* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 45401 times)

0 Members

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
  • Please blow me some bubbles for luck!!!
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #190 on: 23/02/20, 14:53 »
Finally got email from Giselle at REpromedica - the emails from their usual account for some reason dont come to mine so they resent from direct emails and its fine!  I have to sort lots of stuff out like transferring my embryos from Reprofit, sorting treament plan from them to go to Giselle too. Then need to try to get copies of last smear and mammogram as if they are clear I dont keep the letters - hoping GP will have or have a number I can ring for both got one number for latter I can try ringing tomorrow.

Then there is an ultrasound of my womb - I've had loads over last few years but not necessarily directly for my womb and need a blood test also for hormone levels - not sure if my GP will refer me for these or I will need to go private - has anybody on here had these and if so did your GP sort no problem or did you have to go private?

So lots to sort but time as not planning to go until end June/early july if this works out that is with treatment etc may have to be later no idea.  But at least things are moving now. So I've just mailed Reporfit about stuff and saw an answer before I came on here but not read it yet, hope it is not bad news and they wont do or cost is stupid!

Gosh seems ages since I went through all this forgot how much there is to sort out! I also have to sort meds as Reprofit said they were happy to sort a while back but may have changed their minds and Repromedica may want to do them?

Millie13 good to hear good feedback from Repromedica as well as STacey10's before - you say you had your scan and blood test etc there - however you have gone for these and then you have to go back for tx? Is that rights as I dont want to go more than once due to pennies! Just wondered?

Latebloom congrats on you pg, really pleased for you and hello to everyone else on this board starting on their journey or part way through etc! xx

xxxx

Any info on scans and blood test gratefully received xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline thereismore

• Living in the moment
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 24/02/20, 16:17 »
    @olgakorbut I'm glad communication is finally sorted out and that thinks are progressing
    @Stacey10 where are you at right now? Are you back with Repromedica?
    I've sent enquiries out to the clinics in Bratislava based on the info in this thread, certainly seems much easier to get to from here than Cyprus.
    Miracle have been great with communication and they don't require a huge amount of tests either, but they're pretty expensive though
    @LateBloom how are you doing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #192 on: 24/02/20, 17:39 »
    Thereismore id probably just stick wi5h repromedica if you go to Bratislava, theyíre the only clinic that doesnít have an age cut off and they donít require too many tests either. Iím back home now, Iíve just had another cancelled cycle due to fluid, one last May with dogus, and now this one with repromedica, the dr had a look around while doing the u/s and found I have a fluid filled tube, only dr that bothered to try and find a reason, Iím pretty annoyed with the drís here also because they were aware of my first cancelled cycle and did nothing, I have wasted $$ on flights and accomodation, not to mention the months of waiting to cycle again, while trying to save, not sure when I can get back over now, as I have to have the tube out and pay for that, then try and get back over, we managed to get four frosties though, which Iím very happy about.

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
    • Please blow me some bubbles for luck!!!
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 24/02/20, 18:13 »
    Gosh Stacey10 you have really been through it and I would be annoyed at Drs too - I wish peeps realised how much it costs to keep trying in the hope one day we will be mummies!   

How are you latebloom?

Just so you all know I am still progressing with Repromedica, but when I contacted Stepen at Reprofit about the embyros being transferred and supplying my treatment plan to them, he also informed me that they now have a partnership and link to another clinic in Bratislava who they work with a lot now and send people to when they are over 50, he even said to tell them he was my Dr, which he was when I went to them and have to say cannot fault the way he looked after me during my time with them and since, he was totally amazing and so I really do trust him when he recommended this clinic and as they work with them it is easier, and hopefully may not cost as much, to transfer my embryos.  So to be safe I have also contacted them this evening iscare bratislava, they also have anther clinic in Slovakia called Martin - not sure on age range there. 

I just thought it was worth me also contacting one recommended by Reprofit and I fully trust Stepan, so see what happens if they can help, cost etc etc  I will keep you posted if anybody is interested?

Olga xx

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #194 on: 24/02/20, 18:35 »
    Iscare have an age limit cut off of 52, Millie has also been there for a transfer and didnít like the clinic at all, so keep your options open.

Offline thereismore

• Living in the moment
    modify
    « Reply #195 on: 24/02/20, 18:58 »
    Stacey10 great news about your 4 frosties, but such a disappointment to have transfer cancelled. Hopefully this dr can get get some answers to prevent this happening again. It's certainly a journey of great expense... not just financially
    I think you might be right about sticking with Repromedica. I just hope I chose the right email to contact them on, they have 4 on their website

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #196 on: 24/02/20, 19:37 »
    Thereismore, Iím going to have to have my tube taken out  ::)
    I use [email protected] and att it to Giselle Vrba

Offline thereismore

• Living in the moment
    modify
    « Reply #197 on: 24/02/20, 20:34 »
    @Stacey10 ok so I totally deserved the eye roll! Serves me right for not reading properly... still a rubbish outcome
    Thanks for info

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #198 on: 24/02/20, 20:52 »
    Oh no the eye roll wasnít for you lol 😂 just the fact that now I have to try and get this sorted hahaha

Offline thereismore

• Living in the moment
    modify
    « Reply #199 on: 25/02/20, 16:39 »
    So now it's between Dogus and Repromedica.
    Andri at Dogus has been very proactive (perhaps bordering on pushy?), but I really like their protocol. A lot more comprehensive than my last protocol.
    Repromedica has quoted a different price to their website and require a mammogram, which I really don't want to do as I don't believe they're safe or accurate.
    Travel costs to Slovakia are much lower than Cyprus from the UK.
    From what I've seen, they both have good reputations.
    I'm stuck on this decision, but a decision I must make