is a doctor. Anyway, I had absolutely no idea that fainting was a thing in pregnancy - only found that out when I came home and googled it. I feel really bad that I lied to her though as I didn't want to let on I was pregnant, so I think she's now probably a bit worried about me. I perhaps would have done but she had literally just told me she'd had a MC a few weeks ago, and I know just how awful it is when you have one and then everyone's like 'Oh, I'm pregnant' and you have to pretend to be happy for them. I'm heartbroken for her, it would have been lovely to have our babies together if everything worked out.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! xxx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 26/04/19, 13:50 »
    Queenie thanks. I don't know what's going on subconsciously but the issue is that there is always something so now is probably as bad or good a time as ever. It does stress me but when I had all the time in the world I didn't have the right lining. Difficult!

Briss, because I missed the egg due to ovulation yesterday there will be a corpus luteum plus I took like 12,000iu HCG as trigger which usually counts as luteal support. Still I don't want to mess it all up. will definitely take 200. But perhaps 400. Just don't want to do something wrong! How is the house hunting going? Did you put an offer in?

Shady, thanks for your reply! You are right I think I should for for it and if bfp will cross that bridge when I get there. First it needs to thaw ok!
    10 weeks already! I can imagine how difficult it is at the moment. But this embryo has chosen you all on its own, there was no embryologist involved, all natural... Oh no, your fainting at kings cross must have been scary. Your cousin will understand, you just wanted to protect her.

Afm , any harm me taking clexane on this natural cycle?

Modifying to add, is there anywhere i can take a bhcg test first thing in the morning (like 8am) and get results within a few hours? The pathlab only opens at 10am and tdl charge a phlebotomy fee making the bhcg nearly gbp 80!)

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 26/04/19, 15:31 »
    Good afternoon everyone.

For those that donít know we  had our first ivf this month and it failed due to immature eggs (5 were collected) so we have decided that we will no longer go the first clinic and have requested a refund (we paid for 2 cycles) which they are processing. Now we are going to Cyprus with a tandem cycle.

I was told that my amh was very low, and every time I mentioned my ovaries and what they were doing I got a big sigh and said, itís was we expect from someone with such low amh and sigh sigh sigh. Now Iíve actually got my full blood test results and my amh is 5.47! The way they were going on it was 0.010. Itís average for someone of my age. I also had on my day 1 scan, 10 follicles showing naturally. Which was returned with the phrase Ďit is what it isí. The clinic werenít encouraging ok the final meeting we had with them on Wednesday and when we left there and then we said we would never go back! The consultant gave us no reassurance that the next cycle they would monitor more or put more effort in so there we go.

Iíve got so many complaints to make so many! Iíve already complained once about 4 things that went wrong.

Sorry if Iíve gone off on one!

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #116 on: 26/04/19, 21:40 »
    sorry, gals, I'll still owe you personals after this... just time for a small handful right now...

katkat: gosh, that lining! You've struggled so much with linings, I have a feeling you should go for it. I do have Dr Ozturk's voice in my ear, though--I had a similar overly long cycle due to oversuppression and he said no transfers in that cycle because he was afraid my body might have produced progesterone before the delayed ovulation (you never know, right?) and so the lining might be overmature--I don't really think that happened to you, or to me for that matter, but I thought I should share this concern with you just in case... Either way, I have this feeling that your body is trying to tell you something by offering such a nice lining... Maybe you can easily repeat this with tamoxifen later, but you can't be sure, so maybe seize the moment? As for travel, personally I think I'd proceed as if there'd been no transfer, and if there is a BFP, yeah, by all means, cancel Botswana! Re. Clexane, Dr O decided not to prescribe that for me in this natural cycle, but I'm pretty sure I did have to use it in natural cycle IVFs...

Re. progesterone, I guess I wouldn't be super-concerned with the timing of your initial progesterone, as the trigger shot, ovulation, and subsequent corpus luteum should hopefully have made your body produce your initial progesterone in a timely manner. For this pregnancy, I started taking norethisterone 1-3 days after ovulation--not sure exactly when ovulation was, but if I had to guess I'd say two days after ovulation. When I got the BFP, Dr O switched me to 2xCrinone + 2xCyclogest per day, because my natural serum progesterone levels were woefully low. So yeah, in your place I would not worry too much about when exactly to start the progesterone, but I would supplement to make sure the levels remain high enough for long enough for the embryo to really take root. I think Dr Ozturk said for a natural pregnancy they wanted serum progesterone level of at least 40nmol? In any case, mine went to 54 after I started the proper supplementation and it only went up after that. I'm super happy to hear about this lovely lining, though--if you transfer, I really hope it works out...

Hopeful: welcome back from NZ! It sounds like it was a really wonderfully healing time for you, both physically and psychologically! I'm very sorry this cycle was a disappointment--I'd been watching from the sidelines and privately cheering you on, but it wasn't to be... Still, I am so so so happy your lining got to a very decent thickness! Wow, what a change! I don't know how you will end up proceeding, but that lining feels very promising for the future... Good luck!

