* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 26292 times)

0 Members

Offline Helenbeau

modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #90 on: 15/04/19, 13:44 »
Hi Ladies, just a quick one as Iím trying to get my head around when to start progesterone. Iím doing another medicated FET. Again I have a dominant follicle measuring 20mm today day 13. No second line on LH urine test so Iím wondering if the estrogen has suppressed the LH if not my follicle. Penny says donít worry about follicle, no instruction to trigger. Iím to start progesterone tomorrow morning 800/day with transfer Saturday. So thatís 4 full days of progesterone before transfer Saturday. Normally with Serum you start progesterone in the evening. When do you ladies normally start progesterone and how many full days before transfer. I want to try get this right as last time I had 6.5 full days before transfer (not including transfer day) which I think was too long and now itís 4 full days with transfer following day. I just want to try mimic my 5 dayís transfers on stim cycles which have got me pregnant so this timing should mean thatís my best receptivity but not sure how to translate this into FET timing.

I donít think this dominant follicle will ovulate as no sign of LH surge and if usually have one by now, guess it just sits there 🤷🏻‍♀️

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 15/04/19, 16:42 »
    Helen - day 13 would be a tad early for me, what was your lining and do you have EWCM?  How much E2 are you on?

the LH peak is triggered by Oestrogen, when it is high - not suppressed (that only happens mid cycle).  I would test again tomorrow morning, with any luck you will have peaked and then you can start you progesterone happy in the knowledge your follicle should ovulate.   

Alternatively if the follicle is not healthy then it won't affect anything like penny said and you can just ignore it.   It sounds like she suspects it is not a healthy follicle more cystic so she is just ignoring it,  if that is the case then for a d5 transfer you do want to be starting progesterone 4 days beforehand (I agree with you that 6.5 days is too long, I wouldn't want more than 5 days for a d5 embryo).   

For me when I had a medicated FET we waited until the lining was optimal, which was closer to day 18/19 I think from memory, I didn't have any big follicles, and we added in progesterone 3 days before a d3 transfer.

Offline Hopeful_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 15/04/19, 19:44 »
    Hi Helen - I had 4 clear days on my medicated FET, so transfer on the 5th day of progesterone (that cycle was successful)

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 15/04/19, 21:51 »
    Just a quick one for hopeful81 - if you do decide to have another lap, if youíre not a member already, I would recommend become a member of Nancy Nooks endometriosis education forum. On there you can find a list of surgeons who have been recommended by patients that have the skills necessary to perform the surgery, as it is quite a complex surgery especially if they find it effects the bowel etc. Not all gynaecologist are trained adequately to excise all endometriosis, hence why my first surgery didnít address all the Endo.
    Thanks for your advice re Create. It could have been just a bad month, but I guess we wonít know. I felt like I was triggered too early but again we wonít really know. Theyíve extended until Nov for me to do final banking and FET, but hopefully would get it all done well before then. I have 3 embryos and 6 eggs frozen.
    I hope your cycle went well?

Rililischen - deciding on whether to go for donor or not is a personal one and you have to come to terms with it in yourself and be ready for it. Also it depends on how much you want to keep trying with your own bearing in mind, it could be a long road. For me I feel like once Iíve used up all my reserves and done my final embryo banking I donít have it in me to continue with my own as it just takes too much out of me emotionally, physically and financially every time and I really do struggle bouncing back and staying strong. So for me I donít feel like I can keep going since the success rates are so low at this age. Iím also 43.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 15/04/19, 22:23 »
    MSJ - Did Create let you bank eggs? 
    I was wondering about doing a few egg only cycles then doing ICSI and culturing.  I am thinking of going back to Create if my next cycle at Serum doesn't stick.  But I don't really want to pay 1k per cycle for ISCI  when I only have a couple of good eggs.

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 15/04/19, 22:30 »
    Queenie- I had my egg freezing done at CRGH 4 years ago, but I think Create do egg banking as well. I hadnít quite thought about it like that, I guess youíre right ICSI does sound quite expensive if you only have 1 or 2 eggs...

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 17/04/19, 10:53 »
    Sorry ladies for the silence and lack of personals, I'm currently in a bit of a state stretching myself in all directions does no good really I'm failing on all grounds.  We started elonva protocol but I'm in doubts as I'm just so stressed changing job, house, dealing with miscarriage while undergoing ivf was probably too much. Needless to say I failed my last interview and didn't get the job :( it hit me really hard cos I don't seem to have any other prospects at the moment. I feel like it's all coming crushing down on my head. We have just a bit over a month left on our tenancy. DH lost sleep and has daily nightmares and I'm beginning to follow that suit. But mostly I just let go of trying to do a good job and let things work out themselves, I just sit at home on my sofa feeling blank like a frozen screen. Sorry ladies for offloading it all here I just can't take it anymore . I always thought one thing I learnt from the entire infertility journey was to accept uncertainty as a normal state of being and yet here I am...

And just to add to the injury ultrasound direct increased their scan prices from 99 to 135 :(

Happy Easter!

