* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 29580 times)

0 Members

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #70 on: 4/04/19, 12:27 »
KatKat, I'm really sorry to hear this. If you remember, I had the same response to letrozole last summer, and had to abandon a fresh cycle, it completely suppressed me and on D9 it looked like baseline. It was really scary and I felt crap and menopausal with breakthrough bleeding because my oestrogen was so low. However.... your cycle should come back, probably just late (maybe a week - 10 days once the drugs have come out of your system) - I had a natural pregnancy on that cycle so must have ovulated! I'm so frustrated for you though, this is gutting. Lister would have let me go again the month after so you should be able to try another cycle once AF shows up.

Pickle, so lovely to hear from you and thank you for all your positive thoughts and good wishes. That's amazing that you're thinking of trying again! I think for some of us natural may work better when FSH is so high, I'm wondering now whether I should have just tried that to start with (or perhaps even something like IUI despite the doctors telling us we definitely needed IVF!). I second what Helen said I have been looking at Greek clinics to get a more brown looking baby, but they have lots of Eastern European donors so you would definitely be able to find a donor to match.

Babyhopeful, good luck for testing tomorrow. Please don't count yourself out before OTD - you could have a late implanter and it takes a while for HcG to rise enough to be seen on a urine test, even FRER.

Early scan booked for next week but as it draws closer I almost don't want to know.... wouldn't it be lovely to be just like everyone else and wait until 12 weeks???! I have almost no symptoms because I think taking steroids masks them so its impossible to know if everything's ok.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #71 on: 4/04/19, 13:26 »
    Queenie, I only took the T from days 3-7 and I am now day 14.  There should be a bounce back effect 7-10 days after taking it, but it does the opposite for me, there is zero estrogen production, I have no cm and normally I do. Also the lining and follicles shrunk between days 10-14. Dr Pavel says to jsut wait for af now. Ugh!

Shady, see and I am thinking the opposite, why did we waste one year with iui (one was cancelled as I had 5 follicles over 17mm and they didn't want me to have quintuplets and we were so silly and didn't ttc!). Yes wouldn't it be lovely to just be like everyone else.. you have no symptoms and no af so it can only all be good :) I totally forgot you had this same thing on letrozole! No chance of me ovulating, I have no follicles growing, this is mega scary! So remind me, on Day 9 it was like baseline and then your cycle only started afterwards? I am just wondering if for me this cycle is just being skipped somehow and I will just get af eventually. I really hope so. I never knew what dry felt like, - now I do!

AFM, I cannot now have a transfer before June/July and it feels like the day will never come! I am on a work trip to Africa mid/end May and I need to take malaria tablets and after that you cannot have a transfer for like 2 weeks :(

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #72 on: 4/04/19, 13:35 »
    Katkat - Yes you can't have a transfer.  It does sound like this month isn't your best shot.

You can take doxycycline and as anti-malarial, (P gives it to hidden C women anyway) so you can cycle whilst on that and you can think about banking embryo's, you can also have a zika blood test to see if you have been exposed to be sure.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 4/04/19, 14:10 »
    Queenie I think doxy you need to take for 6 weeks after you get back though and malarone just one week (but then can't transfer for 14 days or collect for at least 4-6 weeks). It's just all not ideal. I can't believe I wasted half this year paying out on scans and not getting anywhere  >:(

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 4/04/19, 14:14 »
    You can take Doxy in the first trimester, in fact Penny puts all women with hidden C on it in the pre-transfer and 2ww.

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 4/04/19, 14:25 »
    KatKat, yes that's exactly right, my situation v similar, lining about 3mm, no lead follicle and all of them were under 6mm. I think possible scenarios would be you could either have an anovulatory cycle, but you could still have ovulation once the suppression is removed, your hormone levels will start to rise and it will be just like starting straight after AF but ovulation delayed. that's what sonographer at Lister told me once I found out I was pregnant, because I thought the chances were zero because physically I felt like I hadn't ovulated and was still in menopausal state. I'm so sorry you have to wait till June/July now, that's rubbish... the waiting is the part I find the hardest. And all the money spent on scans! I felt very much like that last year, thousands on scans and bloods and no cycle seen through to completion so it felt very much like money down the drain.

