* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 31402 times)

0 Members

Offline klik

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #80 on: 7/04/19, 22:19 »
Pickle: it's really nice to hear from you! I'm glad I could bring you a smile! I honestly think measuring FSH and AMH is rubbish... I mean, maybe measure FSH if you need to control it with oestrogen during a cycle, or something like that, but as a measure of fertility I think it has very poor predictive power. I've seen so many women conceive with high FSH... I do believe you stand a good chance again with OE, even if getting every egg is such a struggle for you... But DE is such a good option, too--it may well be in the cards for us, too, for next time... What I hope for you is, if you go ahead with your next attempt, you land at a clinic that treats you well and looks after you properly... And hopefully that will bring you your second little miracle... Good luck...

Sunshine: I hope the bleeding is completely gone by now, and that your anxiety has decreased to match...

AFM: so far so good. I still can't believe our luck. Emotions are all over the place... But for much of the time, I'm just incredibly grateful that we've been so absurdly lucky, after all this time...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Pickle123

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 8/04/19, 07:12 »
    Thank you Klik :) What a brilliant post there about the ability to give up. I think thereís so much truth to that. Iím a very stubborn woman, I just canít commit to giving up psychologically and I know my body so well now that itís not like I can forget when Iím ovulating as I notice everything! Iíve got to retest my poxy fsh as Reprofit want day1-3 and mine was 5.

Babyhopeful, Iím sorry the testing has been so disappointing. Hope you are doing okay. Iíd love to hear more about the DE guarantee packages when you know more.

Katkat, I know it feels ages away. Iím going to wish it away faster for you. Itís so frustrating waiting all the time, and having to work and fit everything in. Fingers crossed for your transfer when itís time.

Helen, thank you thatís a good thought re donors from other nationalities. I hadnít thought of that. Hope AF has arrived and you can crack on, good luck!!

Shady, I have everything, even my ovaries crossed, for your scan this week! I know how terrifying they are after a loss but I believe this is your time. Good luck.

Hello to everyone else and I hope you have a good week. Sorry for typos, doing this on my phone and realising that maybe 30 years since my last eye test is a tad long x

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 8/04/19, 14:17 »
    Hi Guys,

I'll do proper personals later,

But I just wanted to let you know - I have a sister who is 8.5 years younger than me (currently 28), and it took a lot of emotional strength to bring myself to tell her about the low AMH.    I told her a couple of months ago and she has just got her results back.

Her AMH is 5.9 pmol/L   at 28  !!!

What does that say about using her as a donor for me? 
    Will she be on here too in a couple of years?

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 8/04/19, 16:36 »
    Babyhopeful just a quick note to say am sorry.  11dp3dt should be fairly conclusive :(  Difficult to suggest what to do next, I am sorry I have no further input.

Queenie, I would be tempted to tell your sister to freeze her eggs now if she is not in a relationship (like klik did). Then she won't be under such pressure later on should it lead to it. I would however probably double check the results again in a month's time or so and at the same time do an antral follicle count, as they really go hand in hand. Not sure how easily accessible it is for her, but I'd do a full blood panel as AMH is just one number, so TSH, FSH, LH, dhea, testosterone etc etc ie the full lot. When you're 28 you don't think this is necessary, but I wished I'd had someone who basically forced me into freezing my eggs back then, it may have saved years of my life, tens of thousands of pounds and a lot of heartache!

Shady, hope all is going well. Thanks for explaining again what happened to you on letrozole. I have never actually heard of anyone for whom letrozole has stopped follicular development! But I now know someone for whom tamoxifen has done so :/ my doctor thinks it is defo the T, that did this.

Hi klik, hope the little one is growing strong! Enjoy the pregnancy if you can :)

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 9/04/19, 21:28 »
    Babyhopeful, I'm so so sorry. Really gutted for you, it's so difficult to know what to do next and how much appetite you have for more OE cycles. I think your plan to do 2 more sounds really sensible and then you could see how you feel. Remember, there is no clock ticking on DE, it's still something you could move to later with similar success rates as now, but obviously there is the financial and emotional costs to consider. Take care of yourself and don't feel like you need to rush into another cycle or make a hasty decision about anything xxx

Sunshine, lovely to hear from you and thank you for your good wishes. How are you doing? I hope all the bleeding has stopped and that you are getting the chance to feel a bit more relaxed about the pregnancy now.

Klik, I can well imagine you must be pinching yourself all the time! It's really a fantastic story and one where it just goes to show that we should never give up hope or get disheartened by the stats that doctors quote at us. I'm really glad that you're doing well and starting to enjoy being pregnant.

