* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 31403 times)

0 Members

Offline Helenbeau

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #20 on: 14/03/19, 14:34 »
Baby hopeful, just a quick one. I think thatís a high dose of suprecur. I think it better to reduce that dose rather than increase stims. I was on 0.25 and I didnít start growing until it was reduced to 0.1. I donít think youíd be in danger of ovulating if you lowered it a bit. Itís just that egg quality wonít be as good with higher stims, I feel like theyíre fighting each other. Maybe suggest it to clinic to reduce a little the suprecur. Sorry if that isnít helpful advice. I know how hard it is when everyone says different things. The size is ok I think for day 6, Iím sure theyíll take off once the balance is right but Iíd try just to reduce the agonist a little. Good luck honey xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 14/03/19, 15:20 »
    If anyone is interested I've found a website where you can buy 100mg X 60 ubiquinol for £23 and get £3 off on orders over £30 and £7 off over £60. I bought Swanson as used in past but they also have Doctor's Best and other brands. Let me know if of interest and will send you the web page. Will let you know if my order arrives ok next week :) I think they have a warehouse and bulk buy the vits. Plus jarrow has today reduced their prices on Amazon.

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 14/03/19, 20:52 »
    Hello everyone! I didn't realise they moved the thread either!

Babyhopeful, I agree with Helen, when I did LP I was on 0.1 or 0.2ml suprecur. It just sounds like you need to get the balance between suppression and stimulation optimised and then hopefully the follies will get a move on. Please try not to stress, it's very early days to have had your first scan. Keeping everything crossed for you and sending you positive thoughts! xxx

KatKat, oh no my dear, I'm so frustrated for you having another cycle where your lining didn't grow. I completely empathise that it's frustrating that your doctor wants you to try natural again when you have failed to get it to work many times before. As Briss says, maybe its worth having some investigations to understand more about why it's not thickening? I think flying back and forth to Munich after transfer shouldn't impact it at all, obviously you don't want to be carrying heavy bags though while doing so which is more of the problem when travelling! Bit late as you already ordered your ubiquinol but I use this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubiquinol-Softgels-Enhanced-Absorption-Coenzyme/dp/B00U0G1HVU/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1552595324&sr=8-4&keywords=ubiquinol+300mg - its a little bit cheaper, but obviously when you take 600mg a day, nothing is cheap.

Briss, great news on your second round interview, well done! I think it's very much the case as women that we underrate ourselves and feel under qualified for jobs we apply for (or even get!) with no real reason. I always want to fulfill every single criteria they are looking for in the spec in the job application, which is a common trait for women, otherwise they don't apply, and I think I read that if men fulfill 4/10 criteria then they feel really confident they will get the job!!! Wishing you lots of luck on your job hunt and enjoy the rest of your holiday in Portugal - eat lots of pastel de nata for me (the best place is by the Belem monastery) and then think about the diet long after you get home!

Sunshine, sorry to hear the bleeding is still continuing and that you feel stressed about it. It's so unfair, you should be able to relax and enjoy the second trimester, and I completely understand that it's impossible to do so while heavily bleeding. It's really disappointing that you weren't able to get extra support and scans from the NHS before, but glad you are now under consultant care. I very much hope this phase passes soon and that you can start to feel comfortable about sharing your happy news with people.

Klik - very glad to hear everything is still progressing smoothly and wishing you lots of luck for the viability milestone next week! I think its very natural for us to feel anxious, and the more people tell us not to, the worse it gets, because then you end up feeling like you have to hide your anxiety. yeah, I kind of agree with you, on one hand my situation feels more hopeful than it did 2 years ago because I have now managed to get pregnant, collect good embryos that went to blast, and both DH and I are healthier than we've ever been. On the other hand, we are now both of course 2 years older! Not to mention jaded and considerably poorer. The copy letter from my consultant at the Lister to my GP reiterated the wording 'the high financial, emotional and physical cost' for us twice in a single paragraph, I may be being oversensitive, but I definitely feel like they think these costs are too high vs the chances of success for us.

Queenie, hi! How are you?

Nothing to report from me, just ticking along waiting for AF now to start this next cycle. What do people think about exercising during stimms? Now that I've become obsessed by fitness  ;D, the thought of potentially taking a whole month out and losing it all is depressing me, so I'm wondering whether to just cut down but still do a bit?

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 14/03/19, 22:20 »
    Shady, that's interesting that you mention exercise because it was yet another variable that potentially contributed to my bfp. I  don't normally exercise but  started just before down reg and stopped a day before trigger. I regret going to sauna though. I didn't do anything more strenuous than running and not for long but then I'm very unfit so you should be able to get away with much more.

