* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 26294 times)

0 Members

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #30 on: 19/03/19, 22:58 »
I can't believe this! Have just got an end of tenancy notice from my landlord. Basically we have 2 months to move out ... after living there for 10 years. I lost my job, pregnancy and now the flat??  I'm seriously struggling right now I don't know how I will manage everything but I can't not cycle. Just got af a bit earlier than expected but I still want to give it a go.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 19/03/19, 23:07 »
    Guys Sorry I have been a bit AWOL.

Katkat - I feel your pain wrt the not wanting to miss the egg(s), I have so few embryo's for such a lot of work I don't want to miss any oppurtunity - but like I found out last month, just coz they are there doesn't mean they will be any good.  Maybe collect if everything else if 'perfect'??
    Tamoxifem works in a similar way to Clomid by blocking the E2 receptors - my gut feeling with Tamoxifem is that the apparent 'bounce-back' occur when you stop it because it was surpressed beforehand.  I would be very surprised if it makes it better over-all for you.  - but that is just my opinion.

Helen - I hope you got some answers to your questions, My personal thoughts would be that to be honest I am not sure - I do know that I used to ovulate whilst on the progesterone implant so it is not impossible!!  I suspect that once you get to mid/late follicular phase the addition of progesterone wont stop it - but early follicular phase it would.

Klik - I am so so excited about the viability stage for you. Really really excited.  Can you share with us why you think natural worked for you after so long of trying - I don't believe it's just fluke, there is clearly part of a learning process which goes on.

Briss - I am so so so sorry for you - last thing you need. Is there anyway you can negotiate? If you have been paying your rent on time, it's actually quite hard for them to chuck you out - (believe me, unfortunately I have had to do it).
    I think it's interesting what you said about exercise too - the one blast I had was when I was exercising regularly.

Shady - I think it depends what is normal for you,
    There is really good evidence to show that if you exercise a lot (ie become carbolic, lots of anaerobic exercise, caloric defect etc) then it is very bad.  However, lack of exercise is also bad too - I would daily gentle exercise, but try not to push your heart rate to high or build up lactic acid, make sure you eat complex carbs so you don't start burning your own fat/muscle etc. 
    But do something to reduce stress and promote blood flow.

AFM - Has been a wierd month, I have had a nearly-natural cycle although I did prime and allow my hormones to bounce-back.   I am on d10 after priming and today I have 1 x 18mm, 1 x 14*11mm, 1x 10mm on the right - nothing happening on the left.

Plan for me is egg collection and hysteroscopy with implantation cuts on Friday - then next month natural cycle and transfer 1 fresh and 1 frozen (If we have enough).  fingers crossed our dominant sticks till friday and makes a good embryo (I have to admit that I have had a glass of wine of two...) and have been more than a bit stressed - so not feeling like it would be the 'best' chance we have ever had.

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 20/03/19, 11:31 »
    Babyhopeful, so sorry to hear about this cycle, I had high hopes for you after all those follies to start. I agree with KatKat, lots of us are very sensitive to suppression with buserelin, it worked ok for me once, but then I had a bad cycle with it and haven't gone back. Maybe you can suggest to your clinic that you could try antagonist SP next time? Bit more expensive on the drug costs and you may not get as even growth but I think perhaps worth a try to see how your ovaries respond when not suppressed. Wishing you good luck for the IUI - it's great that's an option for you rather than cancelling, because we have MFI I have always had to cancel when I had a poor response. the one time I tried to collect with only 2 follies, it did not go well, so I would be reluctant to do so again, mind you that may be all I get now so I have just adapt my expectations! Really if I get as far as EC I will be thrilled! 

Briss, OMG! This is awful news! Poor you, you are really getting dumped on this month. Like Queenie said, can you try and negotiate to stay a bit longer to give you breathing space, especially as you have been good tenants? Thank you for your advice on exercise, anecdotally I'm inclined to agree. No idea about egg quality, but my lining has definitely been better and better circulation since I started exercising regularly. I never get any ovary pain as I have so few follicles growing.

