* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 29576 times)

0 Members

Offline Pickle123

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #60 on: 1/04/19, 10:23 »
Hello lovely ladies

I spent a big chunk of yesterday thinking about everyone on this board and the strength that everyone who posts here has. And to come back on and be met with such wonderful news, Shady!!! Amazing!! So happy for you. I think getting engrossed in a good TV show or box set is what got me through the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy (ER has a LOT of series, and a young George Clooney was also a v helpful distraction). Keeping all I have crossed for you and everyone else who is has a special guest on board. Klik, I still have a smile on my face from reading your news.

That's the wonderful thing about this bittersweet board. You can count on the fact that these wonderful things really do happen - which is so joyous in its own right, but also gives everyone such an amazing boost of hope especially when some are going through a tough time. Sending you all a huge hug. I have never gone away from this board and am always willing you all on.

I have been struggling to let go of my hopes for a second child. Has anyone seen a good counsellor about fertility issues? I am so, so lucky in so many ways, but I don't think I've ever dealt with the effect that infertility has on me and I think I need to do that to be able to move on. In the same breath, I am also in touch with Reprofit about possibly cycling again, gulp... Though I just got my day 5 blood results and my fsh is now 24 (another gulp!). I hadn't had that tested for 5 years as Create never bothered with it. I can't afford to cycle in the UK anymore but have never been to a clinic abroad.

Any way, sorry, I didn't mean to come on here to download about me, I just wanted to say hi and wish you all well. Pickle xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 1/04/19, 10:34 »
    Pickle - I was wondering how you were doing,  my FSH was in the same ballpark as yours.  Have you considered properly natural - have a skype consult with Penny (Serum).   You have done it once!

Offline Pickle123

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 1/04/19, 10:53 »
    Hi Queenie, thank you, that's reassuring to know. Hope you are doing well. Thank you, you're right, I did manage it once. I still can't believe my luck to be honest. It's still mind boggling that it worked.

I'm still taking the Norethisterone but have been for coming up a year now.

That's a good idea, I may contact Penny. I did have a consult with her a few years ago and did all the menstrual blood tests etc. I just don't want to be told I have to go and have the aqua scan or hysteroscopy etc. Reprofit also want so many test results from me and DH before I even get anywhere near a doctor! I also don't want to spend £100 on my AMH  - let's just safely assume it's going to be very low. And I have had lots of ICSI so let's assume we need that too. Another reason for Reprofit if I'm honest is that I am also considering donor eggs, and there is absolutely no way my pasty complexion can pull of a genetically half greek child!! I need a country with paler skin tones... shame Ireland is as expensive as here.

Briss, could you recommend a clinic that will treat me without all these tests? Hope you are doing well. I was so sorry to read about your sad news. Amazing that you got a BFP though. fingers crossed for next time.

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 1/04/19, 13:31 »
    Briss - Iím sorry to hear you didnít catch the egg. Do you normally ovulate before day 12? Iím just thinking itís quite early in the cycle to have missed the egg. Iím wondering if itís a bit of a strange cycle after the miscarriage. Iím pretty sure I didnít ovulate the month after mine. It may be good to try the oestrogen priming and perhaps take measures against early ovulation such as try and collect or at least scan a bit earlier. I think getting a mortgage if you can sounds a sensible option, although I know from friends experiences, itís really not easy to find something affordable in London.

Helenbeau - After taking the leap to DE Iím disappointed for you that you didnít get success this time. The transfer does sound quite late to me and perhaps your lining was out of sync with the embryos. I started progesterone the day after EC in the evening, if thatís any help. Itís massively frustrating to have to go through it all again, Iím so sorry. Iím sending you lots of hugs xx

Queenie123 - Pennyís advice and philosophy is very similar to one of my BFís. I was in a much more positive frame of mind last time when I got my BFP, so who knows perhaps there is some truth in it. The only issue I have with the PMA thing is that it is incredibly hard to keep up  all the time especially after serious set backs and sometimes I can use it as another stick to beat myself with in that Ďthis cycle didnít work because I wasnít positive enoughí. I need to get back into a more general positive frame of mind though for my own well being and not for anything fertility related.

Katkat - Did you figure out what to do with your lining this time? I would have thought a bit of stimming would grow both follicles and lining.

Shadywheat - Iím glad to hear youíre doing well and managing to distract yourself. The night is always the worse for me too. Hopefully though your worries will melt away as the pregnancy progresses. Iím keeping everything crossed for you xx

Pickle123 - I had a good session with a counsellor assigned by my clinic. Iím in the Wales area though, so it might be completely out of your area.

Afm - Any kind of symptoms started to disappear over the weekend, so after a very sleepless night I decided to take a test this morning and it was a BFN. Iím still only 7 days post a 3 day transfer, but I did had a hint of a second line at this stage on my BFP. Iíll test again Friday as Iíll need to get some more cyclogest for the weekend, but Iím pretty sure Iím out. Iím absolutely devastated not to even get implantation this time and was inconsolable this morning. The medication is making me pretty irrational and I told DH I really want to do DEs now as I feel itís too much of a struggle to get my own eggs out and an embryo to stick. Iím 40 in October, so time is ticking down and I want a baby when we both still have the energy to look after one. DH wants to revisit things when Iím a bit more rational, but honestly Iíve just had enough :(

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 1/04/19, 13:37 »
    I'm so sorry it looks like a bfn for you, I really really think you should do a blood test or wait to be sure.  Have you checked your Vit D / Folate levels - it might be that your mood might be related to that at this time of year.   Has anyone else made better eggs in the summer?? It's prob circumstantial but I wonder if there is any relationship.

