* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 45036 times)

0 Members

Offline Channa

modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #150 on: 17/11/19, 09:15 »
Goodmorning ladies, does anyone of you know:
Can a scratch be performed when no endometrium is available?

I am postmenopausal, and the dr told me to stop all medication (Progynova and Progesterone) 3 weeks before the scratch will be performed.
In the past I had a scratch in the cycle before the one of the treatment, and it was performed on day 21 in a cycle with Progynova and Progesterone. I have asked again because I was not sure I did understand well, and they gave me same medicationsceme.

After medication is stopped, there will be a bleeding, so no endometrium during the moment of scratch, or am I wrong?
Can anyone advise me please?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 17/11/19, 10:01 »
    Channa Ive only done it the day 21 day, i take bcp and have it done while on them, never heard of it done the other way.

Offline Keshet

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 21/11/19, 18:42 »
    Channa, you have a Message :-)

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 22/11/19, 22:38 »
    Hi
    Can anyone recommend a European clinic for women in early 50's? I turn 50 in January, have had 2 ivf DE cycles but both sadly ended in CP. Running out of money now so need to try Europe and within about 5k euros. Currently looking at Miracle Ivf in North Cyprus but keen to hear of any personal recommendations from ladies as old as myself for any European clinic. Thanks 🙂

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 24/11/19, 18:15 »
    tanda - I am sorry about your failed attempts. I have no personal experiences with IVF clinics in Czech rep, but from I have come across ladies are happy with them. I am sure in this thread ladies will recommend IVF clinics they have success with. If you are considering Poland, I would recommend my clinic. particulalry prof. Lukashuk. Unfortunately, I do not know their stats for women 50+. But if you mail them, I think you will get answers to all your questions. Good luck with your search and treatment x

Offline FranWillow

• Un-Ranked
    • Trying for a DE sibling for DD born 2017...
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 25/11/19, 14:47 »
    Hi Channa,

I find the instruction from your clinic really odd, to be honest. Have they given any reason for this? I'm postmenopausal myself and I've been told that I it's crucial that I stay on HRT and have monthly bleeds in the cycles leading up to a transfer. It's important that you keep your uterus intact and that the lining is shed regularly.  I've had a scratch done late in the cycle - and as you're on HRT you can just delay the progesterone to you want to have a later bleed. I would have a scratch approximately around the time you start taking progesterone. This will mimic a natural cycle and would be roughly day 21. Best of luck!

Offline Vicbaby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 7/12/19, 10:40 »
    Hello
    I would just like to say I am expecting twins after treatment at Miracle IVF with Dr F and Iím 54 .
    I have a 2 year old daughter from an earlier transfer with her . I found the clinic to be great, and communication good.
    However every story is different . It doesnít work every time .. I have had 3 failed transfers at other clinics . It is a difficult journey . Good luck to all the women over 50. It is possible !

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 8/12/19, 20:44 »
    Vicbaby - amazing and inspiring news. congrats!

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #158 on: 10/12/19, 07:32 »
    tanda - I am sorry about your failed attempts. I have no personal experiences with IVF clinics in Czech rep, but from I have come across ladies are happy with them. I am sure in this thread ladies will recommend IVF clinics they have success with. If you are considering Poland, I would recommend my clinic. particulalry prof. Lukashuk. Unfortunately, I do not know their stats for women 50+. But if you mail them, I think you will get answers to all your questions. Good luck with your search and treatment x

thank you Miamiamo, and for your kind words. I had a reply from one Polish clinic who said their age limit as 48 so I thought that would apply to them all, however looking at your clinic it looks like they don't have an age limit! I will message them although their website doesnt look like its working at the mo..   thanks for your help xx

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #159 on: 10/12/19, 07:35 »
    Hello
    I would just like to say I am expecting twins after treatment at Miracle IVF with Dr F and Iím 54 .
    I have a 2 year old daughter from an earlier transfer with her . I found the clinic to be great, and communication good.
    However every story is different . It doesnít work every time .. I have had 3 failed transfers at other clinics . It is a difficult journey . Good luck to all the women over 50. It is possible !

Congratulations! that's amazing, did you transfer two embryos? Just interested as not sure what I will do. I am looking at Miracle IVF with Dr F but just getting some other quotes as well. I'm inspired by your story. xx