Helen, so glad to hear you have a good lining this time, I would trust in Penny, and keeping everything crossed for you this month and for transfer over the next few days. I so so hope this is it for you.

KatKat, I absolutely would want to collect if I was going to be taking stimms too, so I completely understand your position. Maybe you can play it by ear and see how the follies look and then make a decision at the time to collect? Especially as the cost in Brno is not so huge as in the UK to take a chance on it. Yes, Tamoxifen also blocks oestrogen signalling (it's used as a breast/ovarian cancer therapy like letrozole is to inhibit aberrant ER signalling). So I don't completely understand why it would be any different from clomid or letrozole if they're all similar mechanism of action? Unless it is to do with their halflife, or some other pharmacological reason. Sorry, that is probably not that helpful. Dr G does neupogen wash I know (I never tried it) but obviously he charges an arm and a leg. Not sure where else might, could try Zita West perhaps as George Nduwke is there but you probably have to be a patient and do IVF with them?

Queenie, good luck for EC later this week. I've come to the conclusion that having a bit of what you fancy during cycling is much better than depriving yourself (improves mental health), so I don't think having a few cheeky vinos will have harmed anything. Thank you for your answer on exercise. Because I have been doing a lot, I feel like to suddenly stop would actually be more harmful to my body now that it has adapted, but I'm just going to do the same number of running sessions a week, but run for shorter distances.

Klik - wow, I also can't believe how fast your pregnancy has progressed. Amazing amazing news on reaching this wonderful milestone, it will soon be time to meet your little boy! Your story really does give us all so much hope that miracles can happen.

Poppy, good luck with your cycle, and the early starts!

Hi to everyone else and hope you are having a good week xxx

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 20/03/19, 19:48 »
    Helenbeau - Did you decide what to do about the progesterone? I think starting at Day 11 would have suppressed ovulation, but Iím not entirely sure. Good luck with your ET later this week!

Poppy1981 - Injections at 5am does sound intense! You must be shattered! Hopefully though all your hard work will pay off.

Klik - I definitely think I was over suppressed. My first ivf was long protocol and I felt absolutely dreadful during the down reg when using suprecur. I pretty much felt the same at the beginning of this cycle, so suspected something was wrong. I thought I was just run down, but as soon as they reduced the suprecur I felt a 100% better! Iím pleased to hear your back pain is easing and the viability scan went well. The time is going so quickly, heíll be here before you know it!

Katkat - My last two cycles were with suprecur from the start, but the Bemfola was at 375 so it may have balanced it out. The clinic also thinks the extra 75 shouldnít have made a difference, but I definitely didnít have a good reaction to the suprecur this time. I have tried 2 cycles with stims, then later adding in cetrotide towards the end. I had even growth the first cycle, but during the second a follicle shot off leaving the rest behind. I am tempted to try the cetrotide again after such a bad reaction to the suprecur. Iíve heard of tamifoxen use for breast cancer patients. I believe it suppresses oestrogen, but Iím not sure how it works for ivf.

Briss - You are having such bad luck, Iím so sorry. You may be able to negotiate an extension with the landlord. I suppose itíll all depend on why he or she wants to end the contract. If they want to move in themselves then it may not be negotiable, but if theyíre selling up, they may let you stay until buyers are found. I have faith that your luck will change soon xx

Queenie123- Good luck for EC on Friday. I will also be joining you and like you I have indulged in alcohol. I had a large glass of red over the weekend as I thought this cycle was a bust. My consultant actually recommended a drink to ease my stress levels and to improve blood flow! Lets hope it works for us both!

Shadywheat - Iím definitely tempted to go back to trying an antagonist cycle. The problems Iíve had this time have put me right off using suprecur again!

