* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 30407 times)

0 Members

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #220 on: 15/06/19, 08:32 »
Thank you kat. Really appreciate your kind words xx I didnít expect to get any eggs from me so itís still a bit of a daze as to my ovaries producing some.

Good luck with your lining and the trial! I would expect they would hold proceedings, they have to plan for every eventuality donít they? What kind of cycle are you doing? OE or DE?

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying the weekend.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #221 on: 17/06/19, 13:32 »
    Good afternoon everyone.

Thought Iíd update on the tandem. We are at day 4 and we have 2 embies from me and 7 embies from the donor. Thatís 2 from 6 eggs from me and 7 from 12.

Wow. Having a few tears and everything!

Hope everyone is well xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #222 on: 18/06/19, 09:54 »
    Catlady thats fantastic news. Will.you transfer your 2 embryos today?

Afm I seem to have a small fibroid. Anyone got any experience with this? Apparently it's small and surgery may do more harm than good. Will it impact implantation?

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #223 on: 18/06/19, 13:23 »
    Thanks. Just had 3 put back, 1 from me and 2 from the donor.

I think if they know where fibroid is then they go to avoid putting anything back near there xx 

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #224 on: 19/06/19, 20:48 »
    Hi Catlady, congratulations. Good haul from both you and donor. Did they say how good quality the donor eggs were and yours? I take it your second one has been frozen? How did you find Dogus in general? I have to admit Iím surprised they transferred your own eggs and donor eggs at the same time. I heard that was illegal...I have no idea why.
    Wishing you good luck x

Offline AlyDreaming

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #225 on: 20/06/19, 15:48 »
    Hi everyone,

I have extremely low AMH, high FSH and DOR and have never had the courage to join a forum until I found this thread. You ladies are so knowledgeable and Iíve been reading back as far as I can for the last few days and have learnt so much already but hopefully will be able to share what Iíve learnt over the last 4 years. Because Iíve been reading back over your posts, I wanted to start with personals (so I will apologise now for the very long post).

Klik/Shady - congrats on getting as far as you have and if Iím not mistaken, with natural BFPs - you give us hope.

Babyhopeful - sorry to hear that you have had so much to deal with - itís a lot for anyone to go through.  Be kind to yourself and hopefully you can start stimming soon.

Odashwood- sorry to hear about your low HCG, the rising/falling beta number yo-yo is absolute torture!

MSJ - great news about your natural BFP.  Feeling optimistic for you - I have endo too and have heard mixed opinions about surgery before stimming, most say surgery is useful before implantation but it looks like it worked to get your BFP.  Iím going to do one more cycle and will consider another laparoscopy if my egg quality is still bad - I feel my endo is back as itís been more than 2 years since my last lap.

Briss - what can I say - Iím so sorry its been so difficult - youíve been through so much - maybe your body is telling you itís the right time to take a break and focus on your health

Chini - good luck with your next cycle. Thank you for the supplement recommendations for endo.  Iíve been on NAC, pycnogenol and melatonin but will add back in propolis and try DIM.  My plan is to do embryo banking too (last cycle was a bust - see below)

Hopeful81 - welcome back from NZ. DHEA worked for me to raise my testosterone from 0.4nmol to 1.3 and lowered my SHBG from 138 to 86.6.  Iíve been testing every month to make sure that my testosterone doesnít get too high or my SHBG doesnít get too low and have had to lower my DHEA dose from 3 x 25mg tablets per day to 1 per day.  I would suggest starting at 3 or 2 tablets a day and retest in a month.

Pickle - Wow, so many cycles, you must have learnt so much.  Iím in awe of your persistence. Fingers crossed for lucky cycle 9.  Can I ask what protocol youíre doing?

Katkat - sounds like you had an amazing trip - hope jury duty is over quickly and you get to cycle again soon.  Sorry I donít know much about fibroids but I hope you find the answers youíre looking for

Catlady - congrats on being PUPO. Put your feet up and let those embryos nestle in.

Hope I havenít missed anyone.
    ó-
    AFM - Iíve just come off a failed IVF - gutted that the 2 eggs retrieved on Monday did not fertilise so am shell shocked - weíve had 100% fertilisation of mature eggs in the past 2 IVF cycles in a previous clinic. Iím unsure what to do next and hoping you ladies can spot something or make suggestions. I will give a bit of background and sorry if itís too much information.

