* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 45747 times)

0 Members

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #200 on: 25/02/20, 21:37 »
Iíve been to both, although I really loved Andri, I have major concerns regarding dogus. Thatís why Iíve gone elsewhere. Repromedica has a very basic protocol so Iíve just ignored that and gone with the one that worked for me at my old clinic. The mammogram maybe new, I was there last week and there was no mention of that, but I have been in contact with them since August last year and I could have possibly scraped through before they implemented,  that I had to do that with my Czech clinic but told them I couldnít get it done because I had implants and they were fine with that, (there are ways around it 😂) I didnít need one for dogus but needed an ecg done, so each clinic has there own things, some of them you can work around, mammogram you should be able to as itís just the clinics preference, ecg in north Cyprus is law.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline millie13

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #201 on: 25/02/20, 21:53 »
    I had a transfer with Iscare last March and I wasnt convinced and didnt like them at all.

I originally went to Reprofit and got my daughter, and Repromedica feel so much like Reprofit did 5 years ago.  I was very relaxed , had a fantastic chat with Giselle before seeing the doctor, and the doctor was amazing, he took the time with the scan and found both ovaries which is amazing, Im looking forward to transfer.

As for the mammorgram, they did ask me for it, but because Ive had a routine one in dec 2018 they were happy with this.

xx

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #202 on: 26/02/20, 01:08 »
    Hi ladies, all good here so far - 7 weeks today and MASSIVE nausea has kicked in...🤮 I'm sending emails/chatting to clients while lying horizontal, clutching a bucket... Last time I was pregnant, I had to sneak out to the carpark to lie down in my car!!

Had a bleed with clots on Thursday which scared the life out of me but all still good. Long long way from the safe zone...

I had to have a mammogram for Crown, along with an ECG and up-to-date smear, plus letter from my GP saying I was medically fit, and send a copy of my passport for the local government to approve!! I hear that most clinics are requesting a mammogram for anyone over 50...probably because that's when most national screening programmes start?

Totally agree that Cyprus is trickier to get to than Eastern Europe. I worked backwards by searching what airlines fly out of Cyprus, and booked each leg individually. It worked out much cheaper than just trusting Skyscanner etc.

Back to my bucket...

Offline millie13

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #203 on: 26/02/20, 11:51 »
    Latebloom Congratulations, but ewwwww to the morning sickness, hope it eases, I was lucky with all my pregnancies, didnt get any at all lol

Im just booking flights and hope the bcp will play ball lol

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
    • Please blow me some bubbles for luck!!!
    modify
    « Reply #204 on: 26/02/20, 12:18 »
    Congrats Latebloom that;s great news, keep postive and moving forwards with bucket in hand if needed!

I've heard back from IsCare now lady sounds lovely Kinga and i have to fill in the form and get it back to her asap as she says it takes time to move the embyros from one clinic to another and paperwork which I knew there would be!  So am going to see what the form says later and complete it. I went to GP's today to take repeat prescription up so asked at the same time did they have a record of my smear as it was clear I chucked this as thought well dont need to worry and now I need it - they do and receptionist said they have to ask duty GP and would have an answer by 5pm so when I go for tablets Fri I'll pop in an ask if ok can i have it then. As for Mammography she couldn't find that but it was 2017 when had it but it was clear but have the number for them so going to ring to see if they can send me anything to say all clear and ok.  May as well as may need to Iscare also

I am not giving up on Repromedica - still need to sort Ultrasound - thing I am going to have to pay private for it - did anybody need this and did you have to pay or did your GP authorise for one to be done?? Also blood test, I had one before Xmas but not sure if that would check hormone levels at all- think it was a full all round one - maybe I need to ask GP's about this too???

So looking at both, went for Isocare as maybe cheapet to get embryos to it from Reprofit as Stepan, who I loved when I went there and all the staff really, amazing clinic - recommended them and said they are partners with them - so may make things easier, but reading what you have said Millie13 bit worried, but I do trust STepans word and need to try to save on cost as much as I can! It may also be easier for them to forward my treatment plan  and Stepan said easier for medication and protocol!