Afm - The last few days have been a rollercoaster. After my rubbish scan last Friday I spent the weekend feeling utterly miserable and I indulged in chocolate, ice cream and wine, thinking that it couldnít make the situation any worse! My scan yesterday was a complete surprise, as my right ovary has suddenly woken up with 2 big follicles at 17mm and 15mm, which have grown today to 19mm and 17mm. The left sadly has given up and Iím now pretty sure the 12mm follicle was a cyst. Yesterday it had shrunk to 10mm and today it can hardly be seen. I had a sharp pain Saturday on my left side and slightly discoloured EWCM, so I think the cyst had burst. Iím wondering whether over suppression could have contributed to the cyst? I changed the suprecur dose from 30ml to 20ml Friday and then the cyst seemed to burst Saturday, could this just be coincidence? Anyway, after much debate between ourselves and the clinic we have decided to go for EC as the follicles are pretty even in size and it seems a shame not to collect them. Iím hoping Iím making the right decision and not wasting a cycle, but who knows what could happen next time, my body seems a bit unpredictable at the moment!

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 21/03/19, 13:09 »
    Babyhopefull, yeah, that's fantastic news!! I do not think wine, chocolate etc will make any difference at all, I have been doing this for so long now, and no matter what supplements or not, diet or not, it didn't really make much of a difference, ever. No idea about your cyst, sorry. Good luck with this cycle?

Shady, I may consider the neupogen wash with Dr G, as long as he doesn't charge me again for a consultation. I must still be in their system as had this awful meeting with him previously. But first I shall try the Tamoxifen... What protocol are you doing next?

Queenie, you've mentioned you did a 'nearly natural cycle -' was this just estrogen priming and no stims? Such good luck for EC and the hysto! Thanks so much about info on tamoxifen, I found a few more studies and send them to my clinic, see below.

Briss, I cannot believe this, what a bugger! This has happened to us twice (every 5 years) and the reason was they wanted to sell the flat. But each time it took forever to find someone, the first time meant we stayed an extra 6 months on a rolling contract. Are they selling the flat and is this what you could negotiate? In our second flat they then started fixing things around us whilst we were still there and whilst it was annoying it meant we had sufficient time to find somewhere else to live (which turned out to be the flat next door!!  ;D ) We even negotiated a discount whilst they tore up our terrace which we couldn't use for 2 months. You just have to be prepared to have lots of weekend viewings...

AFM, thanks for replies on tamoxifen. I was mega surprised that I also got a detailed reply from my doctor who normally sends short one-line answers. Basically, he agreed for me to try it, but cannot promise it works. So the lining stays thin and then when you stop T. then there should be this bounce back effect after 7-10 days from the day you stopped it and then - you may see an increase in the lining. He said he used to work in oncology and did lots of hystos and the issue was whilst the lining on T looked thicker on US, when he did the hysto then it wasn't actually that thick after all. But he said this was with cancer patients who had been on T for a long time.
    If this doesn't work, then I may consider the super expensive neupogen wash with Dr G if my doctor allows it. Or a stim cycle (but I have had so many good embryos transferred on stim cycles and they never implanted. Also I heard that high estrogen is not good for lining receptivity).
    Now I will have to see if the decapeptyl depot shot suppressed me for the next few months or if I will get AF as usual...

PS: FYI  - my local pharmacy told me that if there is a no deal Brexit by accident at the end of this month then they won't accept EU prescriptions any longer.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 23/03/19, 14:45 »
    Babyhopeful - How did your EC go?

Katkat - I will be really interested to hear about how Tamoxifen worked for you.  I suppose there is an argument that if you block the receptors with the Tamoxifen when you stop blocking them the receptors have become more sensitive??? but I would be surprised if it grows more than it would have done without T - (Pleasantly surprised for you!)

You asked what I meant by nearly-natural, this month it was E2 priming with patches, 2 days of Letrazole (2 tabs/day)  then nothing exp naturally high FSH until the dominant follicle was 18mm, then added in Cetrotide, when I started the Cetrotide I added in 125iu Menopur - this was only for 2 days, and worked to get the second follicle the grow and mature - then trigger.

