* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 31330 times)

0 Members

Offline Helenbeau

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #130 on: 1/05/19, 14:40 »
Hi ladies,
Sorry not been posting for the last couple of weeks. Iím 11dp5dt and been getting positives on Frer. Had beta done today and itís 70 and Progesterone 9ng. Iím a bit worried now. My Progesterone was 18ng on transfer day. I know Klik you had low levels, maybe others did too. Iím really nervous about this doubling by Friday. What progesterone were people put on the increase the level? Was it the Progesterone in oil and how much did you take? I only have 3 Lubion 25mg vials, not sure how this compares. Waiting to here from Penny. Nervous! X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 1/05/19, 15:59 »
    Helenbeau,
    Firstly - massive congratulations!

The reason I take 400mg (2 x 200mg) ultrogestan on a natural cycle if I think there is a chance is because this is what Penny put me on last time I had a natural IVF transfer cycle with her.   

Are you sure your progesterone is 9ng?  Do you have Penny's direct e-mail?  pm me if you want it and don't have it.

I haven't taken Lubilon, but I know it is often used to supplement ultrgestan at a dose of 1 injection a day, I don't know about more than that.   If it were me I would take 1, but hopefully you will hear from Penny soon.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 1/05/19, 19:31 »
    Hi Queenie, thanks my love but I donít feel very congratulatory. Yeah my P was definitely 9ng unfortunately. Why would it have gone down so much? I expect this pregnancy is over as fast as it started. Penny said to take 3 ovitrelle trigger shots, 1 every 2 days and to test again on Friday before taking my 2nd ovitrelle shot. If the HCG has risen on Friday then it will probably just be from the ovitrelle. I donít really understand it. Is it not just delaying the inevitable?
    She told me to increase utrogestan by taking another 400mg orally but I told her I had some prontogest 100mg so she said I can use that 1 day.
    This is so not a fun game! Xx
    Klik, I think you had similar experience this time but then you werenít in any supplementation. Would love to know how your P rose and what you took xxx

Briss, sů sorry youíve had such a terrible time if late. Everything on top of each other is just too much. Iím meant to be starting a new job on Tuesday and also have an interview for a really great career opportunity tomorrow but now my mood is not exactly conducive to Ďshiningí at interviews and actually Iíd rather crawl into a hole. Hurrah for the hubby stepping up to the mark though! Let him take the reins! Lots of love.

Babyhooeful, hope you are well!

Shady, thanks for today xxx
    Katkat, Iím coming over now! Xxx
    Love all these ladies!
    Hi to everyone else will catch up proper soon when Iím not running around like a loon! X

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 1/05/19, 19:54 »
    Helen - Please do not give up yet.  My DH tells me off every time I say that even though I am only d9po.

It's not over - there are lots of reasons you can have low Progesterone.

Particularly on an IVF cycle where they take the cells from your ovaries which are needed to make the progesterone. 

Take the meds,  drink lots of water and do lots of walking, your little one needs blood flow. 

I also take L-argenine and Vit E for implantation (thanks Katkat) and a little ubiquinol. 

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #134 on: 2/05/19, 00:10 »
    hey, gals!

1am here so just a quick one for Helen:

my progesterone was 2nmol (0.6 ng) on the day I found out I was pregnant. Beta was 15. My best guess is, this was 14dpo. For me, it was a combination of obviously very late implantation with me having a short-ish luteal phase (12 days on average)--so beta only started rising after the progesterone had precipitously dropped, ready for a period. What kept me from bleeding the lining and embryo away was that I was taking norethisterone (which prevents the period from happening but doesn't change the serum progesterone blood levels that we normally get checked). I'd say this is a textbook example of why progesterone levels mean very little about the viability of an embryo--so I have hope for you yet, for this cycle!

Upon getting these blood results back, I was put on 2xCyclogest + 2xCrinone per day. Progesterone was so incredibly low that Dr Ozturk considered putting me on Lentogest as well, but the Crinone and Cyclogest (and my own body realising it was pregnant and upping its progesterone production) were enough in the end.

Dr Ozturk is very sold on vaginal delivery of at least some progesterone--my understanding is, even when women are getting intramuscular shots of progesterone in oil, the current recommendation is still to take some Crinone vaginally (though I personally never did both at the same time so I may have misunderstood this). But honestly, my experience with norethisterone saving the day makes me think that the most important thing is just having enough progesterone there to keep your body from giving up too fast on the embryo, and all the other details about progesterone and even oestrogen are potentially helpful but perhaps less crucial...

Good luck, Helen. It seems you're not feeling it, but this one may well be the one that sticks, finally!

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #135 on: 2/05/19, 09:34 »
    Hello all!

I haven't been here for a couple of days and see that quite many posts had appeared here.
    How are you doing?

I didn't proceed with a mitochondrial donation because I had my FET a few days ago with my last frozen embryo. Everything went good and now I am on 8dp5dt. Patiently waiting for my OTD.

