* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 38263 times)

0 Members

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #80 on: 24/05/19, 10:39 »
Hi cinnara Iíve responded to your questions on the dogus thread. You will always find someone who is not happy with a clinic, clinics are not a one size fits all and itís always best to contact the clinic your interested in and get a feel for them yourself. While itís good to hear both good and not so good reviews ultimately unless there are more negative reviews on a clinic you should always contact them first and see how you go.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cinnara

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 24/05/19, 15:17 »
    Yes, that's true. Thank you Cinnara!

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 25/05/19, 22:07 »
    Stacey10 - I couldn't agree with you more

Offline morganna

• Gold Member
    • NEVER GIVE UP HOPE. LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT.
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 26/05/19, 18:57 »
    Hi Ladies, just popping in to say a quick hello.
    Please dont ever give up on your dream of having a baby.
    Good luck to you all.
    I am still happy with my decision not to have another one!
    My 4 year old is plenty, and gets undivided attention.
    And i am pleased to say she is not SPOILED. Just very loved indeed, and engaged with as much as is possible.  She is an absolute delight.
    Keep on going for your dreams!!!

Love,

Morganna xx

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 26/05/19, 23:43 »
    Morganna. Great to see you posting again. I think you've been a great trailblazer for us older ladies - I remember being inspired to follow my dream when I was cycling for my son. I'm so glad you're loving being a mummy to your 4 year old. The time goes so fast. My son is 5 in July and has nearly completed a year at school! My daughter is now 2 1/2.  I do not regret for one moment becoming a mummy. I think we older ladies have so much to give and I agree, follow that dream.
    AFM - I've started on the pill to have my 3 months of periods and then planning to go for a cycle for no 3 in August!

Offline sweetpea17

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 30/05/19, 15:05 »
    Hi Ladies
    I had my 12 week scan and thankfully it was fine although once there they said I was 14 weeks and 1 day which meant that I could not have the combined test which looks at dowsn and a couple of other things. I had decided that I will have that and hopefully it would be low risk. Anyway I didn't have it because they said that I was one day too late. I saw my midwife a couple of days ago who said that actually they should have done it as cut off is 14 weeks and 2 days.

Anyway the next option was that the midwife can take a blood test to do whats called a quad test just for downs. So she took the blood and I got a call today from the hospital where the blood is sent to saying that they needed the date of birth of the donor to put into the computer to calculate the risk. We just have an age of 22. I don't think they will give the age as it's an anonymous donor and they do not give out such details. I said surely the year is the important thing and they can work it out.

Has anyone else had this issue about specifically being asked for a date of birth-apparently they cannot do the test without it which just seems mad. I assume they will need the date of birth for the NIPT test too-have you ladies who have had the NIPT test had to give date of birth?

SP

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 30/05/19, 23:38 »
    Sweetpea - both times, I was able to have the combined test, so not had the others, but I don't see how they are any different. I was only asked for age of donor, not date of birth - can't see it makes any difference!

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 31/05/19, 00:17 »
    Sweet pea Iíd just make up a date to fit in with 22 yrs, probably mid year range do in June of that year sometime, really canít see why a date would make any difference as you said.
    Atm just had a cancelled cycle which was annoying, got the final cancel at the scan at the clinic before the transfer, but clinic were amazing, so cannot fault them, though I will have to fault my acupuncturist as it seems I had ďfluidĒ in my uterus, at my day 10 scan, also a lining of only 3.2 mm after 10 days of esfrogen ::) which is what youíd expect straight after a period, seems the omnibuxtion that he was giving me for blood flow the the uterus was too strong as was actually breaking my lining down as the estrogen was building it up, after each session Iíd have 2 days of brown spotting, so as we werenít sure what the ďfluidĒ was at that stage, (could have been from infection from scratch or from estrogen supplementation) I upped my estrogen to 6 orally and 3 vaginally per day and 3 days later my lining was a juicy 9mm triple layered, but fluid still present, so there was still a chance of transfer going ahead if the fluid is caused by the estrogen as progesterone dries it up, so I started progesterone (but deep down I knew  what the fluid was from) flew half way around the word lol, went to the clinic the next day to confirm if transfer would take place, and as I said, fluid was still present and transfer cancelled, que rest of the day pool side !
    I have now started my period and as suspected, a passed a huge amount of old brown blood, then absolutely nothing for 5 hours, then started lightly spotting pink, but the next day full flow, have to say though apart from the obvious disappointment, Iím having a very healthy period, so thatís due to the scratch I think, so back on the pill on Saturday for a few months with the intention of cycling again in October, this time without doing omnibuxtion  ^bigbad^

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 31/05/19, 03:28 »
    Sweetpea I also had the combined test and only needed to tell the age.

Stacey sorry you didnít get to go ahead. Wishing you luck next time. Hope the holiday was not too stressful. X

Offline sweetpea17

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 31/05/19, 09:27 »
    Sorry to hear Stacey about whats happened. Good luck for October-hopefully it will all go well then. Thank you for the replies ladies. I also thought about making up a date of birth to fit in with the age. It's just ridiculous them being so fussy

Do they ask the date of birth for a private NIPT test too?

SP