* Author Topic: Low amh high fsh only 2 follicles  (Read 790 times)

0 Members

Offline eleanorpaints

• Un-Ranked
modify
Low amh high fsh only 2 follicles
« on: 6/03/19, 14:03 »
I would love some help as I am completely confused and unsure what route to take, consultant has said after taking maximum dose of stim I only have 2 viable follicles growing to collect for IVF (it was a massive shock as I had 9 before i started my treatment).
I've been advised that I can go ahead if I wish but my chances are very small - and that I should look to an egg donor instead and stop the cycle. Apparently my lining is fine but just the eggs I am failing to produce
Has anyone else switched to donor eggs on these grounds? also I presume if I do this you need to wait for your next cycle
thank you in advance ladies and good luck x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Willow26

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 6/03/19, 14:17 »
    Hi eleanorpaints,

I don't have DE knowledge to share but I saw your post so I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're going through this, and I hope you get the answers you need to help you, whether from here or your drs. Is it possible to get a second opinion? I know that different Drs have very different takes on low AMH and our chances.

One mentioned to me about DEs before even trying any treatment (my AMH is 3.9pmol), but I had 3 back to back max dose banking rounds to extract as many eggs as possible, and I'm fortunate and very grateful that this worked for me and I have some in the freezer.

The ladies on this thread have much more experience than me on the different things you could think about trying should you wish to, or DEs, but I just wanted to say good luck and I hope things take a positive turn. I know that heart wrenching feeling when you're told you're not responding, I remember it well and it's sickening. Take care xx

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Poppy1981

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 6/03/19, 21:11 »
    Please donít go for DE straight away, you can definitely bank embryoís/do natural cycles and if I were you I would refuse to cancel and insist to go ahead. Iím sorry youíre going through this but please donít think all is lost, you can definitely keep trying with OE. Best of luck x

Offline Jeb1982

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 6/03/19, 21:37 »
    Hi ladies

I just wanted you to know that you only need 1 good egg to have a positive outcome.

My amh was 0.84 and was tild from day 1 to have DE as there would be less than 1% change of having a live birth with my own eggs. Me being me i refused and did aome research I started to take DHEA for 6 months and my folical  went from 3 to 5, 4 eggs 3 fertilized and 2 put back in.

I now have a beautiful 3 year old daughter. I wouldnt rule out DE is does take a while to think what you want and if this will be auitable for you. I am currently thinking about DE as I have had a MC and failed cycle after my daughter.

But do whats beat for you miracles happen.

Good luck in what ever choice you make 😁 x

Offline Flyby

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 6/03/19, 22:15 »
    This happened to me on my first cycle, I only had two viable follicles grow out of many more that could be seen in the initial scan.

Perhaps you need to try some different protocols / different stimulating meds? Itís a bit of trial and error to see what your body best responds to.

I had five IVFís beginning at age 42 and it eventually worked for me at age 44. It was the Clomid embryo banking cycles that worked for me, the only time I ever was able to get blastocysts was when I had been stimulated with Clomid rather than thousands of pounds worth of injectable hormones!

Good luck with the journey, it takes patience, resilience and a bit of blind faith!

Flyby x

Offline eleanorpaints

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 6/03/19, 22:34 »
    thank you ladies for your support, I am going to see how my scan on Friday goes and make a decision.
    you are right that it is a bit trial and error flyby - I have had clomid before and it led to 3 follicles so perhaps I'd have been better off with that!! However they then said my lining would be affected

jeb thank you also for encouraging thoughts, they said not to take DHEA as the drugs I am taking have the same effect but now of course i am wondering if I should have done just in case. Good luck on your journey

I am a bit put off multiple collections due to the cost so I probably can't go down that route but could see how a fresh transfer went, just disappointing i am unlikely to have any to save - its great its worked for you ladies. Another consultant did recommend that but the one where I am suggested trying once.
    thank you again everyone I will do some more thinking

Offline Flyby

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 7/03/19, 18:29 »
    Another option is to do Clomid for you first attempt, (I think it encourages better egg quality as your body is making its own hormones to produce the eggs), then freeze these; the next time around do a natural cycle to get one or two eggs and transfer both the frozen and fresh ones at the same time, your lining will be fine as you would have had no drugs on the second cycle.