Btw we spent a few days in Belem and I practically lived on these pastries:) Devine !

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 15/03/19, 19:39 »
    Sunshine122- Iím sorry to hear that youíre still bleeding and your GP has not been helpful, it must be so frustrating. Iím really glad your midwife has been more proactive. I hope that the consultant can give you more reassurance. Iím sending you lots of hugs xx

Katkat - You must be very frustrated about your lining and confused about the different advice! Iím pretty sure cetrotide has slowed follicle growth for me in the past. Thank you for the information about ubiquinol. Iím taking the 300mg Health thru nutrition ones, which can be found on Amazon. Iím not happy about the amount Iím paying, so I may look into the ones youíve found next time I need to reorder.

Briss - Itís great to hear that youíve got to the second stage of an interview. Itís a well known fact that women suffer from imposter syndrome in the workplace, but you have to keep telling yourself that you are just as good as anyone else out there and other people are probably experiencing similar insecurities.

Helenbeau - The reduction of the suprecur is good advice and something I asked the clinic this evening. Theyíve agreed to let me reduce to 0.2 and Iím keeping the Bemfola at 300 and ditching the Meriofert.

Shadywheat- Thank you for the positive thoughts. I scale back on the exercise during stims and just go with more gentle activities like yoga and walking. Although this time I havenít really got into a good exercise routine so thereís not a lot to scale back from!

Afm - I had my day 7 scan this evening and things are not looking good. I have lost 2 follicles and now have 1 at 12mm, another at 11mm which may or may not be a cyst and 2 at 8mm. I donít think the 8mms are going to budge. Weíve decided itís too risky to go for IVF with only 2 small lead follicles, with one possibly being a cyst, so weíre probably going to convert to IUI. The stats for the clinic are not far off IVF success rates for my age group and weíll still keep our final round of IVF and use it in the next few months. Iím so disheartened though as my body is just not behaving as expected. Where did all my follicles disappear to and why are the ones left not growing as expected? Surely the switch from 375 to 300 Bemfola shouldnít have made that much difference? Could the reduced dose of Bemfola have caused the Suprecur to dominate the cycle? Also I feel pretty run down, could that be having an effect? DH keeps saying I donít look well and I really do feel at a low ebb as if Iím fighting a virus. Also could it be that my hormones havenít settled down? Iím still shedding hair, which is a bit worrying! Iíve got another scan Tuesday to assess the situation again and make a final decision. In the meantime Iím just going to try and get plenty of rest.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 16/03/19, 17:27 »
    Hi ladies, hope youíre all well.
    Babyhopeful super good luck for your iui. Sorry your follicles didnít do what you wanted. Why are follicles always so disobedient! For what itís worth Iím not a big fan of suprecur. Iíd prefer to stim and then add cetrotide, especially on a SP. Was this an SP?

Sunshine, you deserve as much help as you can get. While the NHS can be so good it really angers me when I hear stories like yours. Women get such a poop deal. Why is our healthcare seen as secondary?! Iím sure youíre frustration outweighs mine but I feel for you.

Briss, super good luck with your interview x

Afm, I started my protocol for FET. I was going to wait a month but Easter was threatening to get in the way. Anyway, on day 9 scan (cycle day 10) my lining is good at 8.9 but I have a dominant follicle at 14mm. This happened last time I did FET, my follicles were suppressed. Penny wants me to start progesterone tonight with transfer on Thursday or possibly Friday depending on progesterone level. That will only be day 16/17 of my cycle. Iím worried though about starting progesterone early and then still ovulating put my body all out of sync. Penny isnít answering my emails. Anyone got any light to shed on this? Should I start progesterone tonight on day 11? Will I not ovulate or if I do will it make any difference? Will the progesterone stop any more growth and ovulation because I canít trust the estrogen will. Iím taking 12mg.

Offline Poppy1981

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 16/03/19, 20:10 »
    Helen, just a quick one, progesterone and estrogen together should stop ovulation. If you think about birth control, this is exactly what they do. I would do what Penny suggests, I know sheís a great doctor. Best of luck with your transfer x

Hi to everyone else, sorry Iíve not been able to catch up on your stories for a while. Iíve started my ARGC cycle which is pretty intense, Iím waking up at 5am every morning to take cetrotide injections!

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 17/03/19, 13:18 »
    Briss: Re. my low beta in the beginning, I've seen statistics that indicate that late implantations indeed tend not to be so promising, but of course there are exceptions--I was just lucky to be one of those...  As for you, well done on choosing to have a holiday! I hope the rest of your holiday was good... I cannot imagine being in your place and being constantly congratulated on a pregnancy, when you've been so recently pregnant--must be tough... But hopefully it's an omen of good things to come. Good luck with the job search--I hope it's faster than you expect... and good luck with your next cycle!

