* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 45743 times)

0 Members

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
  • Please blow me some bubbles for luck!!!
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #170 on: 12/02/20, 19:38 »
Hello All

I have not been on for quite a while but have been talking with Repromedica.  Finally after a disastorous Xmas and New Year I completed my application form and sent it over. Left it a while and chase over the weekend, lovely guy called Jan cam back to me saying that Giselle would come back to me on Mon. I didnt hear so let him know, he said she was away Mon and then seeing physician Tues so should come back to me then after discussing my form that day.  Still not heard.  I don't want to appear a pain in the neck chasing them again, how long would you leave it. I have put on the form I'd like to try July/August but would have to go on special meds first as gone through the Menopause.

I also need to get my embryos transferred from Reprofit to them and sort meds out, not sure how long this would all take, but guess I can save more money in the meantime! Has anybody on here gone gone through the Menopause and had treatment please and if so how long did it take and what did you have to do/take please?

Thanks Olga xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #171 on: 12/02/20, 21:48 »
    Thanks Tincancat, I've had a couple of DE FET  last year but I was on Buserelin injections for the first 15 days or so and then the progesterone so this is quite different, I was expecting a similar protocol. Be nice not to do injections again though!

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #172 on: 12/02/20, 23:40 »
    Olgakorbut Iím going through treatment with repromedica at the moment, they have been really busy so thatís probably why Giselle hasnít got back to you yet. If you donít hear back from her by the end of the week fire them off a brand new email and in the subject line put Att manager Giselle etc, it shouldnít take too long to transfer your embryos, I had a friend do it from zlin and everything went quickly and smoothly.
    Nothing special regarding menopause, I just went on the pill beforehand to get my uterus working again and then back onto the meds for the cycle, I am on a bit more estrogen than when I was having regular periods, and Iíve also opted to take a bit more progesterone, the same amount as the clinic in zlin, repromedica donít have you on enough imo, but other than that, once your in the system, everything goes smoothly, sounds like your nearly fully in there 🙂

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #173 on: 13/02/20, 07:22 »
     :)  Thanks Stacey10 for getting back to me, really kind of you!!  That info is great thanks I will wait until the end of the week as no rush just nice to know you are in the process.  I did ask some questions as well as send the form back and if she has only just seen the pysician she probably has a few to reply too!  Jan sound really nice!

Nice to hear you are going through the process now, my old clinic has said they will provide meds - but I have asked Repromedica if they would prefer to do this, its just Reprofit no my issues with high killer cells which is why I have never kept a baby and lost them even after heart beats so they were going to up my meds and see what else they could do. But I have said I would send a copy of the report form the london consultant about me if they want one!

Let me know how you are getting on, will be funny having a fake period if that is what you get! lol  Good luck and I will let you know how I go and when I hear, thanks so much again Olga xx

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #174 on: 13/02/20, 07:54 »
    Yes I think if you can get a protocol from reprofit and use that it would be best, repromedicaís protocol is very standard, just estrogen and progesterone, no low dose aspirin, prednislone, clexane or anything like that, so I have added in what I need and a higher dose of progesterone as I mentioned before. They also transfer the embryos on day 5 of progesterone whereas I have transfer on the 6 th day of progesterone so I just started a day earlier.

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #175 on: 15/02/20, 00:14 »
    Hi ladies,

I went to Crown IVF in Famagusta in mid-January for an FET with donor egg/sperm. The trip went smoothly and the clinic within the hospital was immaculate - super clean and modern. Currently 5 weeks pregnant and crossing fingers/toes/eyes/legs that this little one sticks around. Scan end of next week. Very excited/nervous/surreal!!!

Anyone looking for information about Crown, please do ask as I couldn't find much on line. X

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #176 on: 15/02/20, 07:24 »
    Congratulations Latebloom! Keeping fingers crossed for you. How many embryos did they transfer for you?

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #177 on: 15/02/20, 10:50 »
    Thanks again Stacey10 much appreciated. Still not heard so will email on Monday don't want to push it too much as not going until summer if I can that is - they may decide no but hope not. Would be nice to get the ball rolling. I have used the FAO Giselle bit before but always seem to get a response form Jan Jerga is it? xx

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #178 on: 15/02/20, 11:34 »
    Hi Tanda, they transferred 2 blastos (4AA & 3BB) because of my previous 7 failed implantations, several of which were 2 embies but none of them stuck. HcG is healthy at 981 and 1618, so fingers crossed it's just a strong little one, not twins!!! All a bit surreal still x

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #179 on: 15/02/20, 12:20 »
    Oh wow those are good numbers Latebloom!! I will probably ask for two (max) as well, UK clinic refused to transfer more than one at a time. Good luck on your first scan, hope all goes well 😁 x