* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 45409 times)

0 Members

Offline Maggiephatcat

• Volunteer
  • It's a long road, but it's worth it ❤️
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« on: 5/03/19, 10:11 »
New home ladies  ^fairydust^

Happy chatting  ^gossip^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline morganna

• Gold Member
    • NEVER GIVE UP HOPE. LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT.
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 6/03/19, 16:27 »
    Here's Hoping this thread will inspire and encourage women over 50 to go for thier dream of having a baby!!

It's the most wonderful thing that I have ever experienced.

My little girl is now 4, and such a delight (I gave birth Age 57).

She truly makes life worth living.

Good luck ladies and never give up on your dream.

Morganna xx

Offline Albatross

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 7/03/19, 00:09 »
    Thanks for your replies to my questions.
    I've been to my dr about getting the hrt. (Oestrogen patch and progesterone) but they seem completely confused about the situation due to the fertility treatment as well and have gone off to ask a gyny.
    I'm not sure whether I should start it or not, but the clinic in Greece said it would keep the uterus in shape.
    I will have a look at CARE. I was thinking of going abroad again because of more availability of egg donors.

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 7/03/19, 00:44 »
    Iím in the combined pill for the exact same reasons albatross, to keep my uterus in shape and working  :)

Offline Albatross

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 7/03/19, 08:53 »
    Thanks Stacey
    What do you take exactly and did you start straight after the ivf? Do you then have to waiti for a bleed before starting ivf again?

Offline MrsDee

• No fate but that which we make for ourselves
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 7/03/19, 09:34 »
    Albatross, if it's Greece, you probably have cyclo-progynova. It has the oestrogen pills(white color) and the brown pills (progesterone). You start with the white pills which are I believe 10 - for ten days, then take each of the brown pills for the next 11 days. Then you stop and after 3 -4 days, you get a bleed. Your clinic would have told you when to start the ivf treatment....either from day 2, day 3 or day 4 of your bleed. ..or indeed whether you are going to do another cycle of cyclo-progynova.

Offline Channa

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 7/03/19, 19:49 »
    Goodevening ladies, a question: I was on Progynova (a start of a new cycle), but after 12 days the endometrium desintegrated.
    The clinic advised me to complete Progynova for 21 days and stop. I don't have to add Utrogestan.
    Is this right, and is this the best decision before a new start, or should I have add a Progesterone?

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 7/03/19, 20:39 »
    Channa if it were me I would add progesterone, not sure it will make any difference and youíll get a bleed but I wouldnít like to do unopposed estrogen, I would start the progesterone now as itís about when you would in a natural cycle, I would want to mimick a natural cycle as best I could. Sorry you had this happen.

Offline MrsDee

• No fate but that which we make for ourselves
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 8/03/19, 08:17 »
    Definitely should add progesterone.

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 9/03/19, 22:59 »
    Hi Morganna
    Great to see you posting again Morganna and I'm so happy that you are enjoying your little girl.
    I remember you posting with updates about your cycle when I was cycling with my first baby. You were an inspiration to me, confirmation that us older ladies can be mums!