* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 32019 times)

0 Members

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
  • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #100 on: 21/06/19, 00:32 »
Thanks besidethesea. Would be great to be cycle buddies - it would coincide very well. Like you, I've been taking contraceptive pill to regulate cycles - as they've been very erratic since breast feeding and also being peri menopausal. It was amazing - had a regular cycle last month. On the second month of this, so fingers crossed. I have one more month of taking the pill, as my clinic wanted me to have 3 cycles before doing the FET, so all being well, the FET would take place mid August! So we could be going through it at a similar time!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Channa

modify
    « Reply #101 on: 24/06/19, 08:34 »
    Goodmorning ladies,
    Another question: when thinking about embryo-adoption (fresh or frozen) it is about young donors isn't it?
    What do you ladies think, does it make sense to ask for PGD? We would not want to know about boy or girl. The price is a lot higher, what do you think is it worth reducing the risks? With young donors the risks are not very high and only a few genetic "faults" are detected.
    Does anyone has an opinion about this subject?

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 24/06/19, 09:27 »
    Iím of mixed thoughts on it as Iíve read that unless the lab is absolutely spot on it can damage the embryos, maybe thatís why so many genetically ďnormalĒ embryos donít implant because they have been damaged during the testing process, especially if itís done on day 3. In saying all of that Iíve seen ladies test embryos from donors and sometimes 50% +  of them have come back abnormal 🤷‍♀️

Offline Channa

modify
    « Reply #103 on: 24/06/19, 20:37 »
    Oke Stacey, thank you for your answer.
    We tend not to ask for PGD, partly because of financial reasons, partly because I'm not sure there is enough experience and follow-up in PGD.
    In frozen embryo's there is still less experience and follow-up.

You ladies noticed that freezing embryo's that are not transferred at Dogus is not encouraged.
    What about frozen embryo-donation?  This treatment is offered by Dogus, but is it encouraged? Or do they urgently advise to do fresh treatment? How about the results when comparing fresh with frozen donation in ladies of advanced age?
    Anyone?

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #104 on: 24/06/19, 21:34 »
    Apparently their frozen embryo side of things is a really popular option because of the cost, maybe thatís why they donít encourage the freezing of the fresh cycle because they donít have much room, every time I have been offered a different combination of embryos so theyíre either turning them over quickly or they have a lot frozen. Itís definitely a great option, and I think the success rates are comparable with fresh nowadays.
    I canít understand why they discourage the freezing of left over embryos, most clinics even encourage the freezing of one, theyíre saying that theyíve transferred the best but we all know itís not necessarily the best looking one that make a baby, maybe they also think cost wise, as their freezing costs are high, itís better monetary wise to do another fresh cycle 🤷‍♀️ Still, if you have 3-4 left over, itís Ä1500 +Ä1000 I think for freezing and transfer, so that still works out cheaper than another fresh cycle.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 25/06/19, 08:57 »
    I was under the impression the slow freeze technology was still being used at Dogus and wasn't so successful but that was 2014.  I was due to freeze 4 but they told me after looking at them again it wasn't worth it as they were not good enough.  I could have wasted Ä1000 and I'd have been none the wiser, so I was pleased they were honest with me.
    TCCx

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #106 on: 25/06/19, 10:02 »
    Pretty sure that was when TM was working out of dogus and doing all the english patients, one would have thought/hoped that they have moved onto vitrification by now  :o

Offline Channa

modify
    « Reply #107 on: 30/06/19, 09:27 »
    Morning Ladies,
    Anyone heard of PRP as a method to prepare endometrium before transfer in ladies of advanced age, or in ladies where it seems difficult to have andometrium which is thick enough?
    It is offered by Dogus, to make endometrium more stabile before transfer.
    I have searched in literature, and PRP is used in several parts of medicine (orthopedics, cosmetic surgery etc); as part of preperation for transfer it is a new technique. Several ladies on FF have used this technique, but I'm not sure about the results. Side-effects?

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 30/06/19, 09:52 »
    A couple of ladies on an  aussie thread im on who have had lining troubles have used it, with success. Maybe worth a try.also dogus apparently  use vitrification, so thats good to know.

Offline rubyring

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 22/07/19, 19:48 »
    Apologies, this is all about meÖ. :'(
    Well, Iíve just completed my 6th DE cycle. The transfer was end of May, I got a BFP. Bloods were good, then slow to double, then good. The first scan at 6+5 was inconclusive. The next scan at 8+1 showed the embryo very small and no heartbeat. I had 2 more scans in the 2 weeks after which showed the embryo only 5mm and no heartbeat. I had the ERPC last week. Feeling heartbroken. This was my 4th MC, and 3rd cycle with full immune support. Iím nearly at the end of the road. I cannot bear to think I will never succeed after all this time, money and pain - physical and emotional. Iím going to start a thread in the immunes section to see if anyone has any suggestions.