Shady: I so wish there was a way to make your anxiety go away... I know what you mean about calling an embryo (not even a foetus!!!) a baby--I'm totally supportive of women who talk about their own embryos that way, but I'd rather not have it inflicted on me. After a couple of miscarriages, I felt it was important to maintain some sort of distance... I know for a fact one of my embryos could never, ever have been a baby, so that nomenclature felt woefully inappropriate. I kept using "foetus" far longer than my doctor did... Now I finally can call the little one "baby", because I feel him move, and DP and I are at the stage of making a nursery for him, buying baby clothes, etc.--I'm 30 weeks today, so really it would have to be an incredibly rare (but not impossible, sadly) tragedy for him not to be born alive. I hope you get there in some 20 weeks... I completely understand your anxiety--I'm really with you--but there's so much reason to hope, right now... I think you haven't bled, right? May it continue that way... Re. fainting, yeah, blood pressure drops are common, so get up slowly and all that... Scary, fainting in public! Awkward moment with your cousin--I'm sorry, that's a really tough situation. At 10 weeks you can opt for an NIPT--will you go for that? It really really really helped to set my mind at ease, but I can totally understand if you're ambivalent about taking too many tests...

AFM: on holiday in Spain--getting to the stage where the little guy is moving so much, sometimes it's hard to sleep. It's tiring sometimes, but I'm really not complaining--it still honestly feels too good to be true, and feeling him move really helps make it more real... I still can't believe our luck.

Good luck to all--I'll try to find some time to do proper personals... xx

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 27/04/19, 10:35 »
    Yet another disappointment for me this morning, the elonva cycle didn't work, we got 2 eggs but none fertilised.  Out of 3 elonva cycles only the first one resulted in embryos.  Feel deflated and unsure how to proceed.  Im more comfortable with Natural cycles but they became so difficult to monitor. I was hoping stimulation was the way forward but this year I had 2 stim cycles and collected 6 mature eggs in total but only one fertilised. The long protocol with pergoveris was so far the only successful protocol but I can't shake the feeling that it stopped my natural hormone function which might have contributed to failing the pregnancy. Anyway I have another job interview on Monday so need to quickly put this disappointment behind me and focuse on getting a job to pay for who knows how many more cycles... on a plus side we found a house in Wimbledon that we loved and after some negotiation our (3rd) offer was accepted and most importantly we got a mortgage offer! The house price is outrageously high and the mortgage is going to be huge so we are entering a totally new financial reality where we may no longer be able to afford our monthly ivf trips. It will be sad to leave Marylebone after so many years but we can't possibly afford anything in central London. Wimbledon seems like a family friendly area but not for faint hearted , virtually every other person on the street has either a buggy or a baby carrier or a pram . I'm at the stage where I actually become tearful at a sight of a baby. I know I have every reason to be happy I just can't help it. Also last few months made me rethink our relationship with DH. The recent losses and fallbacks caused me to fall apart and DH managed to carry a lot of weight for me. I had days where I did nothing just felt like I needed to shut the world out and dh was (on top of his job) running around negotiating mortgages, getting surveyors and solicitors in etc etc I thought TTC made me stronger but actually i now see how weak and helpless i have become. Anyway sorry ladies for selfish posts recently

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #118 on: 28/04/19, 01:04 »
    Briss  - I canít really give you any advice for when life kicks you when your down, try to go for a walk every days.   If you need to take a little break from IVF do it.  I have NEVER had a good cycle when I was really stressed / anxious / low.   Did you know that for women who struggle with low mood for any reason including life just giving you lemons that the success rates are much high on meds?   I would focus on you for a while, trust me, it will pay off in the longer run.

Katkat - I would take some progesterone, even 400mg will make a difference,  there is some evidence in animals of very high doses increasing the risk of rare heart defects, so personally I would stick to a standard dose.    As for the stress - just really try and focus on it being a positive result for you, this is your last OE shot right?  So donít hold back on psychologically investing in it, you deserve it!

Shady - Congratulations again!,  I know 10 weeks is a tiny bit early to celebrate, but every milestone right?  I still canít believe it for you, and I have everything crossed.   I donít blame you for not telling her, although if she is a dr she will probably have her suspicions, you are otherwise very fit!

Catlady - Hi, I am so pleased your AMH is 5.7 - thatís quite normal.  Some clinics just donít know how to deal with it, try not to let it stress you out and put everything into your next cycle.    I havenít had my AMH tested in a couple of years, but I expect itís <1 by now. 

Klik - Have a wonderful holiday!  Just think next time you travel your little bundle of joy will be with you!
    Iím pleased you can feel a bit more connected,  I do know some people who have gone through such a delayed gratification with IVF have trouble believing that they are thereís when they arrive, so let the reality sink in.  I believe itís why god gave us 9 months for the baby to grow, so we could prepared and get ready for it.  If you have spent half of it wondering if itís really true, you have twice the amount of mental prep to do!

So - given all of the fabulous good news I kinda feel we should throw a baby shower / celebration / meet up for all those people who are going to have little people in their lives soon,  particularly Klik / Sunshine / LXP / Shady (did I miss anyone?).  Well all you lovely ladies who have your bfs after many many cycles of failure shared with us, I want to be happy for you!

Offline susie76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 29/04/19, 12:53 »
    Hi ladies, I'm sooo out of the loop so I apologise - I've just gone back to work, hence having a sneaky look at FF at lunchtime as I haven't been on in ages.  So pleased to see that there have been some more successes!!  I know early days for some, but so happy to see  :)  wishing you all the best.

and for those still persevering on this journey, I'm thinking of you too xx

our little one is now 10 months, I can't even believe where the time has gone.  We got so lucky