* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 43164 times)

0 Members

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #10 on: 12/03/19, 08:02 »
Hi ladies
Well today Iím heading to Spain for my treatment using one of my day 5 embies (FET)  - clinic tomorrow for hormone blood test and scan to check how lining is coming along. Iím traveling on my own as DH couldnít take time off so a week of rest, books and Netflix! Nervous and excited in vety equal measures x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 12/03/19, 09:39 »
    Good luck Betty, try and keep us updated on your progress  :)

Offline Maggiephatcat

• Volunteer
    • It's a long road, but it's worth it ❤️
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 12/03/19, 11:15 »
    Lots of luck to you, Betty. I had my little boy following a FET in Spain. He's 6 now :)

Maggie x

Offline Albatross

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 12/03/19, 21:00 »
    My dr still hasn't got back to me. Worried about leaving a gap. I have the progynova and utrogestan so could start taking but not sure how much when.
    Good luck for your FET.
    How are the Spanish clinics?

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 12/03/19, 21:12 »
    Albatross  I missed your last question to me sorry,  Iím taking lenest 30ed and yes I take it then have a bleed then start cycle, although I have been taking it since January and will keep on taking it until I decide to cycle.

Offline Beside_the_seaside

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 13/03/19, 15:24 »
    Hello.  It's been a very long time - years - since I last logged in.  I'm sorry I haven't caught up with anyone's story yet (I do hope to very soon) but meanwhile may I just wish everyone the best of luck in making the progress they're looking for.

A couple of years back I'd been trying some embryo banking (with own eggs as it happens).  Gradually and eventually I managed to freeze 4 x day 3 embryos (at Create, St Pauls).  Then for various reasons - stress, no money, becoming peri-menopausal (yeah, slightly inconvenient that last one) I ground to a halt about this time last year. My periods are now very erratic, so my original plan to try a natural/non-medicated FET has sadly gone out the window.  I do still want to try a couple of frozen embryo transfers with the embryos I've got in storage, but it'll have to be via a medicated FET cycle, which I'm worried about (i.e. that it might be less likely to succeed).

Of course I'm desperate for this to work  ^pray^, but if it doesn't, then DP and I have agreed, however sadly and reluctantly, that would have to be it now.  We won't move on to any other type of treatment or another way of extending our family.

I'm about to get in touch with Create to re-start the process towards having an FET.  I'm actually terrified, not least because I'm now 49.8  :'(
    The point being, if I need to try 2 (or even 3) FETs, then I won't get all of those done before my 50th birthday.  I don't know what the clinic policy is on age, but I have an awful sneaking suspicion that it might be 50th birthday.  Again, whether they'd have any discretion over treatment with embryos already in storage with them, I've no idea.

Could any of you lovely ladies please stop me freaking out and losing the plot completely?!  Does anyone know of any UK-based clinic(s) that will treat above 50th birthday?  If so, then I wonder if I could get my embryos transferred to that clinic for the purpose of an FET.  London or Midlands would be best if there's a choice.

Thank you in advance x

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 13/03/19, 21:45 »
    Hi beside the sea, Debís clinic treats over 50 so Iím sure she will pop in soon and give you more info on that.  :)

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 13/03/19, 23:59 »
    I'll do that Stacey!
    Beside the sea - some UK clinics will treat about 50, so don't panic. I'm with CARE and they treat up to the age of 53, although you need to undergo some medical tests such as ECG, blood tests, cervical screening, and mammogram. I believe that LWC will also treat up to 53, or 54.
    Good luck

Offline millie13

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 15/03/19, 15:08 »
    Deb Do Care do Embryo adoption do you know?  Thanks

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 15/03/19, 15:27 »
    Just a quick update ladies - arrived safely and had bloods done all is good,scan showed lining is now at 10 so they was very pleased with that. Got another blood test tomorrow and transfer on Monday at 11.15 - they will thaw the first one and if thatís ok will use that one and if not will thaw another / just hoping the first one is ok x