* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 38265 times)

0 Members

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #20 on: 15/03/19, 18:26 »
Best of luck Betty. X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 17/03/19, 13:40 »
    betty21 - keep my fingers crossed. Good luck xx

Offline Beside_the_seaside

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 19/03/19, 14:37 »
    Betty21 good luck!

Many thanks for the advice Stacey10 and DeblovescatsDeb - would all CARE clinics treat above 50 do you know?  Or just a particular one - and if so which?  Sorry for all the questions.

Offline muffin2

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 19/03/19, 22:32 »
    good luck Betty!!!!

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 20/03/19, 15:44 »
    Beside the seaside - yes, I understand it's a national policy for CARE, up to 53.
    Good luck for transfer betty
    Millie - I think all clinics offer embryo adoption, but I think it depends on whether there are any to offer. I did double donation with an egg sharer.
    Now for an update for me, girls  - I'd requested a prescription for either the pill or HRT from the clinic rather than going to GP as the one who was supportive as now left, and I didn't want to face another who maybe doesn't agree with my plans! Good news, the doctor I saw at CARE has done me a prescription for the pill and they won't me to take it for 3 months and then go to transfer after building up the lining. My plan is to start it in May as I'm going on holiday to Malta in April and thought it was better to avoid risk of potentially a DVT on the pill. That would mean I'd be ready to go for transfer in either July or August, so feeling excited about this now! I feel that I have a plan in place. It would also mean that if it works, my son will be nearly 6 by the time the baby would be born and my daughter 3 1/2 so both more independent! Fingers crossed everyone.

Offline irishjen

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 20/03/19, 19:59 »
    Dear Ladies,

I hope i am typing in the right place ,I was wondering if I could ask our advice.

Conceived naturally aged 44 but my baby girl was stillborn (edwards syndrome) totally devastated.
    Continued trying naturally and had 3 miscarriagies very early.
    eventually found parttners sperm extreme high DNA fragmentation and had looked at donor option.

Found donor embryos in uk clinic and had 2 transfers last year, june -negative result
    2 transfer oct chemical pregnancy.
    had scratch both times and steriods for high nk cells each time.

totally gutted as was confident and relaxed and my gut instinct had been to chose an uk cinic so I had nformation for chilren when turned 18.

My relationship has since failed as he said it was just too hard.can not believe I spent 12 years with someone for them to say this.
    Am heart broken and trying to get myself back on track.

How did you ladies chose your clinic abroad? I have been looking at spain and greece,
    what helped you decide where/which clinic was for you?
    what questions to ask.?

finances are a problem as I am now in debt.
    I am so far away from where I thought I would be at this time of my life.
    Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you in advance
    Jen  x

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 20/03/19, 23:44 »
    Jen - I'm so sorry for your losses, it's heartbreaking. I can't give any advice about going abroad as I decided to have treatment in the UK. I did go and check out Serum, but had misgivings as I felt pressured into having hysteroscopy, which I declined, and obviously wasn't needed as I have had two healthy pregnancies. I tried LWC  Darlington, had 2 BFNs and wasn't happy with follow up so went to CARE Sheffield. I have been very happy with the clinic and have two gorgeous children, and am in the process of having another cycle in the next few months.
    I think when deciding where to go, do as much research as you can, read reviews on the forum and ask any questions of the clinics. I wanted UK due to option of the children finding out about donors if they decide to do so, but I realise this isn't what everyone wants.
    As for finances, if you go abroad, you also need to factor in flights and accommodation. I believe treatment in Cyprus and Czech republic is cheaper, but I don't have personal experience of this, just comments I've read on the forum. Spain is apparently no cheaper than the UK. I think a lot of the time, we want to recommend clinics where we've had a good experience or have had success.
    I believe some clinics such as Greece and Spain have cut off of age 50. I think Cyprus will treat up to 55 or 56 and Ukraine and Bulgaria have no age limit. UK clinics such as CARE and LWC will treat up to 53. So it also depends on your age as to where you can have treatment.
    Good luck with your decision.

Offline irishjen

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 22/03/19, 19:09 »
    Dear Debloves cats,

thank you so much for replying to my message. i really appreciate all your advice and information about clincs and age.
    I feel like I have researched for years since 2014...an embarassingly amount of hrs  and that I have let this whole fertiity thing take over  my life in a way.
    my first choce was like you , a UK clinic,
    I lost count of the  clincs i rang to ask f there were any available embryos, it is very rare in the uk I found, very frustrating as well.
    I was very happy with my treatment and care but used all the available embryos at that clinic in my cycles.

I thought that last year I would get the result I wanted and all would be worth it.

you must be totally thrilled with your success.
    Do you mind me asking did you do embryo donation?

or did you chose your egg and sperm donors to get your embryos?
    do you think this was the secret to your success.
    all the very best for your next cycle.
    Jen x

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 24/03/19, 10:39 »
    irishjen - I am sorry you are going through this. Czech and Poland are cheaper, but it depends on what you need and/or are expecting. Poland does not treat singles, I do not know whether or not Czech clinics treat. Good luck

Offline irishjen

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 24/03/19, 16:52 »
    Dear miamiamo,
    Thank you so much for responding to my message.
    I wll look again at the coutries you have suggested.
    I feel like i have spent months researching this whole fertility thing and had hoped that I would have success last year.
    i find it hard to make decisions as i am afraid I will make the wrong one!
    When i felt confident and relaxed last year and it did not happen for me, it has knocked my confidence.
    Thanks again.
    x