* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 26296 times)

0 Members

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #120 on: 29/04/19, 20:08 »
Just a quick one from me, Iím trying naturally this month and adding in some cyclogest for luteal support. How many days after ovulation should I start the cyclogest? Also do you think I should take a low dose of prednisolone? I have stacks left over from my last treatment cycle.

Please Note: Fertility Friends does not endorse any type of self medication/DIY drugs administering.  We strongly advise you to seek advice from your GP/clinic on any aspects when self administering drugs of this nature and do not do so without professional medical supervision/approval.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 29/04/19, 22:38 »
    Babyhopeful,  up to you about the preds - I can't remember if you have had chicargo tests or not.  If you haven't I wouldn't take any, it can actually hinder implantation if you don't need them.    For the cyclogest, you just need to be 100% sure you have ovulated, so use your basal temp to make sure you have a rise then it's safe.  If not then give yourself 3 days after your presumptive ovulation date.

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 30/04/19, 08:07 »
    Queenie123- Many thanks for the advice. My clinic have prescribed me the cyclogest for ttc naturally, so Iíll just go with that. I had a peak yesterday morning, so would I start the cyclogest Thursday or Friday morning?

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #123 on: 30/04/19, 08:54 »
    Just a quick one from me

Briss Iím sorry youíve been going through a hard time lately, but a house purchase in Wimbledon is super exciting! Itís a lovely area too. You have that to look forward to.

Katkat did you decide to go for the transfer with the nice lining?

Susie itís nice to hear your success story. I was also at ARGC in Oct 17 but mine was a conventional ivf. How did you find their natural cycle?

Babyhopeful good luck with trying naturally keep us posted

Shady sorry to hear about the fainting that must have been scary. I also understand why you didnít say anything to your cousin. My cousins wife is 5 plus months pregnant Iím very happy for them but canít help but feel the sting for us...

Just a quick question from me, those ladies who get their bloods done independently, can you recommend somewhere you can get them done without having to be referred by your gp? I think the doctors laboratory requires you to get a gp referral?

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 30/04/19, 09:13 »
    Just a quick one for MSJ; I use path lab in bond street they are usually very quick you get results within a few hours . Just give them a call to tell them when you are coming, no referral is needed. http://www.thepathlab.co.uk

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 30/04/19, 20:38 »
    Hey, gals...

Briss: I'm so sorry you're feeling so low at the moment... I'm really glad your DH has been able to step in and take over, while you take some time recovering from all the pain over the past few months, and the past couple of years... We all need, sometimes, to just kind of collapse, and if we're lucky there's someone there to catch us. I can understand Wimbledon being painful because of all the prams... It does seem to be a nice place for kids, though, so hopefully at least your DD will come to enjoy it... Re. the practicalities of TTC, in your place I'd be tempted to do the thing that almost worked, recently--just up the progesterone and oestrogen considerably, assuming your own body just won't make enough to start with... But you just have to go with whatever feels right to you, ultimately... And yeah, getting the finances together will be tough now... Re. your job search, best of luck... In the meantime, while you're in a slump, just be kind to yourself. You've been through a lot of pain, and it does take time to heal... xx

Babyhopeful: I'm totally with you on the difficulty of letting go--like you, I'm used to perseverance paying off. This is one of the things that's completely blindsided me about this pregnancy--that it had practically nothing to do with the perseverance. I mean, the timing of BD and of the progesterone was important, but, really, it was supposed to be a rest cycle... It's mind-boggling. I'm glad you've taken steps to make your life more pleasant for yourself--the photography course sounds great! As for trying naturally, I'm just going to echo queenie on your progesterone timing--as long as you start after you ovulate, you should be golden. Some women have early LH peaks, followed by later ones that actually indicate ovulation... Other women start peaking early but only ovulate later on... If you know you're quite regular, though, you can probably assume you'll have ovulated by two days after your last "LH peak" day--I'd give it two more days, to be safe, and then start taking progesterone... I went by basal body temperature, which is what queenie mentioned, which will tell you when you've already ovulated, but if you don't take those measurements, yeah, just wait, say, 4 days after your last LH peak day and I think you should be ok... Good luck!!!

queenie: you're incredibly sweet to suggest a meet-up to celebrate all the successes! Personally, I'd love to see you, along with my fellow expectant mums and everyone else here who would be ok to hang around big bellies for a while... I think in shady's place I'd be thinking it's a bit early to celebrate, but maybe a bit later on? Re. your sister, I echo the others here--I think she should seriously consider freezing some eggs or embryos for herself, and potentially make some embryos for you, too, if she's game (though I agree that it's wasteful to make embryos you don't intend to use)... I really hope you get your groove back, though, and are able to make some more top-quality blasts with the gentlest of cycles... Oh, also, I think you were considering banking eggs and then doing ICSI all at once--one thing to take into account is, thaw success rates for eggs are 70%, according to Dr Ozturk (at least they are for eggs vitrified 6 years ago--maybe that's gotten better...) 70% is much, much lower than the thaw rate for embryos, so yeah, it's something to think about...

Pickle: I'm really with you on the stubbornness... But it's such an insane contradiction, isn't it? I mean, if you really want something, it only makes sense to do your best to get it... I'm never going to be able to puzzle this one out... Are you proceeding with Reprofit?

Rillischen: why did they trigger you so early? Was your LH starting to rise? Some clinics are a little too interventionist, I feel... Will you be trying again soon?

Helen: what happened in the end?! Here's hoping it was a BFP...

MSJ: are you gearing up for another cycle? Are you healed up enough? I'm glad you're satisfied with your excision--hopefully that's gotten you ready, body and mind!