On the other forum, I was lucky to find a woman who is 41 and who got a positive result after mitochondrial replacement. She had many failed IVF cycles and low AMH and now she is on the 18th week of pregnancy if I'm not mistaken. It is good news I can say) It means that this treatment works.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 2/05/19, 14:22 »
    Hi Klik,
    Thanks for the message. Iím going to take a prontogest shot at night plus 400 cyclogest in the morning although Iím wondering if I should take 400 x 2.
    I read that progesterone suppositories get absorbed directly into the uterine circulation before being absorbed into the general circulation so the level is far higher in the uterine environment than in the blood. So tests can be low with suppositories. Opposite with injections. I guess thatís why Dr Ozturk wants vaginal delivery too. Makes sense.
    Until blood test tomorrow though who knows where Iíll be at with HCG. I took the ovitrelle trigger shot last night and have to take 2 more 2 days apart. I donít really know why or how this helps.
    Until tomorrow.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 2/05/19, 17:16 »
    Helen,

There isn't that much evidence, but it helps to stop the Corpus Luteum from stopping going.  It makes it a bit harder because you don't know about the natural HCG level.

With Ultrogestan or equivalent Uterine progesterone goes up and comes down quickly, so that is why they often mix it with an oil based injection.

With all the meds your on the blood test won't tell you that much unless it's very low or very high - so try not to read too much into it.

^pray^ for you

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 2/05/19, 18:09 »
    Having had the opposite just recently ie progesterone being too high, I was told the following by my doctor: if the level is between 30-120 pmol then that's fine (mine was 140pmol). Please note that progesterone level is very instable in the blood and the value is only informative' . Also ' 70 morning could be in fact 100 afternoon or 30 afternoon.' So basically it fluctuates depending on time of day.

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 4/05/19, 11:18 »
    Odashwood - I enquired about the mitochondrial donation research at the Institute of Life Greece. Unfortunately, I donít qualify to take part as Iím getting close to 40 (they only accept women under 40) and they need to collect at least 10 eggs, which as a low responder would be very difficult to achieve over the next few months prior to my 40 birthday. I donít know about the criteria for other clinics, but I get the impression my age may be against me. Iím keeping my fingers crossed for your FET results!

Katkat- Iím so pleased that your lining got to 9mm and that you went ahead with transfer. After so many months of trying to get to that stage I think you did the right thing by seizing the opportunity. Itís unfortunate that the timing does clash with work commitments. I often fret about my work commitments when going through this process, but I do try and put my treatment first where I can. So many people in my work cancel or rearrange things due to illness, child care etc., I feel less guilty now when I have to rearrange something. Thank you for the information about progesterone. Thatís interesting to hear that we can have too much. Iíve deliberated about what to do this cycle. I only have 400mg of cyclogest, so I canít split the dose over 24 hours. If I had 200mg I would err on the side of caution and use that twice daily. As it is, Iím using 400mg twice daily. I have low natural progesterone anyway, so Iím hoping Iíve done the right thing.

Shadywheat - Iím sorry to hear about your fainting spell, it was lucky that you had your cousin with you though. Iím so happy for you that otherwise everything is going well! It sounds sensible to me to wait for your 12 week rather than do the NIPT, as the scan really isnít that far away now!

Catladyttc1 - I think your amh and afc both sound promising. Iím sorry to hear about your rubbish clinic. Sadly the NHS clinic I used wasnít very good and I feel there was a lot of time wasted. Hopefully once you have found a good clinic you will have better results.

Klik - I hope youíre enjoying your holiday and although youíre not sleeping much youíre getting the chance to relax. Thank for the information about progesterone. I had a smiley face on my opk Monday morning, but I was still getting a small amount of EWCM Thursday, so to be on the safe side I started progesterone Friday morning. Iím not sure how much of a chance I have as DH felt some performance pressure this time. We BD a few times after the smiley face, but I always fret whether we have BD enough!

Briss - Iím sorry to hear about your fertilisation report. Is there a way you could do the pergoveris cycle again and perhaps freeze any embryos and transfer when your hormones have resettled? Iím wondering if my unsettled hormones contributed to the failure of my most recent cycle. Your DH sounds like a star! Iím glad that you have the support you need at the moment.

Msj - Thank you for the good luck wishes. I know thereís only a slim chance naturally, but itís still a chance. I hear what youíre saying about treatment taking itís toll. It does take me a little while to bounce back especially now Iím using prednisolone after transfer. I would listen to your body. I didnít feel ready for a cycle last Sept, so waited another month and ended up with a BFP. Last month I went into a cycle feeling run down and it just didnít go that well.

Queenie123 - Good luck for this cycle. I had slight cramping a day or two after ET and around the time my period was due when I had a BFP. However, we are all different, so symptoms can mean something for one person and not for another.

Helenbeau - I hope youíre doing okay? I think I have problems absorbing progesterone, so when I used lubion on its own in the past I had an early bleed, so I always use it with cyclogest now at 400mg x 2. Hopefully your progesterone levels will start rising now with the further supplementation. Iíve not heard about having a hcg shot after a BFP, but there must be some reasoning behind it. Iím sorry youíre going through such an uncertain time. Iím keeping everything crossed it works out xx

Hi to everyone else. I donít mind meeting up, although Iíll have to have a bit of notice if we meet in London x

Afm - Iím continuing with my healthy regime of yoga and swimming. I seem to have a lot more energy and my libido this month has gone through the roof. Poor DH has struggled to keep up, as heís exhausted with work. We have a week away at a holiday cottage next week with my parents. Iím hoping that itíll give us all a chance to relax and recharge.