I am seeing Elizabeth Day speak about her book tonight, I'm very excited. She is one of my total woman crushes, if you haven't read any of her articles or listened to her amazing podcast series 'How to Fail', she is very eloquent and honest about infertility, IVF and MC. The pieces she has written on this topic really resonated with me, especially when she wrote about having a MMC and essentially pretending to the sonographer that she was fine while clearly not being because she didn't want to make a fuss.

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 5/04/19, 19:40 »
    Queenie123 - I do get a bit glum in the winter, but I have been taking high strength vitamin D and a vitamin B complex for some time. I think my mood is to do with miscarriage and perhaps cycling again too soon. This cycle has been a rollercoaster and combined with an increase in prednisolone my anxiety has gone through the roof. I am starting to step back on the prednisolone which is making me feel slightly more normal.

Helenbeau - I hope youíre feeling a bit better. Itís great that you can cycle again so soon. I really think this will work for you and have everything crossed. Sometimes it is easier making decisions on your own. I didnít have a blood test before starting the progesterone or while on it. My clinic are not really into monitoring bloods at any stage. Iím not sure if this is a good or bad  thing? I did have my progesterone monitored on my NHS cycles, but I bled before otd on the first cycle because my progesterone was too low and not picked up by the clinic despite the blood test!

Katkat - I take my progesterone at 8am and 8pm. I think it has to be administered at almost exactly 12 hour intervals. I really canít understand how your lining has shrunk and not surprised your finding the situation scary. It sounds like the tamoxifen is not agreeing with you. I would think you would still get a withdrawal bleed after stopping the drugs, or even a normal bleed, but a bit later as things may bounce back again. Another scan as Queenie has suggested sounds a good idea. Also Iím sure Iíve read somewhere that anti malaria medication can be used to help with implantation. Iím not sure which type and how much, but it may be worth investigating if you want to get going sooner.

Shadywheat- Good luck for your scan next week! It is a shame that we just canít relax. The steroids did mask things for me. How are you coping on 25mg of prednisolone? Iíve been on 20mg and I really donít think I can take that much again, it has sent me a bit loopy! I have read an article about Elizabeth Dayís fertility struggles and I love how she is speaking out and raising awareness.

Afm - Itís now 11 days past my 3 day transfer and still BFN. Otd isnít until Tuesday, which I think is ridiculously far away. Iíll take my meds until Sunday, then thatís it. The cyclogest is making me very hot, especially at night and the prednisolone intensified my anxiety and insomnia. DH is now slightly more open to DE discussions, but we just canít decide what to do next. We still have a frostie, so will use that before DEs, but I am tempted to try 2 more OE cycles, or maybe several IUI stim cycles. I havenít heard of people going into IUI after IVF failures though, but if sperm is not a problem, we know my eggs can fertilise and implant and the success rates are very similar to IVF Iím not sure why we shouldnít try this route? My main concern is that we donít have success with IUI/IVF and then we only have money left for one round of DEs, which may take several rounds. DH is adamant he doesnít want to use all our savings and I tend to agree. I have read that Access Fertility provide a 3 round DE guarantee with a local clinic, which is tempting to enquire about. Helenbeau if you donít mind me asking, did you sign up to any guarantee packages with Serum? Any thoughts or ideas from you all on our dilemmas would be gratefully appreciated :) 

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 6/04/19, 12:55 »
    Iíve just been having a quick catch up on this thread...

Shady, huge congratulations, I really hope that it works out for you.

