* Author Topic: Here we go again!  (Read 499 times)

0 Members

Offline odineen

modify
Here we go again!
« on: 15/03/19, 16:39 »
So this time I thought I'd document the in's and out of the cycle. It's likely my last.

Bit of history me and my partner (same sex) have been together 10 1/2 years. we started our journey to starting our family in 2012. Our first cycle (egg share) resulted in 6 eggs of our own. we transferred 2 day 3, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy with none frozen. Our second cycle (egg share) resulted in 5 eggs of our own. We again transferred 2 day 3 ( none frozen) this time we got our BFP however when we went for our 6 week scan there was one baby with a very weak heart beat. They asked us to come back the following week however the day before the scan I miscarried our baby. After a time of heart break we decided to move clinic. This next cycle number 3 I produced 26 eggs. This was also an egg share cycle. I ended up with OHSS and had a freeze all. there were 6 frozen day 1 embryos. Cycle 4 Frozen egg transfer we manage to get 4 of our embryos to 5 day blast. We put 2 top quality back in but didn't have any good enough to freeze. Luckily enough nine months later I gave birth to our beautiful twin boys!

4 years later and we decided that we would like to try for another baby! July 2018 I changed clinic again as we had moved quite a distance since our last go. We did another egg share. I produced 12 eggs 6 of my own however when they were fertilised only 1 made it as my eggs weren't mature. we did a day 2 transfer which resulted in a BFN. When we had our review appointment our consultant made out that I had fantastic quality so guessing my recipient got all the good eggs!

I'm about to undertake my last cycle no sharing this time. Keeping all my eggs. I'm thinking I'll be due to start down reg around Easter time. I have my blood appointment and nurse check 4 April, and choose donor sperm at the same appointment. I then pick up my drugs 18th April, and my day 21 should be just after 19th depending when AF shows up.

I started taking Royal Jelly, Maca and also 300mg of Ubiquinol in January. I'd also love to loose 1/2 a stone before nurse appointment so might start walking in the evenings however the weather has been awful!

So the first of the long waits begin. 3 weeks till my nurse appointment!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline odineen

modify
    Here we go again!
    « Reply #1 on: 1/04/19, 19:03 »
    So the last time I wrote was 3 weeks ago. didn't realise it was so long ago. glad the time has flew in! The good new is my Af arrived yesterday so hoping that I can start down reg on Easter Sunday 21st April 3 weeks time.

I have my blood appointment on Thursday and will also be choosing our donor sperm at this appointment. We have been really unfortunate that we can not use the same sperm as our twins. When the boys were 2 we had a call from the clinic we used to say that the donor had been in contact and that he had been diagnosed with Von Willebrand disease a blood clotting disorder that can be genetically inherited. We had to get the boys tested but thankfully the are not carriers or do they have it! but this has resulted in us not been able to use the sperm again.   

Starting to get excited about being on this journey once again.

Offline odineen

modify
    Here we go again!
    « Reply #2 on: 4/04/19, 18:48 »
    Had our blood appointment today. Was very surreal. Last time I went through treatment there it felt such a negative place. We had one nurse that was so dull and felt really judgemental. She did my bloods then turned up in a tracking scan then my egg collection. I even said before I went for collection Iíd be upset if she was there. Anyway! The staff today were all so cheery and lovely! And there was also a lot of choice in sperm so we choose characteristics based both on my partner and also our children.hoping we all look quite alike. Our children do look very like my family so Iím guessing Iíve strong genes.  The appointment didnít last to long. 2 weeks till we get bloods!