Queenie, I'm really so sorry to hear about your sister. Does she realise the implications of this? It's so awful to already have to think about your family planning at 28, but if she has the funds, I would second KatKat's recommendation that she try to freeze eggs now so that she has a security blanket in the future. I really wish I had tested my AMH years ago and done the same. Of course, it doesn't preclude her getting pregnant naturally if her partner has no problems, but there are no guarantees. When I was considering using my sister as a donor, we found her AMH was around 7 and the doctors said that we would probably need multiple rounds of collection with her to guarantee enough embryos for me, and when I weighed up the costs, I ended up deciding I would rather spend the money on me. I still don't know if that was the right decision, but I think in the end I prefer the thought of an anonymous donor than potential emotional complications with using my sister down the line.

Had a very positive appointment with Dr Dovas from New Life over the weekend, I really liked him and found him very pragmatic and data driven. He didn't push for us to move to DE and said we should only do so when we feel comfortable, and that I should only say yes to a donor they find and match if I'm completely comfortable with the donors, otherwise they will keep on looking to get the best match they can for me - he also knows my consultant at the Lister well which is good. Hopefully we don't need it though, but its good to know it's an option should we chose to do so at some stage in the future.

We had an early scan today and I was super nervous. However, it's cautious good news so far. We saw a heartbeat even on a tummy scan and the baby is measuring bang on at 7 1/2 weeks. I'm going to make the huge step of booking in for a midwife apt and then we'll see when they schedule the next scan. Probably I will get an interim 10 week scan to reassure myself though. I feel incredibly lucky to have got so far, and I very much hope that this little fighter decides to keep on sticking around. Thank you all so much for all your sweet and thoughtful messages, I have been genuinely touched and humbled by all the good wishes I have received, and it really means so much to have all the support of the wonderful women that I have met and messaged over these years behind me. xxx

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 9/04/19, 22:05 »
    Shadywheat - I just wanted to pop on and say how super pleased I am for you. I have been thinking of you and keeping everything crossed xx

Hi to everyone else - Iím hoping to do more personals in a few days xx

Offline Hopeful_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 10/04/19, 16:05 »
    Hi ladies!! Hope you're all doing ok.  I'm slowly trying to catch up with where everyone is...

Klik and Shady - congratulations to you both!  Really incredible news.  Klik, I bet you just can't believe it is happening at times.  I cannot tell you how happy I am for you.  Shady that's great about your first scan; another step in the right direction.  I will keep everything crossed for the next one.  Well done for booking MW appointment too!

I'm so sorry to all those who have not been successful yet - it is such a difficult, long and frustrating journey for those of us on this board.

We are now back from a fantastic year in NZ.  I can honestly say that it was restorative in so many ways (despite having surgery for Asherman's whilst there!) and I am so glad we did it.  Trying to settle back into life here and have just had a further round of IVF.  Although we are lucky enough to have some frozen blasts here (our consultant keeps reminding us that it's really 3, not 5 as the other two are unlikely to survive the thaw), they have not been PGS tested and so we wanted to try and bank some more if possible.  The cycle hasn't gone as well as we would have hoped (I had 8 follicles on cycle before we started meds! 8!) but it looks like we have a couple of embryos in the running on day 2.  Next update tomorrow so we are keeping everything crossed.  In a big turn of events, my lining is 7.3mm!!!! So although we were planning to freeze all, I'm tempted to put something back to capitalise on that lining.  We shall see how things go...  Our clinic is not starting PGS testing until June so these ones won't be tested either.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone's news.

H x

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 11/04/19, 18:39 »
    Hi everyone, sorry I disappeared off again. Life got crazy busy with my job again...been trying to catch up on everyonesís updates...

Shady- congrats on another natural pregnancy! Iím keeping everything crossed for you as well that this is the one! Iím glad that the 7 week scan went well and you could see a heart beat. The fact that youíre able to get natural pregnancies is a really good sign. Maybe there is something in it about completing relaxing and endorphins kicking in. I might also be looking at DE in near future.

Thanks for your advise (prob was ages ago now) about leaving a stressful job and toxic environment. Iím currently resting after surgery and have had time to reflect and realise how miserable Iíve been. In the next few days I will be doing my CV and start the search. Although it is daunting especially the stress of changing jobs, but I feel like I need to do something about it now.

Klik - again pleased that everything is going well and itís amazing at 44 you were able to get a natural pregnancy! Gives us hope! - a while ago now since the post but my boobs do get incredibly sore during the luteal phase on some cycles, to the point itís agonising and think theyíre going to drop off! After my period starts it eases off a bit but sometimes theyíre still sore. I still donít know what that means!

BRISS- really sorry you have the stress of moving/ buying. As Queenie said you could try asking if theyíve could extend the lease and it is prob a good time to buy right now. I do know it is super stressful though. We bought a house and sold my flat last March while trying to go through IVF, and a stressful job. I think back to it now and wonder how I got through it.

Katkat - sorry youíre having lining issues, I hope June/July will come about really quickly

Baby hopeful - Iím sorry for your BPN :( it is crushing each time 

Helen - sorry the 1st DE didnít work. I know it can take a few gos even with DE. I may consider serum in the future for DE as looking for brownish looking donors, I will be interested in hearing your experience.

