* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 45742 times)

0 Members

Offline esj

modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #70 on: 28/04/19, 13:59 »
Hi sorry to jump in on the thread just a question on the NIPT test (is this another term for the Harmony test?). Is this available on the NHS for DE pregnancies? Stacey10 you mention that some don't work with DE, does this mean we will need to go private for it? I want to have any tests available but won't do amniocentesis.
Thanks xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #71 on: 28/04/19, 17:06 »
    I have had harmony and Iona with both my previous pregnancies with DE using a 22year old donor, both done at 10 weeks and had to pay privately for them - around £400 mark but well worth it for complete peace of mind - results usually within 5 days - with low risk coming back I declined the 12 week bloods but continued with the usual 12 week scan.
    I do know in certain hospitals they offer this nipt test on NHS but unfortunately not at my local hospital.
    My Iona for this pregnancy is booked in for 14 May. Esj I would definitely recommend it x

Offline esj

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 28/04/19, 19:08 »
    Thanks for the heads up! Betty21 my next scan is on the 14th May coincidentally. Will ask then if poss on NHS, if not will go private xx

Offline sweetpea17

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 29/04/19, 19:34 »
    Hi Ladies
    So I am just 11 weeks ow. I think my local ultrasound direct clinic does the NIPt test-wondering whether to just go for that rather than the bloods at my 12 week scan.

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 29/04/19, 19:41 »
    Thatís what I will be doing sweet pea - my local scan clinic do the nipt  and I am booked in to have mine done on 14 May I will be 11 weeks at that point - in my last pregnancy I had it done at 10 weeks which is the  earliest point in having the test and I had to go back a week later and have it re done again as they couldnít get all the results so this time Iím waiting till 11 weeks x

Offline sweetpea17

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 29/04/19, 22:00 »
    Hi Betty
    I might see if the hospital offer the NIPT first otherwise go private

SP

Offline muffin2

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 21/05/19, 13:17 »
    Dear Ladies,

I have not logged in for some time. Exactly a week ago I did FET in Barcelona and now the 2ww till Friday 24th.

Betty, I am so happy to see you had BFP, sailed through first scans and now happily pregnant!! Congratulations! May I ask what was the grade of the Embryo you received in March?

My twins were AA, then I had FET AA and this one was FET 4BA. I didn't know the numbers for the first ones.

Waiting....

Offline muffin2

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 23/05/19, 11:58 »
    BFP for me today :)

I may be lucky and meet my 50's birthday in August pregnant :)

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 23/05/19, 14:49 »
    Congratulations muffin2 !

Offline Cinnara

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 24/05/19, 09:51 »
    Hello everybody!

Congratulations to all new babies, and keep going whose of you who have not arrived there yet! I have not been in here for a long time. Had given up on the thought of another child, partly because my husband is very reluctant, but now I really wish to give it at least one attempt. Have been thinking about Dogus, Cyprus, but then I read here that you Rubyring did not recommend it. I would be extremely grateful for information about why that is, and if you, or anybody else,  have any other recommendations for Cyprus. Thank you very much, and good luck to everybody!