* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 37861 times)

0 Members

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #90 on: 31/05/19, 20:43 »
Hi sweet pea - I had my private Iona test about 4 weeks ago and I was only asked age of donor and not DOB - not that I would have had any idea anyway x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 2/06/19, 13:05 »
    Hi Stacey, sorry to know your cycle has been cancelled. Hope next one will work for you.

Offline Cinnara

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 5/06/19, 07:11 »
    I decided to give Dogus a try, but now I have hade two scans which have not first good. The first with a lining of 3.8mm (Friday 31 May) och now yesterdays 4.2 mm (after a raised dose to 12mg estrogen a day). The gynecologist who did the scan does not generally have any views on the treatment schedule, but seemed to think that this ruled out the possibility of embryo transfer during this cycle. The clinic, however, advised me took raise the dose to 18 mg a day, and do another scan in five days. Anyone who has taken such high doses? Do you think there is any chance of luck at all?? (it will complicate our family schedule as well as my work very much, so I am reluctant to go ahead if chances are very small). Sorry for just coming in asking questions, but it would be immensely appreciated with some input on this.

Offline Cinnara

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 5/06/19, 07:15 »
    Hello again, Stacey, sorry to read about your cancelled cycle. Hoping better luck to you next time!

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 5/06/19, 07:54 »
    Cinnara sorry your having lining issues, are you doing any of them vaginally? If not I would do 3 per day vaginally and also add in an estroferm patch every 3 days if you can, that made my lining triple in 3 days. The dr at dogus will do a transfer with a lining of 6 mm.

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 6/06/19, 00:06 »
    I had a successful transfer at 7 mm, and a failed one at 11, so it's not always the thicker the better! I think my second successful one was about 8 mm, so never very thick, but they worked!

Offline Channa

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 7/06/19, 12:26 »
    Dear Ladies, I think I have some good news for those in their late fifties or early sixties.

I was at Dogus, and they were excellent!
    Because of my age I had to ask permission for treatment at the Ministry of Health.
    I knew Andri from earlier treatment, and find her lovely and very caring.
    This time I got support from mrs Fatma Tertemiz. She is one of the directors of Dogus, and she is the famous embryologist at the clinic. I think a good embryologist is at least as important as a good doctor. Fatma guided me through all the tests and investigations, and shared information with me about the questions the committee would ask about my situation. She was really very helpfull.
    Sadly for me it is a BFN, but this has nothing to do with the care Dogus took or the way they treated me.

So ladies, the good news is there is excellent treatment for us waiting at Dogus. Mrs Fatma Tertemiz will welcome all ladies who want to apply for treatment at advanced age. Mail: [email protected]. mob +90 5338692330
    It took me a lot of time finding a place where serious care was available for us "oldies" , and I am very glad I met Fatma at Dogus.

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 7/06/19, 22:35 »
    Hi chanca, sorry you got a bfn, when I was at dogus in May Andri was telling me that they will help once your over 55yr a couple more tests etc but she was pretty confident that there shouldnít be a problem, so thatís great to know that that option is there, thanks for sharing Fatimaís email etc.  :)

Offline Beside_the_seaside

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 19/06/19, 11:49 »
    Hello - I haven't posted on here for ages, so I'm feeling a bit shy and I'm sorry but I've rather lost track of what everyone's doing. :-[

For my part, I have 4 frozen day 3 embryos, not tested and of varying quality (only one is 'top' quality) and I plan to have medicated FET(s) in London this year.  ^pray^
    I'm terribly anxious about it all - practically paralysed with anxiety to be honest - as whatever the outcome, once the FET(s) are done, that's it for us. 

I know I'm already hugely lucky to have a beautiful, wonderful nearly 6 year old daughter and I am consciously grateful for her.  Still, I would dearly love my daughter to have a sibling ... and I'm not going to lie, it's purely for me too, I'd just love to have two living, healthy children.  Doing this at almost 50 years old wouldn't exactly have been my ideal scenario (those years of infertility weren't really the plan ...) but frankly my age (and OH is not far behind) just isn't sufficient reason NOT to at least give this a try.  We are both still solvent (just about, after all the IVF) energetic and hopefully doing a pretty good job in raising our 6 year old.  So on we go!

Anyway, I asked Deblovecats a question sometime back about the contraceptive pill, and many thanks Deb, as I'm now on my 2nd month of that and (after last year when my periods started to become horribly irregular - like 37 days, 67 days, whatever ...) it's such a blessed relief to have something approximating a normal cycle!  I might do one more month of that and then go for the FET, perhaps around the end of July.  It would be so lovely to find a cycle buddy?  (Deb, when is your FET cycle planned for?)

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 20/06/19, 16:17 »
    Besidetheseaside glad you are able to try for you frostie. For me Iíve turned 48 with a 10 month old and also dream of going back for my frostie. Problem is I would need to take her from Canada to Cyprus which is a very long journey and financially itís not good for us. I qualified for maternity last time and would not this time as not been working. I too wish I had treatment sooner but she is the baby I was meant to have. I am fine with not doing a fresh cycle again and dh said last time we would only do that cycle but we did freeze the reminder and freezing longer just makes me older.

I had great health except gestational diabetes during pregnancy and no aches and pains. Now even 10 months past my c section I have joint pain and heel pain. Not lost weight on my stomach and not feeling in great shape.

Anyone else with post pregnancy aches and pains and not lost the weight? Dr told me itís not age. X