* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 45206 times)

0 Members

Offline Sasha2016

• Un-Ranked
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #310 on: 18/10/20, 23:17 »
Hello Ladies

I was wondering whether anyone knows whether Team Miracle - Dr Firdevs - is good with 50+ women? North Cyprus is really my last chance due to age, but I havenít seen any recent posts about her from over 50ís, despite her good reputation. I am also looking at the other Cyprus Team Miracle where Dr Vedat used to be, but donít know any of the medical team there. Nicole is the co-ordinator there and is helpful. The choice is really between those 2 clinics in N Cyprus. If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would be very grateful. Many thanks, Sasha.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #311 on: 19/10/20, 13:59 »
    Hi @Sasha2016,

Have you checked out Crown IVF in Famagusta, N Cyprus? The co-ordinator there is Jay - I found her super helpful, and my whole experience was stressfree and resulted in my little miss currently feeding on my chest (after 10 years and 9 rounds of fertility treatment in 5 different clinics/countries and finding success with Crown at the age of 52!!). I have only giod memories of my experience with them. Do message me if you'd like any more details X

Offline Sasha2016

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #312 on: 19/10/20, 17:22 »
    Thanks LateBloom, I spoke with a [size=78%]Co-ordinator from Dunya clinic today and she was helpful. Phoned me immediately and we spoke at length. Dunya is quite expensive though, so I will look into Crown and try to talk to Jay. Congratulations on your little one. Thanks, Sasha.[/size]

Offline Sasha2016

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #313 on: 20/10/20, 19:09 »
    Hi LateBloom,
    I finally heard back from Crown IVF, although not from Jay as I requested, but from someone called Asena. Did you come across them when you were there? Iíve asked if Jay is still there but am not getting any response which is disappointing.  As Iím in my 50ís, Iíd rather go with Jay who seems to have direct experience of working with women in their 50s.

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #314 on: 22/10/20, 21:42 »
    @Sasha2016 - in case of international emails, your emails or their answers might go into spam or be blocked by providers cos of various reasons. That might mean they did not receive your email, or you did not receive theirs. It happened to me with various clinics and brands a few times in the past, and I sent a few emails, then I called them, they promised to send the offer I never got. But when they sent on my another email I always got, so she said true, that she had sent but I did not receive it.

Offline hdrolfe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #315 on: 19/11/20, 14:06 »
    Hello. I am in Canada and haven't had a period in over a year. I am lucky to have a son who is almost 11 but would really like to have another child. I know I will have to use donor egg/embryo. I am also single mom by choice. Things are very expensive for this here. Even the US is very expensive. Obviously I don't have a lot of time to work with. I am not sure where to go or if this even still possible. I believe I would need hormones to bring my period back, for a few months, and then I can move ahead? I am feeling lost and wishing I had done this sooner. With the covid pandemic, everything is even more confusing. Is this possible? I am only 45, only somedays I feel like I am 20 and some I know I am older. Given I am menopausal I thought this might be the place to get some information. Sorry this is a bit all over the place. I dont really know where to start.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #316 on: 19/11/20, 17:21 »
    Hi hdroife

Personally, I would have a skype consultation with Penny in Serum, Athens Greece. If flights are easier to access. Serum is well known for dealing with ladies over 40 with issues. They dont release success statistics at all, but a lot of mature ladies use them.

I have used them personally. For me, I had a lot wrong (and for a long time unknown) but once the issues were found and dealt with I went back for my 4th and 5th cycle with Serum  1st produced a negative, 2and a chemical pregnancy, 3rd, mmc,  4th negative and 5th produced my 21month old currently trying not to nap on my knee. And failing. I was 46 when I had him. For what it's worth, even if I hadnt have been successful, I would still highly recommend Serum. They care for you as a person and arent in the business to simply take your money from you.

Fresh double donor is Ä6000 but you need a further Ä1000 for the chance to freeze any. Embryo adoption is Ä3000. Meds and bloods usually around Ä200. But Penny would be able to advise you better. From memory, you fill in an online medical form and then the skype consult is free.

Good luck x

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #317 on: 19/11/20, 21:14 »
    Hi,
    There are plenty of countries/clinic that will treat you considering your ďonlyĒ 45. Greece treats to 50, Spain is around 50-52 depending on which clinic you go to and north Cyprus happily treat until 55-56 then you need to get permission From their health ministry which is usually granted. So although you may feel time isnít on your side you still have at least 5 years where it will be easy for you to acces either double donation or some clinics do embryo adoption.
    Itís all very straight forward, depending on if you choose to do a fresh cycle, where you would Usually take a down regulation injection to sync you with the donor, which you most likely wouldnít need to do as your not having natural periods, and then take estrogen and progesterone. If you do a frozen cycle with pre-made  embryos you Just take estrogen and progesterone. Each clinic has different protocols and may add medications.
    So really the biggest decision is which country you want to go to, then choosing a clinic, then deciding if you want to do double donor or donated/adopted embryos.