It isn't your DH who has to go through with it, but it's a big decision to go DE and one which you both need to be on board.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 1/04/19, 17:40 »
    Babyhopeful, I think it is a bit early to test. I hope your fears are unfounded and tomorrow may bring a different result. I really hope so!

Welcome back pickle, I am sorry you're struggling. I have no other suggestions in terms of clinic (I am with Reprofit).

Shady, I hope Line of Duty distracted you sufficiently and you were able to sleep last night. Are you waiting for your first scan then? It is so exciting to know you are pregnant naturally, I am still in awe!

AFM, If I took Menopur/merional/Menofert which has LH in it, rather than Gonal F, will a blood test show increased LH results? I tend to do LH and estrogen tests on a natural cycle. Just want to know what results to expect should I decide to get some of the before mentioned (like 75iu per day).
    I have no cm or ewcm still so no estrogen production. I am now worried that the decapeptyl has totally shut me down and those tiny follicles won't even grow without any help. And no follicles will mean no lining growth!

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 1/04/19, 22:52 »
    Yes of course there will be a small increase in LH, the test can't tell the difference between natural and manufactured.  It shouldn't increase much depending on the dose you take, for 75iu,  I would estimate not about 1-2 mIU/mL.   Your follicles are still quite small so don't worry if you don't have EWCM yet - it takes a few days for your hormones to re-balance from the suppression, but those follicles should grow - maybe they need a tiny push.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 2/04/19, 11:38 »
    Hi Pickle, nice to hear from you. Hope you are well. As for donors at serum don't let the Greek thing put you off. I don't think many donors are Greek. No matter where you go I think the donors are often from the same kinds of countries, Poland, Russia. East Europe. I'm sure they will be able to match you. I went to Serum hoping I'd get a greek donor as I do have dark hair and olive skin but I do't think it works that way.

Baby Hopeful, I know once you've tested you kinda know...but 7 days after a 3 day transfer is a bit early. As for being fed up and sick of this poop I totally hear you. I have to be honest and I woke up feeling a depressed today. It feels a bit more than just sad and fed up, but I also feel like there's not much I can do about it because this is one situation I can't control. As for the donor thing something positive I can say about it is that it does feel far less stressful and taxing on my mind and body not to have to go through stims, scans, fertilisation reports etc etc and the ups and downs that that comes with. Now at least I know that I will have top quality blasts and the only thing (haha) I have to worry about is to get them to implant! As I said before I felt nothing different when I had them transferred as when they were my own and I'm so keen for a successful pregnancy that really that's all I care about now. Being single is really hard but one of the few benefits is that at least I can make decisions for myself and don't have to worry about what a partner might want. Starting the progesterone the evening the day after EC is intersting. Did they do a blood test to see how how your progesterone was?

AFM hoping my period will just hurry up and come. I'll start another cycle straight away. Penny says it's good as the drugs will still be in my system. Not sure how that helps but maybe the estrogen I've been taking will help to suppress me this time so a dominant follicle doesn't take off. I'm still convinced my progesterone levels are too high at transfer which might be stopping implantation. Last transfers mine were 70ng and 46ng. Three girls I know who just got pregnant at Serum had levels of 23ng, 30ng and 34ng. Surely clinics have looked into this? They tend to say it doesn't matter as long as it's over 20ng, but it I just feel my lining is over baked so to speak. Penny has me on 400mg on the first evening, then 800mg for 3 days, then 1000mg continuing. I added up that I took 5200mg of progesterone before transfer. Most people take 800mg/day right? So if you divide that by 800mg it means I had 6.5 days worth of progesterone! However women who produce lots of follicles when stiming must get really high progesterone levels too, or do you think the body regulates it?
    Anyway I think I might knock my progesterone back a bit to 800mg/day and if I have a dominant follicle again I won't start the progesterone until the morning and miss out the 400mg the evening before so that I have 4 full days of progesterone and transfer on the 5th day.
    It's all a mad science!

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 4/04/19, 10:59 »
    Out of interest, what time of day do you ladies take progesterone on a stim cycle, and what time of day do you start on an FET?

AFM, today;s scan showed that my lining had regressed to 3.5mm and the follicles have shrunk/disappeared and are now all 4-5mm. I should add I took a couple of day's Menofert/Menopur 75iu the last 2 days. The sonographer said it looks like a baseline scan, just that I am day 14. What's going on?! This is super scary! Has the tamoxifen put me into menopause (it suppresses estrogen)? Or this the kind of effect that decapeptyl depot shot has on you (I took it about 7 weeks ago)? Or is my body messed up as I took 2 months of estrogen followed by 5 days of suppressing estrogen with tamoxifen? I have no idea where I am or what do you. Will I get my period as normal in 2 weeks time,even though there is no real lining to shed and no follicles to ovulate?

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 4/04/19, 12:06 »
    I'm sorry that is rubbish.

When do you finish the Tamoxifen?

I would almost be tempted to write this month off and just have a few scans to monitor what happens to your lining when you come of the T.