Sunshine: really glad you are under consultant care after all that... I hope your bleeds stop and that you start feeling your little one soon if you haven't already, and that together those set your mind at ease so you can finaly enjoy being pregnant... good luck...

katkat: so unbelievably frustrating... I was extremely conflicted doing a stim-transfer cycle where I knew we wouldn't be retrieving... By then I'd stopped wanting to collect my own eggs, but it did seem absurd to go through all the motions and expenses of a proper cycle only to then ignore the eggs that were available... I hope you find a way to do both, and before your Africa trip too... Very well done on finding more affordable ubiquinol!

Oops, DP is ready to walk the dog--I'll be back later with more personals... hugs to all... xx

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 17/03/19, 16:45 »
    queenie: hi! Hope you're doing ok...

Helen: as I understand it, even if you do ovulate, the important thing is, when did progesterone start rising? I think Penny is having you start the progesterone early so that you control the progesterone start time with artificial progesterone, before your natural progesterone starts rising right before ovulation... If you ovulate, your body will just produce more progesterone, which shouldn't get in the way since you'd already had some artificial stuff in your system anyway... Good luck--your lining sounds nice and cushy!

Babyhopeful: maybe you were oversuppressed... Ugh, I get frustrated when clinics have people convert to IUI... Still, lots of women get pregnant via IUI, so here's hoping! Best of luck on Tuesday and beyond! I hope your plan to get some rest has gotten you results...

Shady: thanks! I guess it's nice to get recognition from your doctor of how difficult it all is, but yeah, it doesn't really help in the end--you still have to go through it every time you go through it. Re. exercise, the rule i made for myself while stimming was, the instant I feel one of my ovaries hurting a little, I stop exercising. For me it seemed to happen around a week into stims... Good luck!!!

Poppy: good luck with the ARGC cycle! I hope all their intense instructions pay off fror you

AFM: viability was on Friday and he's still in there, so really everything is good! Back pain is abating--apparently it's about the ribs expanding, rather than about the weight, so for some women the bodies adapt, which is what I hope is happening for me...

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 19/03/19, 10:50 »
    Shady, I personally always thought that exercising during the stim period can only help the blood flow. I always exercised and never did me any harm anyway. I did have to stop around day 12 or so on my full cycles because I had so many follicles and I didn't want to twist an ovary (with yoga) and as I felt so full all the time, but continued cycling for an hour each day till EC. Thanks also for reassurance on flying a week after transfer. I guess I will cross that bridge when/if I get there. Thanks for the link to your ubiquinol, will consider this next time round as just received my 2 packs of Swansons.

Briss, I love Portugal (and pastel de nata)! When are you back? Will you go back to natural cycles now?

Helen, so exciting that it;s all going to happen again for you soon. I am sure Penny wouldn;t have advised you to start if she though the follicle was a problem. They want you to be successful as much as you do.

Klik, I cannot believe how far along you already are, wow it;s all getting real soon! :) I decided I will do another natural cycle now as I cannot afford a full stim cycle right now. Most likely my lining will be thin again. But at least I can then focus on a stim cycle when I get back. I will be tempted to collect any eggs when paying so much to get the lining better, but I know the clinic won;t want me to. I still don't know if adding a bit of Menopur/menofert at the end of my natural cycle would do anything for my lining with just the one egg. It's driving me crazy not knowing what's best:)

Babyhopeful I really am gutted for you. Have you done this kind of cycle before (ie with suprecur from the start)? I just feel that these kinds of cycles suppress a lot of women too much (incl me) and that you be better off with a short antagonist cycle, even though the danger will be that follicles won't grow closely together, but I believe that they will really grow better in general. I don't think reducing your does of Bemfola would have caused this by the way. I think you are right in moving to iui and start afresh another month, if needed, for the IVF cycle.

AFM, has anyone ever heard of or tried tamoxifen? I have read a few stories of women that tried it and once stopped the T, then the lining grew thicker in the days after. But I don't really understand how exactly this works or why, so was hoping anyone has any knowledge of it, or has seen any studies about it (I just found one only).
    Also, regarding a neupogen wash - has anyone done it, or knows where/how I can get one which doesn't cost the world?
    And finally a question about Crinone 8%. It says 90mg on the packet. How does this translate to a cyclogest 200mg dosage? Would 2 x 8% crinone (ie 90mg x 2) be about 200mg of cyclogest? Sometimes the potency is different even though the mg are the same, so just wondered if this was the case between Crinone and Cyclogest at all.