Apr-17 Natural BFP - MC 8+1, ERPC, Trisomy 22
    Oct-17 Natural BFP - Chemical 4+5
    Nov-17 IVF - short antagonist protocol - 4 mature eggs, Day 3: 2 good, 1 fair, 1 poor, transferred 2 good embryos, Day 4: other 2 arrested, BFP, MC gestation 6w 2d, ERPC
    Jun-18 - short antagonist, IVF converted to IUI due to poor response, Chemical
    Jul-18 - back to back cycle, short antagonist, 2 eggs retrieved, Day 2: 2 good embryos put back, started prednisolone, aspirin, clexane,  early MC at DPO18
    Aug-18 - natural BFP, on prednisolone, aspirin, clexane, thyroxine, cyclogest, intralipids but still miscarried, gestation 8+1w, ERPC
    Jan-May-19 - immune testing with Gorgy - high NK, high TH1/TH2 cytokines 33.5, MTHFR heterozygous, LAD negative, KIR issues- 4 LIT treatments, Humira, intralipids, none of which has brought my cytokines down, suspect endo is back
    May-19 - IVF -Microdose agonist (flare?) - Norethisterone for 9 days, started 20ml Suprecur/Buserelin, baseline FSH 23.5, LH 20.4, E2 <44pmol; Day 2-5: Fostimon 450, then D6-13: Fostimon 300+Meriofert 150;  Triggered when 2 follicles 18mm and 17.5mm and LH 5.7, E2 2024; no fertilisation, 1 immature egg.
    My LH was fairly high (3.3-5.6) throughout stims and looking back at my IVF cycle in July last year with previous clinic I stimmed for 2 more days when my follicles were 18 and 16mm and got 100% fertilisation.   

I donít trust my current doctor as he wanted to push my stimms to 600 on D6 but I kept it at 450 and he wanted me to delay my period with Suprecur as he was on holidays for a week and no one to scan me but I refused as I thought it might over suppress me.

Not sure why we didnít get fertilisation - whether itís the change in protocol, unfavourable baseline numbers, too high stims, triggered too early, LH too high... too many variables.  Any suggestions/ideas?

Weíre definitely moving clinics - going to Lister with Dr Thum due to immunes and hope to get paperwork sorted to start with next cycle (in 2 weeks!).

Again apologies for the extremely long first post.  Good luck to everyone whatever stage you are at. xxx

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #226 on: 20/06/19, 16:07 »
    Hi Helen. Apologies I missed your reply. In the end when it came to transfer deadline day from my 6 only one made it to blastocyst and from the donor 12 5 made their way to blastocyst:) we went with the dr recommendation of 1 plus 2. As far as Iím aware it isnít illegal and Iíve seen it been performed on other threads. Tandem isnít offered in many countries from what Iíve found out but it gave us the perfect back up plan. Considering my first cycle resulted in 5 immature eggs this cycle was a 100% improvement:) the remaining 4 embies were not frozen. We discussed at great lengths and were sad for them to go.

Dogus has been fantastic. A complete opposite to the uk clinic that was the most amazing difference. Dogus cares, Iím clinic had such arrogant consultants and nurses that didnít smile. Gosh I hate what the did to me. Dogus was clean friendly polite respectful and a world apart. If this doesnít work we will be back. We will have to discuss if weíd like to do an ivf cycle with me again. Iím emotionally and physically drained atm. The last round has taken it out of me xx

Hey aly welcome. Iím sorry I do not have much experience with all the tests and meanings but to me you sound like where I was with my poor (disgustingly poor) clinic in the UK. Iím sure the lovely ladies here will have a better answer for you. Thank you for your well wishes xx

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #227 on: 21/06/19, 12:14 »
    Hello dear ladies!

I'm recovering from my mc and going to book a flight to Ukraine for my consultation and signing my new surrogacy contract. I'm worried a bit and have some questions about the process and choice of a surrogate mother. Feelings are mixed and I hope to get full answers so I could know what to expect.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #228 on: 23/06/19, 11:13 »
    odashwood, best of luck in Ukraine. Can I ask how did you find this place? Is the surrogate going to live in Ukraine the entire pregnancy and give birth in Ukraine? Would you have any control? I know you must have million questions. I know somebody who used a surrogate in the UK (or possibly she was Czech, they found her via Reprofit) and even though they knew the person and had monitored the entire pregnancy it was still not easy at times e.g. whether or not to induce labour earlier etc but the end result was fantastic. I personally think pregnancy / giving birth is overrated   

CatLadyTTC1, one blast still sounds like a very good result to me. Best of luck for this cycle! Do I understand correctly that your donorís result was 5 blasts, you used 2 but did not freeze the remaining 3? I would also feel sad to let them go. Could I ask what was the reasoning behind this course of action? I am actually quite sure you would not need any more embryos and I keep everything crossed for you but just curious. I am so glad you found a better clinic. Itís so important that you have trust in your doctor and clinic overall.

