* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 37982 times)

0 Members

Offline tanda

modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #240 on: 2/04/20, 22:13 »
Thanks Latebloom! Sorry just realised I hadn't replied 😕. Yes very surreal, I keep forgetting as I dont feel anything other than twinges from the progesterone  just did a fingerprick blood test by post today (decided against going to GP surgery and risking virus) . Hopefully get results monday/Tuesday.
Hope your nausea is under control now, a friend we made in  Cyprus has recommended Gin Gins (ginger sweets) which she uses for nausea she gets from her meds (not pregnancy related).
Yes it's a bittersweet time knowing how many ladies are dealing with the blow of cancelled cycles, it was all I could think about after transfer and made me quite teary. Hugs to everyone ❤

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #241 on: 2/04/20, 22:16 »
    Sorry Latebloom, how did your scan go?! 🤞

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
    • Please blow me some bubbles for luck!!!
    modify
    « Reply #242 on: 2/04/20, 22:45 »
    Hi All lovely to read all the stories on this page and see updates. I am on hold as was in discussions with REpormedica and need to get the tests done, bloods, scan etc. but obviously with the Coronavirus going on its all on hold as I can hardly ring my GP and book an ultrasound though just had one but not for the womb on my kidneys, at this present moment in time!  I couldnt even go private I dont think as you are less than 2m's apart from each other - saying that I had the ultrasound last week in the NHS hospital so not sure.

Has anybody else had any tests and scans done ready to send over results to their clinic at all??  Or are you all on hold like the rest of the world
    Thanks xxx

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #243 on: 3/04/20, 13:50 »
    @tanda 12 week scan went very well thanks - all limbs waving about, nuchal fold good, internal organs visible. I got emotional for the first time as I hadn't allowed myself to believe this was really coming together after 10 years and 9 trips on this fertility merry-go-round... My egg donor is 28 years old but I did a Panorama test just to be sure and results come back next week. Consultant was lovely, very calm and kind when I admitted that I'll be nervous until the very last day of 39 weeks!! Trying hard to relax and have faith. Fingers, toes & eyes crossed for your blood result!!!

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #244 on: 3/04/20, 17:36 »
    Hi Olgakorbut I. Sorry your cycle is on hold ☹ I cant imagine that you would be able to get an elective scan done right now at  a hospital, as you say you wouldn't be 2m apart. I'm scared of having to go into any medical facility right now 😨.
    Hope you get some news soon from your clinic of when you might be able to return. 

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #245 on: 3/04/20, 17:40 »
    Hi Latebloom oh that's so lovely, great news! I cant imagine the feeling, like you I've never gone past a few weeks and never got as far as a scan so to get to see him/her moving about must be so special 🥰.  Great to hear all looks good. Hoping to hear results by monday although could be a delay with post etc. Thank you will keep you posted!

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #246 on: 3/04/20, 17:41 »
    P.s. Latebloom what's a Panorama test?? 😁

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #247 on: 4/04/20, 00:16 »
    @tanda Panorama is a blood test that helps to identify Downs Syndrome and other chromosomal conditions by analysing the baby's DNA that is present in the mother's blood from about 9 weeks onwards. It used to be an amniocentesis test (needle into the womb) but that carried a risk of miscarriage. This new blood test is 99% accurate according to the stats. If the results are high risk, then you can choose to have an amnio to confirm any concerns. If results are low risk, then all should be good. My egg donor is only 28 years old and so all should be good but I thought it was worth doing the test for piece of mind. One less thing to worry and stress about 😁

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #248 on: 4/04/20, 07:35 »
    @Latebloom ah yes I knew there was a new blood test option now but no idea what it was called. Trouble is, I know everything about TTC but NOTHING about this end of the process! Lol. A new learning curve 😁.

Offline tanda

modify
    « Reply #249 on: 13/04/20, 09:05 »
    Sadly looks like I had a MC on Tuesday night 😥. Private scan this Weds evening but 99% sure it's gone as tests very faint now (tried diluting too in case of Hook Effect). Absolutely gutted as first beta 15dpt was 2921 so we were elated to think this could be our take home Christmas baby.
    Trying to figure out what went wrong, think it must have been either progesterone or immune issues. Stopped the Prednisone 5dpt as was worried in case caught virus so could be that. Does anyone know if you can monitor progesterone levels with bbt? I know progesterone keeps it up but is it a good indicator of levels does anyone know?
    Have two more embies in the freezer so one last try (very last as we are now in financial difficulty) . Will ask clinic to test progesterone next time but wondered if I could monitor as well with bbt. X