* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 30400 times)

0 Members

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #160 on: 12/05/19, 18:03 »
Hiya

Iím doing a tandem cycle in the next few weeks just to give my eggs that one last chance. At the end of the day for me the cost of the treatment is the same we just have to pay extra for my drugs xx

For us it was a very simple and easy decision to make. I am sad my beautiful genes could now be lost forever but my hubby to be will have his amazing genes. We have our donor chosen and dates all sorted. Itís happen so quickly. I do completely understand that some people donít come to the conclusion as soon as we did. We literally made the decision to do this within 24 hours of our failed ivf cycle and ditched the clinic in England just 5 minutes after our consultant meeting to discuss next steps. We hated that entire clinic.

Happy to chat to anyone about this xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #161 on: 12/05/19, 21:18 »
    Helen, I'm so sorry... How unbelievably frustrating... Honestly, this was one of my fears with DE, that after all I did to avoid it, it wouldn't be the solution in the end. But I still think it will happen for you, I'm just not sure how. I mean, your body really wants to be pregnant! I do know someone who also had a couple of m/cs with OE, then switched to DE and had an m/c, then got her TSH well under control (like, <2.5), transferred two DE embryos, and ended up with two healthy babies... So thyroid function is something to look at... And I think you did have a hysteroscopy, right? Still, still, I do wonder about adhesions, because it feels like for me, anyway, that was really important after my last miscarriage... If you can invest the money into having with with Mr Saridogan, Mr Trew, or Mr Lower, that might be something to look into... If your last hysteroscopy had a number of interventions, it might just be good to check out what state your uterus is in. I don't know--that's what my intuition tells me... But it may be something else entirely. Could be progesterone levels--or oestrogen for that matter, who knows... I'm really sorry--I know in your place I'd be feeling very sad and discouraged... I send you big hugs...

katkat: I'm really sorry about another BFN, and another delay... I guess there is a bit of a risk in delaying implantation for so long, in case some progesterone did get released at some point, but in theory if you go from complete suppression to a more normal-like cycle, your uterus should be receptive... I wonder if you could use the cycle that you can't transfer in because of medication to do an ERA instead? Like, take the same meds that got your lining to be so nice and thick, and then instead of a transfer do a biopsy? It would serve as an implantation cut too, after all... something to think about...

Babyhopeful: I'm sorry about your BFN... re. progesterone, both of the clinics I've used have been fastidious measurers of that sort of thing, so they'd keep monitoring my numbers to make sure I had enough. Sufficient progesterone has always forestalled my bleeds, so in your place I would be wary that the dosage was not enough... But no, I wouldn't worry about your body going from being good at absorbing progesterone to being bad at it... that sounds really unlikely... I'm sorry you were disappointed this time around...

queenie: hope you're doing ok...

Briss: sending you hugs, hoping you're feeling a bit better about life...

odashwood: Best of luck to you...

Shady: I'm really sorry about all the discomfort, but continue to be ecstatic that your little one is going strong! May the discomfort let up and the little one keep growing beautifully!

CatLady, I daresay looking at your numbers that you're not truly DOR, but your maternal age is relatively advanced, so DE may end up being a way to get a baby faster... It really is all up to personal choice, in the end--there is just no right and wrong to the choices we make in this journey... Many of the mums on my pregnancy thread are pregnant with DE, and they are all ecstatic. I truly hope you get your baby ASAP, and that it's healthy and makes you the family that you want to be...

AFM: had my first prenatal class on Saturday... A friend just gave me all her baby books... It's all getting very real...

Also, I know some of you gals want to have a DE meetup, but do you also want to have a general meetup with some of us pregnant ones? Shady and I are up for it, and queenie suggested it--it would be really nice to see you ladies who are ok around bumps! I can try to get in touch with Sunshine and LXP, too... xx

Offline Pickle123

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    modify
    « Reply #162 on: 14/05/19, 07:34 »
    Iíd love to come to a meet up if youíre planning one  :)

Helenbeau, Iím so sorry to hear your news. I guess it could simply have been bad luck as it sounds like youíve had the main tests now. Iíve not heard of the other two you mention. Did you take anything like prednisone or clexane? Hang in there.

Kat, also sorry about your bfn. Sending hugs and lots of good luck for your Frosties.

Babyhopeful, what sort of info do you get about your potential donor? Is it height and weight and hair type etc?

Klik, hope you are enjoying the antenatal class. Must be feeling so real now! Enjoy 😊

Shady, hope things are going well with you too and that youíve had no more fainting spells. I had one out of the blue at 13 weeks but was fine after.

Briss, sending you some sunshine and hope things are feeling a bit better now.

Hi to everyone Iíve missed x

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #163 on: 14/05/19, 15:08 »
    Thank you Klik. DE was the way forward because we figured we wasted enough time and money in England in what is possibly the worst clinic ever. They were simply appalling from the moment we walked in there and then the second we left. We wasted so much time and energy dealing with them the whole thing was just pitiful. I have a letter of complaint written to both them and HFEA but Iím not going to send it now whilst the cycle is only 6 weeks out of failing. Theyíll think Iím some bitter not pregnant woman you know?

Tandem to us was/is the perfect option. No time waiting around to see if my eggs are good or are gone to the frying pan so to speak 🤣

This thread is amazing so full of support for everyone. Iím so sorry for the BFNs itís the hardest thing. I wish I had the answer or dine support for you all but Iím so new to this I really donít have much to say xx my thoughts are with you

I hope the beans and bumps are progressing well

Good luck everyone x

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 15/05/19, 18:57 »
    Hi catlady, where are you doing DE?