Queenie- so sorry to hear about your sister. As the other ladies have said if sheís not ready to start trying for a baby now, egg freezing is a good idea. I did have some frozen when I was younger but I only did one round. I wish someone told me to do another round to hedge our bet a bit. My DH was telling me he saw an article where ARGC were wanting to be in the cheapest in the market to provide egg freezing for women under a certain age as they believe it should be accessible to all women. Not sure when that'll take place though.

AFM- I had excision surgery for endometriosis last Weds and have been at home recovering since. This was a more positive experience for me than my previous surgery as they said they managed to get all visible endometriosis. This time it was excision surgery rather than ablation (burning), which is the preferred method as recurrence is much less. After my surgery in 2015, the surgeon looked defeated and upset (looking at me like not knowing what to say) when telling me they found a lot and they burnt off what they could but guaranteed it will come back. I had done a lot of research to find a skilled surgeon so I am hopeful.  Although now I do have some adenomyosis and unsure what if anything I can do about that. Good news is there were no endometriomas (chocolate cysts) so my ovaries werenít touched. And my tubes look structurally normal, which means I still have them! I was mentally preparing myself to wake up with no tubes due to hydrosalpinx or damage from endo. They did find quite a bit of endo on my pelvic side walls which my left ovary was stuck to (also stuck to sigmoid), so they freed it. I woke up with my ovaries raised with stitches. Also found endo on uteroscral ligaments, rectovaginal nodule amongst other places. He said although he doesnít want to stage it I would have been stage 3.

Iíve also had time to reflect on my job the last 3 months and realised how miserable Iíve been racked with stress and anxiety. When I told my boss about surgery date she did ask initially if I could postpone and if i could check my emails after surgery while recovering. I said no to both. I am intending on doing my CV next few days and start the job search.

Iíve also been reflecting on my fertility journey. The only one time Iíve managed to get pregnant, it was really easy and we werenít even really trying as our relationship was only 6 mths new (Altho weíd known each other for longer). Since then 3 years after the miscarriage I havenít been able to conceive once! And Iím wondering why?? Some things that happened then was I got pregnant a month after surgery, I was completely relaxed as my job was not stressful then and I was happy in a love bubble. I think there is a lot to it with being relaxed and endorphins helping. I donít know if it was just luck or it was a combination of all 3 factors. I know with my age egg quality will be worse now.
    I have one more freezing cycle left with Create. I kinda wish I didnít. My consultation with them after the last lack of fertilisation was that it must be egg quality. Donít know what else it could be. Weíve never had no fertilisation before so it was a shock.
    Then Iíll transfer all frozen embryos and thaw eggs then thatíll be it with OE for me.

Sorry for the very long post ...

Offline Hopeful_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 12/04/19, 07:35 »
    MSJ - so glad your surgery went well, it sounds very thorough and will hopefully increase your chances of pregnancy. Iím also thinking about having another lap as my last one was in 2015 so itís encouraging to hear you had a positive experience. Re: your last cycle at Create, Iím afraid I donít know the details but it could just be an anomalous result, an unlucky month in which to have started. The only way youíll know is by doing another. Is there a time limit in which you have to have all 3 cycles? Could there be other reasons for no fertilisation? For example, timing of collection, if you had IVF could you try ICSI next time? Your plan sounds really sensible - how many embryos do you have frozen? Also, great that you are feeling motivated to get out of your current work situation. Even if it makes no physical difference, itís just so much easier going through the processes when you are not under a high level of stress and pressure x

Offline Rillischen

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 12/04/19, 11:51 »
    Hi ladies I lurk on this board from time to time and itís lovely following your journeys. I have been over on the FET board recently but I wondered if I could ask some advice as I know there is a huge amount of experience on this thread.

I am 43, low AMH, single, had 2 cycles of natural modified IVF with donor sperm resulting in just one frozen 3 day embryo which I had transferred 2 weeks ago. BFN unfortunately.

I wanted totally natural FET and monitor ovulation myself but at last minute was pushed to do ovitrelle to trigger ovulation and I didnít follow my heart. I took the ovitrelle on day 7 of my cycle (lining at day 7 was 6.8mm).

I felt this was really early as my ovulation is regular and was due on day 12. I asked about the lining and they said they just go by follicle size. They didnít scan me again after day 7 so I have no idea what the lining was at transfer. So I had the 3 day embryo transfer on day 12.

Iím in a dilemma now as to what next? Part of me wants to just try an IUI straight away (period started today) just to see what my body does (Iím using donor sperm). Another part of me thinks I should just go to donor egg, as I have already spent so so much, but I struggle with the anonymity a bit. And another part feels give it another go but maybe short protocol rather than natural.

I found the whole process so intense, I really have a lot of respect for you ladies who have been through this so many times.

Would really welcome any thoughts you ladies have.

Thank you and hope you are all doing ok x