* Author Topic: Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7  (Read 30359 times)

0 Members

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH/High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 7
« Reply #10 on: 13/03/19, 08:06 »
Kat, I've been taking this one for over a year and it seems ok - Nature's Plus, Beyond CoQ10, Ubiquinol, 200 mg, 60 Softgels  it's around 60-65 per bottle but I think it works out the same as jarrow  I've definitely seen cheaper options on Amazon but haven't tried them.

I would want to collect the egg on natural cycle. On natural modified I was given 150 menopur from day 6 when I was at create but it didn't give me any additional eggs/ follicles.  I think I mentioned this before but in my case I noticed lining gets thicker on stim cycles when I grow at least 3 good size follicles that produce much higher estrogen level than on natural cycles.

Can you continue banking embryos collected on natural cycles but only transfer when you lining gets to 7mm?

Re Africa, if you get a bfp I'd just try to invent a reason to skip the trip without telling work about pregnancy. Early stages such a fragile thing I feel it's easier when less people know.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 13/03/19, 09:28 »
    Hi everyone

Iím still reading along and wishing you all the luck.

Babyhopeful, wishing you all the luck with this cycle, keeping everything crossed for you.

Katkat, sorry you had to cancel again, and hope you manage to sort something with your Africa trip.

Briss, please donít be so hard on yourself, if you need to spend a month on the couch then theres no harm in that, youíve had a really tough time lately. A break sounds great though, I hope you are enjoying Lisbon.

Afm, so Iím 16 weeks now, but still suffering with the on/off heavy bleeds. I have had numerous private scans and the baby is still doing well and growing on target. My GP has been less than helpful and told me they canít help, wonít even scan me, until my next 20 week scan, so I have been in a state and feeling alone with this problem. Luckily I finally got to see a midwife yesterday who was concerned, I think in part due to my emotional state, and sent me straight over to triage and Iím now under consultant care, so in that respect I feel a little better. Iíve barely been leaving the house other than to go to work and definitely donít plan to tell anyone for a long time yet. But I just feel lucky that our little girl is still going strong and praying that she carries on.

Hello to everyone else xxx

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 13/03/19, 11:18 »
    I had to write to admin to find where you guys were 😂 good to be back xxx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 13/03/19, 13:16 »
    Oh sunshine, it must be so scary to be all on your own with this. You can always come here and write down your worries any time if that helps. I am glad that someone finally took charge though. Did nobody find a hematoma or anything which seems to be so common with with bleeding in pregnancy? Big hug to you and I really hope this bleeding stops soon.

Hello Helen :) I thought something was wrong with my phone when I couldn't post a few days ago.

Briss, thanks so much for your suggestion on ubiquinol. It is so expensive! I could continue banking and once lining looks good then transfer. But it literally only happens every 6th cycle or so that the lining looks fairly decent and with decent I mean like 7mm :/ I don't know if I can take this anymore, it is so exhausting. I am half decided now to give this one more try for April, as I then can't do anything in May/Jun. I really should cross that bridge when I get there with Africa, but it is stressing me out I must admit. Additionally I already booked Easter in Munich, as luck with have it I am sure all is delayed so that transfer will fall over Easter too! Also, if transfer is say a week before, is it ok to fly return (to Munich) a few days later with an embryo on board? Just emailed the clinic if they are even open then. How are you and what's happening on the job front. Are you taking some more time out, or will you start looking for a new role?

AFM, for some reason my clinic seems to think I should try a natural cycle without any stims at all again!  When I asked about stims at the end for lining issues, they just just replied saying: Menopur has ďLH activityĒ. This LH activity supports mainly oocyte maturation and only partly could support endometrium thickness. Its main ďFSH acitivityĒ supports follicle size development. So  Menopur added before ovulation could cause too fast a follicular development and interact with the normal processes. And when I then asked about how about adding in Gonal F instead, I was told that Gonal F has absolutely no direct effect on the endometrium. And now? Ugh!
    Could I not take cetrotide to stop early ovulation, and then in a way I would need to add Menopur to assist with follicle maturation (as cetrotide is not so good for LH and estrogen and lining I think) and then wait a couple more days to get the lining thicker? Is that not how it works? Cause I am sure each time I take cetrotide then the follicle development slows down.