CatLady: Many clinics can only deal with women who respond really well to whatever protocol is chosen for them. I think over-35s (or anyone, really) probably need to select clinics that can do a bit more customisation... I'm glad you're getting a refund--it sounds well-deserved! Hopefully your next clinic will be more appropriate to your needs!

susie: hurray! Great to hear everything is going well with your little one!

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #126 on: 30/04/19, 21:23 »
    Susie, lovely to hear from you and thank you for the good wishes! Hope that the transition back to work hasn't been too tough and that you are enjoying your wonderful family.

CatLady, it sounds like you had really bad treatment from your clinic. Your AMH and AFC sound pretty good compared to many of us here, so there is no reason with the right protocol why you shouldn't get a good number of mature eggs. Well done for complaining and moving on, so many of us (including myself) put up with substandard treatment because I'm nervous of complaining. Good luck with the clinic in Cyprus!

Babyhopeful, good luck with trying naturally for the next few months. I have everything crossed for you.

Briss, great news about the Wimbledon house! Wimbledon is lovely, we used to go a lot on weekend excursions when I still lived in London. Once we even saw deer on the common! I know what you mean about it being nappy valley though, which could definitely be challenging, but as Klik said, I'm sure it will be lovely for your DD. Please don't feel bad about being down and letting your husband take the strain, every relationship goes through phases where one person is stronger than the other and I'm sure there are other ways in which you are more than contributing in the relationship. Also don't underestimate the physical strain TTC, IVF and MC have on your body, it is important that if you feel exhausted and need to just lie on the sofa to re-energise and regather strength, that you listen to your body. I always try and soldier on and then I ran myself into the ground last year with the neutropenia so the sensible thing would have been to rest before letting it get to that point. I hope the job interview went well!

Klik, hope you are enjoying your final child-free holiday in Spain! It's turned so cold here again, I'm jealous! Thank you for your words of reassurance, I think we have to protect ourselves by thinking of the worse case scenarios, so it's hard for me to think positively (and I'm also scared to let myself be happy in case I get tripped up).

KatKat, have you transferred yet? Good luck!

Queenie, that is such a genuinely lovely idea and so thoughtful of you. If it is not too triggering for others, I would be very much up for seeing everyone and catching up, even if things go tits up for me it would be great to celebrate for Klik, Sunshine, LXP etc.

I had a 10 week reassurance scan today and things still looking on track. It was amazing to see how much the little thing had grown since 3 weeks ago and it was very active and moving its legs and arms around. I really am incredibly grateful to have got so far. Klik. I asked the midwife about the NIPT testing but her recommendation was to save the money for now and wait until the dating and nuchal scan as it's not that far away. Also to be honest, it would not reassure me - I think that would only come with the 20 week anomaly scan. I keep thinking about a couple I worked with who had that happen - they saw problems on that scan and were told the baby would probably not make it to term and it was horrendous as they had told everyone about the baby and were so excited.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #127 on: 30/04/19, 21:37 »
    Guys who have had a bfp - can you tell me if you had a lot of stabbing pain?   we ttc naturally this month,  I just added in 400mg ultrogestan from d3 po, and an oestrogen patch - It's my first month post hysteroscopy so was wondering if it might work because it's the first time after the implantation cuts.   I have had a lot of unilateral uterine pain day 5 - 7po but it's now gone on day 8po.    Has anyone else had similar symptoms and it been a good sign?
    It feels like a bad sign, but I am reminded of Penny's positive visualization / self belief.

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #128 on: 1/05/19, 11:32 »
    Just a quick question from me when trying naturally are you taking 400mg of cyclogest/utrogeston once a day or twice a day? I might as well try naturally while waiting for next banking cycle as I had a hysteroscopy during surgery as well.

Also has anyone used essential oil progessence? I was reading this naturally balances the hormones.

Iím trying to decide if I should do my last banking cycle in May or not. Recovery is taking itís toll and has been up and down. 4 weeks later Iím still getting fatigue and not back to normal yet. If I banked in May and did a FET in June, then some of the immune treatment I had with Dr Gorgy (LIT) may still be in my system. Just thinking I spent thousands of £s preparing for transfer and didnít even transfer as ARGC wanted to wait and then I switched clinics - hey ho thatís what happens when you donít have a proper plan! Altho I donít fancy getting more LIT treatment as it made me quite sick 🤢 with cold flu symptoms.

Queenie my BFP was years ago now but I did have a lot of pain quite early on, it can be hard to tell though. Baby shower is a nice idea

Briss thanks for the info Iíll look them up

Shady Klik glad all is going well

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #129 on: 1/05/19, 12:15 »
    Hello from Brno! For those taking progesterone on a natural IVF cycle please be careful how much you take if any... As you know I went for EC and had ovulated just before so no egg retrieval was attempted. My doctor told me there is no need to supplement with progesterone as I would have my natural Corpus luteum as well as the double trigger shot for luteal support. Turns out he was right! I added 300mg of a mix of cyclogest and utrogestan (he said I can take 200mg if I wanted to) and on day 4 after EC my P levels came back at 41ng (130 pmol)!! At gennet they always said 100pmol/30ng is ideal, I read one study where it said not so good for implantation if P levels are over 20ng and my clinic said I am now really on the upper level and to stop taking any P and re-test my levels. I hope I haven't messed up! On a positive note my lining is 8.4mm and I have an early blast grade 2 on board (so glad it thawed ok!) But I was told chances aren't very high. Anyway a chance is a chance.
    So if you try naturally you will also have a corpus luteum (but no trigger) so in my opinion low dose supplementation could be beneficial but id still be careful. I never expected this as usually my P levels are quite low.

Ah yes also, the cyclogest i took had expired in October 2018. If clearly isn't expired...

Will do personals later but thought I'd add to the progesterone conversation

Ps. And happy to meet up!