* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 30404 times)

0 Members

Offline Helenbeau

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #170 on: 16/05/19, 13:52 »
Haha, appalling not appealing. Quite the opposite.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #171 on: 16/05/19, 19:55 »
    Hi ladies

Iím sorry odashwood that your age is against you. Do you have next steps in mind?

Hi Helen, my clinic was Bourn Hall.. We complained as soon as the first thing went wrong. Hereís just a small list

My treatment was sent to the wrong email address with no security ico and HFEA have upheld that complaint
    Drugs just sent, no offer to get elsewhere
    Receptionists constantly bitching about other staff that whinge about them (talk about unprofessional)
    Thyroid test results were emailed to the wrong address again, with a note that basically said do the antibody test for £80 or your baby will die
    No explanation of thyroid test result
    Consultant admitted he wouldíve scanned me on the Sunday but it was a bank holiday and theyíre not open. I didnít find that out until after the failed cycle, if Iíd had known I wouldve paid to have a scan elsewhere
    I had just 6 days of stimms which is never seen before
    Egg collection I cried through the pain
    Felt like a conveyor belt
    Told to have a hysteroscopy for £3k and thereís nothing wrong apart from a small polyp which was removed but the gyne was like, it was tiny
    Every time we went for an appointment it was, we need this blood test at £300 or this new test for £80
    After the failed cycle consultant said we donít know what went wrong it happens. You can complain to another dr but theyíll say the same. Iím the highest qualified.
    Embryologist was unable to explain why my eggs failed and that again theyíd never seen eggs behave the way mine did. My eggs outer cells were falling away, something this person hadnít seen in 20 years. So again, no explanation

And thatís just the short of it. We didnít want to give them any more money or any more time.

I complained about the email and treatment plan and the way I was told about my thyroid. I got the antibodies test free. I havenít complained about the rest of the cycle as I donít want to come across as a bitter twisted not pregnant woman but I have the letter written which I will be sending.

A tandem cycle works where the egg donor is cycled with your cycle so when my eggs are collected hers are as well. They are then mixed with OH swimmers and tiny little embryos are made. 5 days later up to 3 transferred and then After 2 days we fly home. The scans are done via a private clinic here and results sent off. Drugs are ordered from Cyprus and sent over. We didnít want to do a cycle then find out my eggs were indeed done for and then go again waiting for a donor cycle. Hopefully we will have lots of embies and will travel to Cyprus to transfer monthly if needed. But hopefully will work first time.

I havenít been over yet, i will fly around the 11th. I have heard that theyíre lovely and we will be truly spoilt.

My drugs and protocol are...

01/06-05/06
    Prednisolone 5mg  3 a day (morning afternoon, evening)
    meriofert 450iu a day (one injection the time  you can)
    Folic acid 5mg
    06/06-09/06
    cetrodite 1 injection a day
    Folic acid 5mg   
    10/06
    cetrodite 1 injection a day
    2 choriomon (x5000 iu ech) or averkap (1 injection at 22.00 uk time)

Dates are subject to change depending on AF and her arrival.

The tandem cycle is 4500 euro plus extra for my drugs - about 1500 euros. If we were just doing donor we would be be paying 4500 plus I think a few drugs for lining and holding onto the bean. There are several hotels that work with dogus from 3star to 5 star. All transfers are included including from the airport to hotel etc.

Iím by no means experienced in this, Iíve followed the dogus clinic thread in overseas chat forum part.

Another thing, Iíve never had a problem with my lining. Always measures well.

Hope this has helped? Happy to answer more if needed xx

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #172 on: 17/05/19, 07:46 »
    Well, now, I'm waiting for my scan to confirm pregnancy, hope everything will be alright. I had my hcg and it is positive, the level is 126 and dr said that I am pregnant but for sure we will know only after the scan. Due to my health issues, there is a big risk to lose my LO but they will do everything to help me with that.

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #173 on: 17/05/19, 08:12 »
    Congrats odashwood. When is your scan? Exciting.

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #174 on: 17/05/19, 14:23 »
    Pretty soon. It's on the 23rd of May. A little bit afraid of it. Don't want to get any bed news(

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #175 on: 17/05/19, 18:52 »
    Oh dashwood, are you having regular bloods? 23rd is not far away. Are you on other meds?

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #176 on: 21/05/19, 09:19 »
    Hello ladies. I took another hcg and I am devastated a bit, It isn't growing and this is a very bad sign((. 23rd is in 2 days and I still believe but afraid that it won't work out and this time. My meds are the same but dr said that she will probably change something after the scan.

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #177 on: 21/05/19, 09:53 »
    Iím sorry to read. What is you hcg now?

I hope you get answers to this all very soon cx the hardest part is always the waiting. We always have to wait and then wait and wait some more. Never knowing exactly what is happening.

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #178 on: 22/05/19, 08:18 »
    For the first time my hcg was 126 and last time it was 189. It didn't raise much((

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #179 on: 23/05/19, 09:09 »
    Iím sorry dashwood, good luck with the scan today.

Hope everyone else is ok? Nothing much from me, we should be expecting AF 7 days from now then the cycle begins and away we fly to Cyprus.