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 14/03/19, 08:50 »
    Hi all, just a quick one from me. I hope to do personals later today. I had a scan yesterday after 5 days of stimming and things are not looking very good :( I have 3 follicles on my right at 9, 6 and 6 and 2 on my left at 7 and 6. These are super small and Iím worried Iím going to have to cancel. Iím on 30ml of suprecur and 300iui if Bemfola. As from yesterday evening Iíve added in 75iui of Meriofert/Merinol. I have another scan booked for tomorrow evening, but Iím worried that my body is just not responding. Has anyone gone on to EC after slow growing follicles? Do you think the follicles are likely to pick up? On the plus side my lining is still thin, so the clinic thinks I may be able to stim for longer, but I just donít know if this is the solution.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 14/03/19, 09:32 »
    Hey babyhopeful, I think your first scan was too early. I usually do my first one around cd8 or cd9 after at least 7 days of stimming (but then again my follicles always start off small and then speed up after days 10/11). I also felt that on a long protocol (is that what you're  doing ?) mine took forever to even get started so I had to stim for quite a long time till they reached a decent size. And yes I did go to EC. If you're on a short protocol then I think you've started the antagonist too soon, but seeing it is suprecur I assume it is a long protocol?

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 14/03/19, 10:16 »
    babyhopeful, I agree with Kat. Combined with thinner lining this sounds like the follicles are still in their early stages of growth. Also the closer they get to trigger the quicker they start growing. It all sounds totally normal to me. Best of luck!

Kat, re ubiquinol I can't agree more so expensive and so hard to decide which one to buy. I was taking jarrow when I got pregnant with my daughter so I trust it's doing something good. I'm currently trying a new one Pharma Nord Bio-Active Q10 Ubiquinol in combination with the one I sent you before but it's more expensive and turned out to be coq10 rather than ubiquinol so you need more of it to achieve the same result.

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 14/03/19, 10:21 »
    HI Katkat, thank you for the reply. Iím on a short protocol, but agonist I think. So I have the suprecur (the down reg drug) added the same time as the stim drug. This time Iím on a reduced dose of stim to try and get the follicles to grow more evenly. I think the stim is not enough to counter act the suppressant, so the stim meds have now been increased. Thatís good to hear that your follicles did start to take off a bit later. The nurse seemed to think the scan was too early to. How is your lining looking, have you decided whether youíre going to go ahead or not this month? x

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 14/03/19, 10:53 »
    Thank you Briss for the information. Iím keeping my fingers crossed that it is just too early at the moment to see much growth. Iím also sending you lots of hugs as I know youíre going through a tough time xx

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 14/03/19, 10:56 »
    Kat, it's a nightmare to plan travelling while TTC.  I found it so stressful that we limited travel as far as possible. I agreed to this trip cos I knew I was skipping the mc cycle but we planned it so we return before my next ovulation . Obviously cos we were booking everything not in advance we ended up paying extra (as always)  so I definitely need to get a job. I'm applying to large banks and they have very long 2-3 stage interview process it usually takes 3-6 months. I had my first interview in January and I have just been told I have been moved to the second round - took 2 months. Competition is pretty high so no guarantee I get it even after all this time. I also find I tend to lose confidence in myself very quickly without a job. It's only been 1.5 month and I already feel like I'm a fraud even for applying to these banks . Having beed made redundant twice in my life doesn't help.

If I'm honest in your case I'd look into implantation while banking embryos.  I can't help but think there must be a reason behind thin lining. I do regret transferring embryos while BF I'm pretty sure there were some good ones that we wasted because they couldn't implant. (Obviously speaking in hindsight) I feel implantation is a very complex process and not properly understood but I think its responsible for a lot of failed cycles and harder to address than egg quality. With egg quality it's just a numbers game so sooner or later you will get one that sticks whereas with implantation unless you address it and correct the issue it continues. I'd probably talk to Klik's docs to see if they can take a look at your lining? When I thought this cycle was a bfn I counted that we had 6 good looking eggs transferred with no implantation which I don't believe is all to do with egg quality so I reluctantly started considering hysto. I don't think immunes or blood clotting is an issue here. It's more complex something to do with composition of the endometrium.  I had a bad experience with my previous lap and hysto so I was thinking this time around to invest in a good doc cos it can potentially do more harm than good.