* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 45032 times)

0 Members

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #40 on: 29/03/19, 13:43 »
Wow this is becoming a busy thread now !
Just thought I would pop in and say hi to everyone and to say that I had my transfer on 18th all went well and we have got a BFP - now the long wait till scan day  XX  good luck to all you lovely ladies that our awaiting treatment or even thinking about it x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Maggiephatcat

• Volunteer
    • It's a long road, but it's worth it ❤️
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 29/03/19, 15:04 »
    Congratulations, Betty  ^hugme^ thatís great news.

Maggie x

Offline Beside_the_seaside

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 29/03/19, 22:21 »
    Betty21 - how lovely to log on and see such exciting news!  Well done!

Deb - Thanks.  It just doesn't seem right to not have a period for ages, then start preparing for transfer from the next bleed, whenever that might be.  Two questions:
    1. Can I please ask when you had your daughter/your youngest daughter?  I was looking at your signature, did you mean Lydia (lovely name) born Oct 2016?
    2. What pill are you on?  I've had oestrogen-only HRT (progynova) last year but it didn't seem to have any real regulating effect. The pill sounds like a good idea.  I'll ask about that.

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 29/03/19, 22:34 »
    Beside the seaside - yes I agree about a bleed. My consultant thinks that if you've not had a period for a while, that you need a fresh lining when building up. He has prescribed microgynon. My plan is to take that after I get back from my holiday, so starting the pill in May. It's the combined pill.
    I had my son James in July 2014, and my daughter Lydia was born October 2016. Thanks for your compliment about her name. I like it and think it's a pretty name. It was my great grandma's name but I never knew her so she wasn't called after her.

Offline rubyring

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 30/03/19, 12:40 »
    Deb - thank you, hopefully they will be a good clinic. It's really hard to know. But ED friends said they're having good success at the moment which is the most important thing, although as the doc there said I'm obviously a difficult case. I know that of course but it's really deflated me to hear her say it. I agree with you sister, being an aunt isn't the same.
    Clarabelle - thank you, I just couldn't trust after all that, and I wasn't getting answers to medical questions
    Albatross - have a look at egg donation friends website, they have verified patient reviews which are not all positive!
    Betty - CONGRATULATIONS!!  :)

AFM - loads of paperwork to do, payments to make, and just general organising. Still got the cold / sore throat which is probably not going because work is too busy  :(

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 30/03/19, 16:46 »
    Betty that is great news. Good luck at the scan. X

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 31/03/19, 11:22 »
    betty21 - that's amazing news, I keep everything super tight x

Offline Irisa

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 8/04/19, 18:13 »
    Hello All,
    I am 56 years old and on an ivf journey.  I had my first round in September which was unsuccessful but plan to visit Cyprus again within the next few months.  I saw Dr Firdevs with Team Miracle. However, management has changed with TM and when I last contacted them they mentioned a Dr Vedat. Has anyone here had recent experience with either doctor as now I don't know which way to go. Thanks
    Also, does anyone want to share their fertility journey with me as I really need inspiration to keep me going. Many thanks

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 9/04/19, 00:19 »
    Massive congratulations Betty - and keeping fingers crossed for your scan! Hope the baby dust rubs off on us all!
    Irisa - sorry about the failed cycle, it is so disheartening but great that you're going again!
    I'll set the ball rolling about my fertility journey! I wanted a baby before but didn't have a partner, so finally took the courage to try on my own. I went for a double donation cycle at LWC Darlington in 2012, fresh transfer July - BFN, had one frostie, so had FET October, again resulting in BFN. Wasn't satisfied with the follow up and decided to take a break from treatment, so checked out other clinics. Had a consultation with Penny at Serum, but had misgivings as she immediately advised me to have hysteroscopy, which I know works for some people, but wasn't necessary for me. I finally went to CARE Sheffield and had double donation cycle October 2013, amazingly was  a BFP - with 3 blasts to be frozen. My son was born July 2014. Wanted to try for a sibling, so February 2016 had a FET, again BFP and my daughter was born October 2016. Have two frosties frozen, so now in process of starting a cycle again in May. Hopefully I'll be lucky again, but I feel that as I have my lovely family, I'll not feel as stressed! I really know how lucky and blessed I am, and I hope everyone has the same luck. I used an egg sharer both times. I can highly recommend CARE Sheffield, but they will treat ladies up to 53.

Offline Irisa

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 9/04/19, 12:41 »
    Thanks for getting back to me deb. It's encouraging to hear of others success. I have to do further research into other therapies to support my next cycle. Have you or anyone else used embryogen or blastgen. I am considering, also acupuncture and reflexology.