So sorry to everyone else who has had sad news and disappointment lately xx

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 7/04/19, 21:19 »
    Ugh, I started writing a long reply and then my computer started acting up. So I may post this in a few stages, just in case--apologies!

katkat: I'm really sorry your lining is not playing ball. I've been oversuppressed a couple of times, and it truly freaked me out both times--there was a real fear that I wouldn't bounce back... but I did, and so will you. One of the times, I asked Dr Ozturk if it meant I was reaching menopause, and he (uncharacteristically) was absolutely categorical when he said "no". The first time I was oversuppressed (pill), it took ages for me to ovulate, but when I did, I got my very first surprising natural pregnancy (m/c, though, of course...). The second time, ovulation was only delayed by maybe two weeks, and I ended up getting two eggs on a natural cycle, both of which fertilised, one of which made a nice blast. So oversuppression just means delay--nothing more nefarious than that, though it feels... well, it feels barren. It's a horrible place to be--I hope you come out of it soon! I'm really sorry it's yet another disappointment, yet another delay. I hope Africa turns out to be really nice and you come back refreshed and ready for a good pregnancy!

Babyhopeful: if first-morning-urine FRER didn't show even a hint of a second line this morning, you're right, it's likely not a good sign at 13dp3dt... I'm really sorry if that's the case... Re. IUI, I used to  be dead-set against it, believing that only taking an egg out of me, putting a sperm into it, and then putting the egg into me would work. But now... Now I wonder if all I needed was a bit of hormonal support all along. IUI is a lot like that. So, maybe? But then you might as well go even more towards natural, and just do timed intercourse with some hormonal support along the way... So hard to know, though, what *you* need. I know in your place I'd be tempted to do again and again what got me a pregnancy, but that's probably not very smart... Anyway, I'm really sorry... It's terribly gutting...

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 7/04/19, 22:06 »
    gosh, I wrote the next piece in my "series" again and lost it again! Well, here goes...

queenie, I really do believe that psychology plays a strong part in the possibility of a pregnancy, especially for those of us whose bodies don't naturally cooperate... I've talked about it a lot with my therapist, and I think it's unbelievably difficult to get into that special state of mind that is conducive to implantation--receptivity. It's very alive, it's ready to receive, but it's also very passive... And passivity doesn't come naturally to a lot of us on this board, myself very much included. I think we're doers, here, which generally serves us well, but possibly gets in the way of the sort of welcoming, quiet openness that we need to find... And I think it's very difficult to find a way to be in that state, if it doesn't come very naturally. At least I find it difficult... It makes sense to me that for some women, positive visualisation would get them in that state, would help them to literally become a mother. I feel like it wouldn't work for me--it would just be me being interventionist again, rather than just being. I wonder if meditation would have helped... For my part, I was always fascinated by women who only got a good pregnancy after they truly, genuinely gave up on TTC with OE (they turned to DE, or adoption, or gave up on having kids, or went on a massive bender after having transferred the most rubbish-looking of embryos, or whatever). I envied that loophole (as I saw it) immensely because it simply was not available to me... I just am not a giver-upper, and there was no way to trick myself into believing that I was. Then I transferred loads of beautiful embryos, all BFN, I turned 44, which meant my eggs were probably rubbish, plus my uterus was problematic, surrogacy and DE were both potentially in the picture, and I genuinely believed a natural pregnancy was not possible (though I still BD'd and FRER;d, just in case). And then, it seems, I became one of those very women I envied. So weird. But how does one get into that "letting go" state without having to suffer so, so much first? I really wish I knew. We each have to find our path, and I hope we all do, and soon... Best of luck...

Shady: I am very much in the camp of "no symptoms is good symptoms." I understand your reluctance to have a scan this week... after all, it seems that things go better in TTC when your mind is elsewhere... Plus you've had so much trauma already... These scans must have painful echoes for you... All I can say is, I hope you see a strong heartbeat in this scan, and that the heart you see keeps beating for many, many more decades to come... Best of luck...