AlyDreaming, I am very sorry about your last cycle, I had the same thing 2 eggs but none fertilized. Very upsetting. Iíd feel very encouraged by a number of natural BFPs you have had. It looks to me that most of your MC are very early ones so I think chromosomal errors are a possibility i.e. egg/sperm quality issue. Are you/DH on any egg/sperm quality improvement protocol? Coq10 etc? Also LH of 3.3-5.6 does not sound high to me at all. Mine gets to over 10 (not that itís a good thing). I agree with you that moving from 450 to 600 does not seem like a good move considering you produce around 2-4 good eggs per cycle. Itís all about quality so possibly lower stims would work better. It might be just a randomly unlucky cycle with no good quality eggs or could be that this time sperm quality just was not there or both. Itís also possible that 18/17.5mm follicle size is not quite enough for you. I find itís very personal. On natural cycles my docinant follicle rarely goes above 18. My DD came from a 17mm follicle. But most recently I got a BFP on a long protocol with follicles much larger than ever - 20; 19; 16; 13mm three days before egg collection, but only one fertilized (I suspect the largest one). Itís really impossible to say but if you are not happy with your doc then it might be time for a change. You mentioned endo, how serious it is? Do you think this could be affecting your egg quality?

Kat, how small is the fibroid? Are they sure itís what it was? I am asking cos with scans itís so easy to get it wrong. Thatís the reason I go to Dr Jurkovic cos I just do not trust most docs to see things clearly on a scan and do not want to be worried for nothing. If it really was a fibroid then size + location are important factors. I would want more information. Also monitor it to see if itís growing or shrinking. I do know ladies who were not able to get pregnant with fibroids but I only know a few ladies and they had very extensive and multiple fibroid. Although in your case considering you are producing good eggs but rarely see implantation Iíd look very closely into this fibroid. Dr Jurkovic is very expensive but in my view worth it to get some answers. Howís Jury Service going? Cant believe the timing, the last thing you need to delay the transfer. But on the plus side it gives you time to look into the fibroid matter who knows this might turn out to be the answer to the thin lining issue and can finally give you proper implantation. MY cycles are also all over the place, I often do not even both with OPK/CBFM, I just go by my sex drive as soon as I see it going up and then abruptly down (however early in the cycle) I assume I ovulated.

Shady, so good to hear from you! 16 weeks!! This is where I allowed myself for the first time to believe this is real.

MSJ, how is it going? Has nausea kicked in yet? I do wonder whether the endo was really having such a big effect on fertility.

Hopeful_81, I know some ladies benefited from DHEA, others not so much. Since your testosterone is low then it might be worth considering taking it. Your FSH 18.9 is high (i) still within reasonable level so if you have a few follicles on both side Iíd consider stims, and (ii) your oestradiol less than 60 which in my books is low (which can also explain the higher FSH number so possibly your true FSH is actually lower). But I might not be the right person to judge cos my estrogen tends to be higher than normal I get 200-450 at the start of a cycle. I also noticed that FSH depends on the number of follicles which again fluctuates a lot from cycle to cycle. Overall your levels suggest that the big M is miles away so I would focus on getting pregnant.

Chini, good to hear from you. Taking notes is a great idea I always regret not doing it, often read updates and have something to say but no time to type a proper response and then the discussion moves on and I forget, such a shame. I wish I took notes. Have you got a new job? Is it good? I use LinkedIn mostly and recruiters find me but most of what they have does not really suit my profile. I still apply but am not even asked for an interview. I need to target very specific vacancies. So far only 3 places invited me for interviews, two did not result in offers after months of vigorous interview rounds. The other one I am waiting for the outcome of the first round. Now that I am officially unemployed I have to tell potential employers that I was made redundant which probably does not help.

Re sperm, remains a mystery to me. DH had appalling numbers for ever and no matter what we did there was no noticeable difference. Until I got pregnant that is. We did not check his levels but he had to take very hard core antibiotics for helicobacter. He was very unwell from these AB. We did not have sex for ages due to pregnancy (I did not want to take any risks) and after giving birth this was last thing on my mind. Basically I suspect we have some infection going around cos after he took AB and no sex (meaning no exposure to infection from me) but also lots of beer and no supps his numbers miraculously increased (to the levels I had not seen before). I could not believe this and asked to repeat the test cos I was absolutely sure there was a mix up in the lab. So here it was Ė AB the magic cure (as far as I am concerned). After we resumed BD his numbers started to go down (despite no alcohol and tons of supps) which is why I suspect infection. We of course were tested for everything and negative. But I know clinics and Russia and Greece ask all couples to take AB at the start of any IVF cycle simultaneously. When I questioned this practice I was told that they have accumulated enough empirical evidence that this improves IVF results and often sperm parameters.  Basically they suspect infection and told me itís not feasible to test for everything. The most pragmatic option is to take AB. Now, DH and I never took AB simultaneously which is our problem. Also the AB he took are hard core and not for faint hearted (no way I am taking them). DH did repeat this AB course two years ago before freezing his samples. I have to say his numbers were not wonderful but so much better than when we were TTC DD. Now that we are running out of frozen sperm, DH has agreed to do 3 months of no alcohol, Supps (I changed his cocktail many times over the years but most recently itís been ubiqunol 400 / FertilAid for Men and MotilityBoost or/and countBoost / Fish Oil / Folate) but I still want him to take AB. This is something that we are still discussing as he does not want to take the hard core ones. Possibly we will use Serumís protocol. With regards to alcohol, itís been hard for DH to stay completely off it for ever while we TTC (which seems like forever). it helps that he can do 3 clean months and then freeze before he resumes drinking. I cant say that I noticed any huge improvement in his numbers by staying off beer. Having said that I am convinced alcohol damages chromosomal side of things so considering we are dealing with aging eggs I need his sperm to be the best it can be. I do not care about count as we do ICSI anyway but I do care about chromosomal quality (itís not the same as morphology and I do not think this can be seen on any test really) and this is achieved by healthy eating with as less toxins as possible i.e. no alcohol.

