* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 45404 times)

0 Members

Offline thereismore

• Living in the moment
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #180 on: 18/02/20, 17:50 »
Hey ladies, I'm so glad I found this thread!  I was starting to feel isolated as clinic after clinic turned me down due to my age.
I'm looking for suggestions of clinics that would treat women at 50 - preferably in Spain.  Reading through the thread I've seen some names and have contacted those clinics.  We're looking to adopt an embryo from a couple who have completed their family.
We adopted last year and BFP, but m/c at 16 weeks - on my 50th b'day - it was a horrible shock as all scans went so well.
Anyway, looking forward to walking some of this journey with you all

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #181 on: 20/02/20, 15:50 »
    I am really sorry to know your story and wish you all the best with your further steps xx

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #182 on: 20/02/20, 17:33 »
    thereismore, welcome to the thread, sorry to read about your miscarriage, hopefully you will get some support here, itís a bit slow atm. Egg donation friends has a clinic in Spain that treats to 52 the last time I looked.
    Olgakorbut Jan is the manager of the clinic, so if she has answered your email, then Iím sure Giselle wonít be far off from contacting you  :)

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #183 on: 20/02/20, 22:16 »
    Hi @thereismore, I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant at the age of 52 after 9 rounds of fertility treatment. I've tried the Lister in London, Barcelona (Institut Marquez) and finally got pregnant with Crown IVF in Cyprus. I had a miscarriage on round 2 at 3 months, just when I was about to tell family and friends. I really feel for you miscarrying on your 50th birthday...that's harsh indeed. After years of using my own eggs, and then donated embryos, I eventually decided to do double donation (eggs & sperm) for the best chance at success. Worked first time!! If you've already decided to go for embryo donation, make sure the donating couple are as young as possible as that will increase your chances hugely. I chose a 28-year-old egg donor as her age gave me the best percentage of success. If you'd like any info, do let me know.

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #184 on: 20/02/20, 22:16 »
    Thereismore, Im so sorry for your loss, especially on your birthday  :(

Welcome to the thread and good luck searching for the right clinic for you. My original preference was Spain due to it being bigger and closer to the UK than say Cyprus, but I struggled to find a clinic with good prices (broke now!) and who would accept my age. I will be interested to hear what you find. Good luck with your search!  :)

Offline thereismore

• Living in the moment
    modify
    « Reply #185 on: 21/02/20, 09:09 »
    So good to hear from you ladies.
    @Stacey10 thanks for the info, I'll have a look
    @LateBloom  congratulations on your pregnancy! When is your scan booked for? I'm waiting to hear back from Crown. I contacted them based on your recommendation
    tanda & miamiamo thanks for the welcome.
    I've heard back from Ceram who are prepared to treat me, provided it's soon due to my age
    Miracle with Dr F have 3 embryos available,  I've asked whether it's from a double donation or the couple's own egg & sperm
    Dogus have also come back to me and can help.
    My last clinic was amazing and even now is maintaining good contact. They only treat up to 49 but will consider treating me once more after all the results from post mortem on our little boy is back.
    The only reason I'm hesitant is if this journey lasts beyond this year I'd like to be able to build relationship with a clinic, but I've also seen many achieve success once they change clinics
    Oh decisions, decisions!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #186 on: 21/02/20, 21:03 »
    Hi @thereismore, my scan was today - 6 weeks 2 days. Little heartbeat thumping away!! Very exciting but also nerve wracking as I've a long way to go before I'm in the safe zone. My last miscarriage was at 3 months so it's hard no to worry...but I'm very hopeful as my embryo has come from young healthy donors. Jay is the English co-ordinator at Crown and she is just lovely - endlessly patient, answering all my frantic hormone-driven queries!! My experience there was super calm and stress-free. Good luck with your plans!!

Offline millie13

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #187 on: 22/02/20, 09:33 »
    Hi ladies

Ive just cime back from Bratislava after having the tests required at Repromedica and so far all is good, giselle the co-ordinator is fantastic and to quote her she likes to treat patients like family. The doctor who did the ultrasound and smear test was so professional yet lovely and its the easiest smear i have ever had, and the nurse who took bloods was also great.

Im having embryo adoption and it is 2000 euros for 1 and 2500 for 2. Going in April for transfer.

Xx

Offline thereismore

• Living in the moment
    modify
    « Reply #188 on: 22/02/20, 09:45 »
    @LateBloom that's wonderful! Isn't that little thump just the most glorious sound?!
    @millie13 great to hear your experience. Fab to have another embryo adopter on here.
    I'm still gathering info, can't really do anything until we have the pm results back but I believe I'll be seeing Prof Quenby for that. Hopefully she'll also be prepared to help me out with some of those tests and support in the follow up after next embryo transfer

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #189 on: 23/02/20, 13:49 »
    @millie13 -awesom news, I am happy you are satisfied with Repromedica and have positive experience with them. For IVF success it's very important to trust your docs and know every procedure is performed professionally. Good luck with your further treatment x