AFM - Interesting few days -  Collected yesterday and had the hysteroscopy with a plan to bank this month and come back next month for a fresh and frozen transfer.   Collected 3 eggs,  2 were mature (which is not that surprising, the 3rd came from a tiny follicle), but only 1 fertilised (again).   Hysteroscopy showed next to no inflamation, (So Penny can find 'normal' uterus) - she did the implantation cut anyway (which to be honest I am on board with - I think they have struggled to cling on - possibly due to a bio-film, and there isn't any other way I know of for getting rid of the bio-film.  Maybe I will ask her about an EDTA wash - although don't think it's been done in people.

Penny recommended to have a month off to give my ovaries a break and also to do 100% natural (exp for Cetrotide and Trigger).  I'm Ok in principle but I am concerned this one won't make it to blast then she will want me to transfer the only good blast I have alongside whatever we make next cycle.

Also DH has been made redundant so  ^pray^ he gets another job, as otherwise it'll be hard to pay the mortgage let alone do any IVF.

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 23/03/19, 17:26 »
    Katkat - It sounds sensible to give Tamoxifen a go first to see how you react. Hopefully af will show up soon for you.

Queenie123- Fab news that youíve got fertilisation. I never get any luck with the eggs from the smaller follicles. Iíll keep everything crossed that your embryo keeps growing. Also, Iím sorry to hear about your DH, hopefully he can find something soon.

Afm - Itís been a pretty tense few days. I was not in a very good frame of mind for EC yesterday. I was super grumpy about having to go through it all again and also shed a few years before I went into theatre. Anyway, so far it seems to have been worth it as they got two eggs and both have fertilised. The embryologist recommends putting them both back Monday, but Iím really not sure. Ideally I would like to freeze one just in case my uterus is not receptive this month. However, if I want to freeze one I have to take both embryos to blast so they can decide on which one would be the best to freeze and which one to put back. Iím worried they wonít make it to blast and worried about putting 2 back. In the end the embryologist agreed to give me a ring Monday morning to advise how both were doing and decide from there.

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 25/03/19, 09:52 »
    Queenie, so sorry to hear about DH's job, that's a layer of stress that you guys just don't need. IVF puts you under enough financial stress, I really feel for you both. Hoping he gets a new job very very soon. Congratulations on your embryo! Hope that you get a chance to take it easy the next month and prepare for the next cycle. xxx

Babyhopeful, fantastic news that both the eggs fertilised! I'm so pleased for you! Good luck for the transfer today. Personally, I would want to transfer both rather than risking going to D5 and not having anything to transfer but I know others prefer to only transfer blasts.

So, I received an unexpected early birthday present. AF never showed, thought I was still suppressed from taking synarel for the FET, but I'm little over 5 weeks pregnant, betas just over 5000. I'm trying to remain calm but it's hard not to expect the worst again. I'm very grateful for this miracle, but obviously we can't be happy or get our hopes up at all given past experiences. It's very much one day at a time and every single day I stay pregnant is a blessing.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 25/03/19, 10:57 »
    Oh wow shady, your body clearly wants to be pregnant! It says don't give up, I can do this without all of this IVF malarkey. It's just crazy the amount of cycles people go through and then some end up with a natural bfp. I so dearly hope for you that this is going to stay  ^pray^

Babyhopeful, congrats on your embryos, amazing!

Queenie, good news on the embryo and I hope it makes it to blast. Sorry about the additional stress in regards to your DH's redundancy, it always comes at such inopportune moments!

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 25/03/19, 13:51 »
    don't have time to write much now, but omg, Shady, that's amazing news! I'm so hoping this is the one for you--third time lucky, hopefully! I know the next few weeks will be incredibly stressful (alongside the hope) for you... I'll be sending you good thoughts--I really hope this is the lucky one! Are you thinking of introducing (or have you already) some immune suppression or will you leave it to nature to hopefully do its thing this time? Good luck!