Re elevated thyroid antibodies Ė this is definitely a factor so Iíd totally look into this considering you have other autoimmune conditions. Let us know how the treatment with Dr G goes. I so hope you can finally keep your inflammation in a stable enough state for the cycle to work. Best of luck you so deserve a good outcome!

Klik, Itís getting so close! Are you still working? Wishing you easy birth and a perfect and healthy baby! Try and get as much sleep as you can (if at all possible) before the motherhood (which translates as no sleep ever) begins.

Sorry ladies I have missed some of you but I am thinking of you all and will update as soon as I can.

Afm, I am happy to be back here! I had two very stressful months and particularly last couple of weeks while I waited for the scan. The pain on the left side is very distinct and cant be ignored and I was so worried. I am happy to report that I got all clear from dr Jurkovic! Ovary looks normal morphologically and everything looks well. He thinks the pain is due to my CL, they tend to be larger and filled with blood which can cause pain. He did (again!) questioned the reasonableness of my IVF efforts considering the number of follicles etc I totally get his point, what I do is unreasonable (I could not even tell him the number of IVFs IĎve had, 30? Seriously cant remember) but I know there is still a small chance of a viable pregnancy so I will continue. DH is going to kick off his 3 months no beer/ tons of supps regime while I use our remaining sperm storage in Brno (we have only one sample left in Munich which I will keep for a stim cycle). Dr J also confirmed my uterus looked fit for purpose after the MC. I do have a small complex cyst which is a risk. Itís been there for years and may continue to be fine but there are no guarantees here.

We have finally moved to Wimbledon! Seriously ladies, I do not know how we managed the whole thing in under two months but I am happy we have done it. I am loving the area but as I said before itís very child oriented and everyone on the street has at least one baby but normally 1-2 and a bump  now I need to figure out the scans/bloods situation locally cos itís not going to be feasible to travel to Harley street every time with my DD (we are still on the waiting list for the new nursery).   This cycle I ovulated again around day 7 which is not helpful. I want to try natural IVF for a couple of months and then possibly do a stim cycle in September. I also want to coincide the stim cycle with DHís fresh sperm sample after the end of 3 months ďcleansingĒ regime. Weíve been using mainly frozen sperm but maybe we can get a slightly better result with the fresh one.

Not having a job really puts me down, I feel useless and my confidence is disappearing fast. I also put on weight (reading that book on gene eating did not help as now I feel like whatís the point in dieting we have so little control over the whole thing). Could not do any sport as made my pain on the left much worse and was scared. Which is again not helping my blood pressure situation (totally forgot about that with everything thatís been going).

Had my 43rd birthday, actually cried a lot, DH and I were not on good terms last couple of months, very close to divorce again (buying a house, mortgage etc all contributed) but we pulled through I think, DH made a lot of effort to make my birthday an enjoyable event and finally saw the good side of buying a house. It seems strange but I was so wrapped up in dealing with billion of issues surrounding buying/owning a house that I completely missed the fact that we have a house now! And itís ours! This is huge, isnít it? And itís a beautiful house as well although most of it was built before 1890 which I understand in this country is considered a relatively new built :)

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #229 on: 23/06/19, 17:29 »
    Hey briss xx thanks for your kind words. The donor had 6 make to blast and I had 1. We transferred 2 from plus my 1. There were 4 left which we thought about freezing but we thought as they were donor she might have a fail rate so if this fails we will probably do a fresh donor cycle it was a sad and hard decision . I doubt Iíd do ivf myself tbh, I donít know if I still can keep doing it. The side effects are getting to me xx

Youíre so honest briss itís amazing. I have no idea what youíve been through but 30 IVF? My house is also 100 years old. I love the wonky walls. But if we have a successful ivf we will move. We will need a bigger house and garden. The job front is hard but think of it as a career break and youíre doing something productive in this time 😊 mindset is a fabulous thing. I wish you the best of luck xx