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 17/04/19, 12:55 »
    hey Hopeful, Have you had your transfer yet? Just so I understand, you had egg collection, then 4 days of progesterone starting in the morning after egg collection, and then the transfer Day 5 after EC? My clinics always started me on the evening of egg collection, so I'd have 4.5 days of progesterone and then transfer on day 5. I am wondering why some clinics start the next day only... how was your lining at transfer?

Shady what wonderful news about the heartbeat, I am really so happy for you. What a miracle on here again! How are you feeling?

Briss, am really sorry for what you're going through. Can you rent somewhere else temporarily rather than the stress of a mortgage? How rubbish about the job as well. You sound so down :( sending you a really big hug! If you are going for a natural IVF just book the endo scan... but with Elonva and having more than one egg you can't get away with it I think.

MSj, I am glad surgery went well. I am totally with you, I've now had enough of getting negative after negative with my own eggs. I just need to get to transfer the frozen ones so I can consider moving on. Maybe this one last cycle gives you a great last embryo...! Your comment about getting pregnant early on in a relationship, when you're in a love bubble, kind of makes sense to me. Everything is new, endorphins running high etc. But I also don't believe in someone saying 'just relax and it will happen'. I have relaxed a lot and it didn't happen! Plus what about all those women that lived and got pregnant in wartimes..

Hi Rillischen! Even though you triggered Day 7 it looks like you had an embryo that cycle so it was probably the right time to trigger you that cycle (otherwise the egg would have been dismature). If you did another natural cycle again I suggest to take an estrogen and LH test the same day and make the trigger dependent on the results - but as I said it must have worked going by follicle size as you had an embryo. For me the lining only starts properly growing after the trigger shot, so I would assume yours was easily 7.5mm or more at egg collection day, so probably fine for transfer.  Did you take progesterone?
    The question of natural modified, vs natural vs stim cycle really depends on how your first cycle worked and your finances. It seems on both your cycles you got one embryo. It doesn't necessarily mean that on a short protocol yuo will get more than one embryo to transfer (you may have more follicles but in the end not necessarily more embryos), you just need to be aware of that. What stims did you take on the nat. modified cycle?

If you did want to move on, in regards to the donor anonymity, did you want it to be anonymous or not? In many European countries it is totally anonymous, in the UK I believe is not so the child will be able to find out when they are 18 years old - so you could just choose the relevant clinic that suits you best. Also if going for double donors you may want to consider embryo adoption which is much cheaper (bearing ind mind for number 2 there may not be a genetic sibling available).

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 20/04/19, 10:22 »
    thanks, Kat. we looked into renting but the current level of rent is the same as mortgage payments. we were super lucky as our rent did not increase in 10 years which is almost twice below the current levels. we have not even got to the stress of the actual moving yet, cant even begin to think about that...

anyway, had a rather disappointing scan. I started off with about 10-12 follicles before AF but now it looks like there is just one promising follicle :(  there is also a huge 3cm cyst so looks like estrogen priming and elonva did not work that well (or maybe it's down to the stress). my estrogen levels are much higher than on previous elonva cycles so all my planning is out of the window as i am likely to ovulate earlier than before. 

btw i bought elonva in brno this time and the price difference is staggering! 300 euro in Brno vs 700 in Munch! it's truly shocking.

apologies for lack of personals ladies, I am still trying to catch up with your updates but i am hopelessly behind.

Offline Hopeful_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 22/04/19, 08:14 »
    MSJ - thanks for that info. I have joined the forum. I do have endo on my bowel but my surgeon said they wouldnít touch that yet as Iíd likely have to have a bowel resection. I also have some form of module in my bowel (which is a little scary as my mum had bowel cancer) However, the surgeon  said for me to have babies first and then deal with that later. I guess he didnít realise that 3.5 years later weíd be no further forward on the baby front!

Briss Iím so sorry that youíre going through such an awful time, you so deserve a break.

Hi Katkat! So I had 4.5 days of progesterone too - EC being day 0, I started on the morning of day 1 and had a transfer on the afternoon of day 5. Iím not sure why clinics do it differently. Mine doesnít do any progesterone blood tests or anything either. I donít get lining checked on day of transfer (and itís a blind transfer) so not sure. It looked good on day of collection though.

So I had 2 v early blasts transferred in the end, on the advice of the embryologists. They couldnít be properly graded as hadnít developed enough but one was good-ish quality and the other not so good. We didnít get anything else. Negative test this morning 14 days after EC so Iíd say thatís pretty conclusive. We really wanted to get a couple more to bank but it hasnít worked out unfortunately and feels like a massive waste of £7k. I think I was probably over-suppressed this time. So I guess we move on to transferring what we have left and throwing everything at that.Then part of me wonders if we should try somewhere like argc, just as a last ditch attempt at making a few more embryos. Or create if weíre only collecting such low numbers anyway. I donít know. Iíve never done a short protocol and wonder if that might be better...

Hope everyone is having a good Easter xx