Baby hopeful, are you going to give OE another try? Which clinic are you at which has offered you DE?

Trying to catch up but it seems quite quiet on here I.e not much cycling going on. Hi to everyone

Afm. My miscarriage started this morning. Took the day off work and would like the week off just to give my body the best chance to deal with it, but if I donít go I donít get paid and now Iím back on the ivf treadmill. This MC is slightly different to my last 2 as itís only 6w2days. I stopped progesterone on Saturday and 4 days later started to bleed. On a bfn I usually start my period after 4 days so maybe the progesterone was keeping it going despite the beta rising.
    Klik I just wanted to ask you more about these Drís and what they do. I had a hysteroscopy in February with no pathology but ďinflammationĒ is always reported. Iíve been tested positive for ďhidden CĒ and Ureaplasma which Penny says never goes away but always prescribes antibiotics for. So just wondered what a second opinion might investigate. Do you think they would want to do a hysteroscopy or could they get any answers from a less evasive/ cheaper investigation?  Any idea who and how I would initially contact and what the initial outgoings might be?
    Penny just said to have an aquascan when the bleeding stops and to try again with a natural FET. I wouldnít know where to go for a good aquascan as i want it to be thorough. She thinks thereís nothing more to test for.
    Iíve had lots of TSH testing but when Iím in town tomorrow Iíll definitely get it done again out of interest. Iíd like to try a natural transfer but when Iíve done it before my lining never gets over 7mm. I think Iíll just keep an eye on ovulation and see how my lining looks, but with past MC my cycle after has always been anovulatory.

When you get a bfn and then MC on DE it does start to add worry that this might never happen. Iím almost tempted to go back to OE but Iím happy not to have to put my body through stims anymore. It does make a difference I think not to have quite so many hormones making you crazy. (Crazier)

For those interested I looked into EMMA and ALICE testing. It seems itís similar to Serums Hidden C tests. They test for infection and bacterial loads bu taking an endometrial biopsy. I spoke to a woman going through the testing process and theyíve prescribed her with 10 days of antibiotics and after she uses a vaginal probiotic that you can buy over the counter. They then test again and basically keep testing until the positive results reduce to level they consider acceptable for transfers. 3 months later sheís still taking the antibiotics and probiotics. I think Iíve had so many antibiotics from Serum that there would be no point me going through this process although I might just buy myself some of the vaginally probiotic.

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #165 on: 15/05/19, 21:27 »
    Hi Helen xx Iím doing the tandem cycle at dogus in Cyprus. We fly out mid June, havenít booked anything yet, waiting for AF to show up end of the month then we can get going. Drugs all ordered, they should arrive beginning of next week, so much cheaper than uk.

Iím sorry youíre going through your miscarriage. I dont have any words for you that will make the whole process easier x just be sure to know weíre all here for you.

I donít understand about testing. Iíve had just a few tests. My confusing one was the thyroid of 2.778 at the clinic from hell and my gp test came back 1.7. I opted for the free antibodies test after my complaints and that came back less than 9 which Iíve been told is fine.

Good luck everyone with your bumps, beans and seeds.

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #166 on: 16/05/19, 09:19 »
    Hello, CatLady. That's a pity that you have such issues with your clinic. Why don't you consider another place somewhere abroad?
    I had my first failed IVF in the UK and wasn't happy with that place so I decided to try my luck abroad. And you know, I was surprised with the prices, conditions, and attitude. I paid for a sort of all-inclusive package and I needn't pay any extra money until I use all the attempts.

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #167 on: 16/05/19, 09:35 »
    Hiya odashwood, yes we have decided to go to Cyprus to the dogus clinic for a tandem cycle. My previous IVF with the awful UK clinic resulted in 5 immature eggs collected from what we believe is/was a completely mismanaged cycle, with no care from the consultant and his arrogant attitude. Still upsets me now on how awful he was. We decided on tandem as we donít want to go through an ivf cycle for my eggs to  show as bad again and waste another few months. We hope to have lots of lovely embies that are frozen so if this tandem results in a negative we will fly out every month for transfer or I might just fly on my own.

I know my eggs arenít brilliant of course I do but I know having been pregnant twice (resulting in MC and ectopic) that something does go right in me. My miscarriage was mismanaged by my GP at the time with no official diagnosis of miscarriage until 6 weeks of extreme pain and tears and wasted appointments, by that time I was at least 10 weeks pregnant and the baby had made its own way out.

Where did you have your treatment? Did you also opt for tandem or ivf or DE? Xx

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 16/05/19, 10:10 »
    I had an mc and ectopic as well a long time ago and after my first IVF, I got into a huge depression. It was very hard. And only in 5 years, I was able to continue. I went to Ukraine for ICSI+DE as my AMH is too poor(( and my age plays not the last role. I wanted to have a baby of my own, of course, especially after I got to know about that mitochondrial treatment but they refused me as I'm not fit for this program because of my age so we proceeded with DE.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 16/05/19, 11:33 »
    Cat lady can I ask you which was the appealing Uk clinic and did you complain?
    I was wondering to go to a new clinic although Iím not sure what any other clinic could do differently. How does the tandem cycle work? How is Dogus? Have you been over? What advice/protocol have they given you especially with advice to MC? How much are they? Sorry, a million questions! X