* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 38081 times)

0 Members

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #30 on: 24/03/19, 20:22 »
Czech only treat until 49 and Poland I think is 50 and I think they changed their law a couple of years ago and donít treat single ladies, always ways around that though if you have a good male friend who will come onboard to sign clinics papers etc.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 25/03/19, 00:35 »
    Jen - I can totally understand how difficult it is. I can sometimes be a master of prevarication - I like to be prepared and research, and I did this for a while. I looked into options when I was about 42 and my GP referred me to a clinic to discuss options, but the consultant immediately mentioned donor eggs and advised a clinic in Cyprus they had a link with. I needed to reduce my BMI before starting treatment and I delayed making a decision for several years, still hoping, I suppose that I might meet someone to have a family with. I got to 45 without this happening so decided I needed to bite the bullet before it was too late. I decided to go it alone and have not looked back. I realise how fortunate I have been to have my gorgeous children. I went for double donation, as I knew that there weren't many embryos available for adoption in the UK, although obviously there are some. I have read that the USA has a real programme of trying to find families to adopt embryos to prevent them from being destroyed, but I know USA is very expensive for IVF. I was also very lucky that I had embryos strong enough to freeze, and obviously viable, as evidenced by my beautiful daughter.

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 25/03/19, 07:21 »
    irishjen welcome. Iam sorry your journey has been a painful one. I hope at the end of this you find success. Itís so hard youíve been through losses. I went to miracle ivf with dr Firdevs in Cyprus however they might only do fresh cycles with double donation. There is Dogus also in Cyprus which I believe do embryo donation at lower cost than double donation. I had a friend who had twins from Reprofit in Czech rep and had embryo donation but it was a few years ago. For me I chose Cyprus as my dh speaks Turkish and could visit relatives close by. I now have my lovely daughter from my first visit to dr Firdevs. I needed to take meds for thyroid and Blood sugar before treatment. I wish you much luck. X

Offline rubyring

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 26/03/19, 13:34 »
    Hi everyone, sorry I went missing for a bit.

Welcome Irishjen. I'm sorry you've had a long painful journey too.
    I've just had to research clinics again because I got too old for Spain. My 2nd Spanish clinic wasn't that great anyway, I asked if I could go back to the first one, but they said too old. Interestingly Spain does not have an age limit by law, it's the clinics themselves which decide and mostly it's 50. Or maybe 51st birthday if you're already with them. I was told Greece is now 50. This could be 50th birthday.
    I was all set to go to Cyprus (TM) but lost confidence in them when the doctors and admin team changed. I had advice from egg donation friends and they were really helpful. For me the choice was one clinic in Spain, several in Cyprus (not TM or Dogus), and Latvia. I would really recommend looking at their website for verified reviews of the clinics and having a chat with them for suggestions which might suit you. Your requirements may be different from mine.

AFM, I've been for a consultation last week! After getting cold feet about the clinic I chose before I wanted to actually visit and meet them and them to meet me. I'm feeling weird because they've already got a donor for me. And want to get going asap! Which is all great, but I guess I'm just really scared. Realistically my journey is coming to an end which is really hard. I'm also struggling with a cold which isn't helping, maybe I picked up something while travelling. And then there's Mother's Day coming up which is always so hard for me...
    Anyway I went to a clinic highly recommended by egg donation friends, no one on FF seems to have been there. They all spoke good English and the clinic was very busy. I have to decide on the donor in the next 1 or 2 days, then pay a deposit to reserve her!

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 26/03/19, 23:03 »
    Ruby - good to see you back on here. I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. I really hope that you have good luck in the clinic you've selected - where are you heading off to? I think it's a good idea to actually see the clinic you're planning on going to, as despite reading all the reviews, you get your own vibes.
    I can totally understand how you feel with Mother's Day fast approaching. Before having my children, I used to feel the same. My sister who doesn't have any children, hates Mother's Day but does make an effort to get me a card and present from the children as they're too young to do it. I usually get her a card and gift as an aunt, but she says it isn't the same.

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 27/03/19, 01:51 »
    rubyring I wish you much luck with the clinic you selected. I went to TM before dr and marketing split so would chose the dr again, but understand why you were hesitant. I really hope everything goes well. X

Offline Beside_the_seaside

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 28/03/19, 17:08 »
    Jen - Just a thought - I appreciate what Debs said about Serum, as I gather they often recommended hysteroscopy and in Debs position, I could understand not wanting to have one.  However, if you haven't had a child already and yet you've sadly had losses, maybe a hysteroscopy wouldn't be such a bad idea if they recommend it?  From what I've read on here (so just an impression), but also from my own limited enquiries with Serum a couple of years ago (they ran some tests for me), I'd say that one huge advantage they have is they seem to offer a personalised, friendly and caring service.  That's a massive plus to my mind, especially if you'll be cycling as a single person.

Now for my problem!  I was worried about my age [49.8] and whether I'd be able to continue treatment at my UK clinic, with embryos I already have frozen.  I have reassurance that I can carry on even though I'm approaching 50, so that of itself doesn't seem to be an issue.

However, I'm very concerned that my periods are so irregular now - I'm starting to skip them.  I had an endo scratch on 30 January, with a view that I'd have a transfer the next cycle.  I had my period starting 8 February, then ... I bottled it.  I decided to leave it for that menstrual cycle, then have my transfer in the cycle starting with the next period - which I would've expected around 8 March.  Except I'm still waiting  :'(.  So that means its been 7 weeks/49 days since my last period!!!  Even if I have a period now, I can't start the FET protocol (progynova) to have a transfer in 14 days surely?  Surely the lining would be unhealthy and rubbish?

I never expected the FET to be the hard bit!  I would be grateful for any advice on how people might proceed with very irregular periods.  Or indeed, if anyone has ever been in the situation of having not had a period for a very long time, how was their lining prepared for transfer?

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 28/03/19, 23:37 »
    Beside the seaside - I'd give your clinic a ring and ask them. I haven't had a period since I had my daughter, partly because I've done extended breast feeding and I'm now peri-menopausal. My clinic want me to have several months with a period to refresh the lining so the doctor has prescribed me three months of the pill.

Offline Albatross

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 29/03/19, 00:40 »
    Does anyone know the best place to go for info on Cyprus clinics? Or can anyone recommend. I can't find much up to date on Cyprus on this site. Thanks!

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 29/03/19, 01:03 »
    Your best bet is to contact the clinics that your interested directly. The two most popular are dogus and miracle ivf by dr Firdevs.