See what happens eh! Thanks all Olga (aka Kathy)

Offline teddy7

modify
    « Reply #205 on: 26/02/20, 12:34 »
    Olga as I think Stacey mentioned a few posts up,  Iscare will only treat  to 52, in fact my friend who was 52 at the time was turned down by them. X

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
    • Please blow me some bubbles for luck!!!
    modify
    « Reply #206 on: 26/02/20, 13:31 »
    Right Teddy 7 and apologies Stacey10 I should've re-read, well that answers my question so no chance there - I would've thought Stepan would tell me and they have also just emailed the form back in word format so Ican access it and asked if I definitely want to move forwards as by Slovak law you have to have a partner!

Is this the same at Repromedica does anybody know please as I have split with my hubby more than likely, so would not have a partner - will they be ok with this does anybody know?

I will go back to Iscare and say I have just found this out so cannot proceed and will get my things from GP's to go to Reromedica and sounds like it is much nicer too!

Thanks xx

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #207 on: 26/02/20, 19:57 »
    Yes unfortunately itís the law, same as the Czech Republic, do you have any male friends that will sign the papers? You can get them to sign at home, then you come over for the transfer, they donít have to be there. Otherwise your looking at going to Georgia or maybe Ukraine, I canít quite remember but during my traul through clinics to see who does over 50 I think I remember seeing a clinic with genetic material import/export cost but of course I canít remember. You could do north cyprus but not sure if they accept other embryos.

Offline thereismore

• Living in the moment
    modify
    « Reply #208 on: 27/02/20, 11:08 »
    Thanks for the feedback ladies, I've completed the questionnaire for Repromedica, so waiting to hear from them.
    @LateBloom oh the bitter- sweet of morning sickness. So excited to hear it's all good so far and that the scare you had was nothing to worry about.
    @olgakorbut hope you get your embryos sorted soon, thanks for keeping us updated

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #209 on: 27/02/20, 11:11 »
    Congrats Latebloom that;s great news, keep postive and moving forwards with bucket in hand if needed!

I've heard back from IsCare now lady sounds lovely Kinga and i have to fill in the form and get it back to her asap as she says it takes time to move the embyros from one clinic to another and paperwork which I knew there would be!  So am going to see what the form says later and complete it. I went to GP's today to take repeat prescription up so asked at the same time did they have a record of my smear as it was clear I chucked this as thought well dont need to worry and now I need it - they do and receptionist said they have to ask duty GP and would have an answer by 5pm so when I go for tablets Fri I'll pop in an ask if ok can i have it then. As for Mammography she couldn't find that but it was 2017 when had it but it was clear but have the number for them so going to ring to see if they can send me anything to say all clear and ok.  May as well as may need to Iscare also

I am not giving up on Repromedica - still need to sort Ultrasound - thing I am going to have to pay private for it - did anybody need this and did you have to pay or did your GP authorise for one to be done?? Also blood test, I had one before Xmas but not sure if that would check hormone levels at all- think it was a full all round one - maybe I need to ask GP's about this too???

So looking at both, went for Isocare as maybe cheapet to get embryos to it from Reprofit as Stepan, who I loved when I went there and all the staff really, amazing clinic - recommended them and said they are partners with them - so may make things easier, but reading what you have said Millie13 bit worried, but I do trust STepans word and need to try to save on cost as much as I can! It may also be easier for them to forward my treatment plan  and Stepan said easier for medication and protocol!

See what happens eh! Thanks all Olga (aka Kathy)

Hi Kathy
    Sorry to ask the obvious but wouldn't it be easier to start again either with embryo adoption or double donor like I did in Cyprus?
    Transport will surely inflate costs and if embryos were formed with your former husbands sperm you will need his consent to use them?
    TCCx