* Author Topic: Don't know when to give up on IVF with my own eggs...emotional  (Read 2779 times)

0 Members

Offline Momfor4

• Un-Ranked
Jenny; yes PM me if you want discuss further. The point to put both embryo’s was exactly the fact that we wouldn’t know. As it doesn’t make any difference after you decide to move to donor. Well, there was this chance to be blessed with not identical twins, and now we know that either of boys are from donot
There is no legal right to tell to the child and we never will. He is no different than our other children. And we would not even know to whom to tell this...
This was personal decision and absolutely no regret’s. In addition, we have not told to anybody this, just due to not to confuse people.
We did feel (or mainly I) that the DNA doesn’t play big role on what kind of child you have, but multiple other factors does. Very personal decision.

Good luck! To us it was said as well that with donor eggs we Will have a healthy baby within 3 cycles. Lucky us it was the first

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline esj

HI Jenny
    I just wanted to jump into this thread as Im also 46 (47 in May) and have finally made the switch to DE after four years of OE treatment both in the UK and at Serum in Athens. The closest we got was a CP with Create two years ago and the last transfer I did with Serum of a top grade blastocyst nearly 18 months ago still resulted in a BFN. I knew then that we couldn't throw anymore money and time at it nor could we cope with the emotional upheaval of OE treatment with such low odds of success. Its taken a while to get here. My partner was absolutely not on board for a long while and I know he still struggles slightly with the idea but we've taken the leap and I'm hopeful of a positive result. If not I know we've tried everything and will live with the outcome.
    You sound super positive and open to the DE avenue so just carry on with your OE cycle knowing that you have this other option.
    I'm in Athens now, transferring tomorrow! We got 10 embryos from the donor so Im hoping we may even have a couple of frosties as back up. Will transfer two blastocysts tomorrow all being well. Slightly terrified at the prospect of twins but have been advised it increases the chance of an overall pregnancy by up to 20% so going with it.
    Wishing you all the best with your cycle
    Love xx

Offline Momfor4

• Un-Ranked
    esj ; good luck for tomorrow, how exciting
    We were told as well that by transferring two it Will increase the chances about 15 %, and that our chances with PGS tested embryos was 60 % with single embryo.And that chances for triplets was around 1%. And the pregnancy started as triple pregnancy, however one heartbeat stopped around 12 weeks. But so we have twins now

Offline jennyH1

Thanks ladies for everyone's continued input. Hopefully it's not just helping me but also all the other ladies in similar positions reading this. Sorry if I didn't get to reply to everyone but I always read every single post and really appreciate everyone's contribution.

esj - I am so so excited for you for tomorrow!!! I really hope all goes perfect for you and you get your little dream. Thanks a mil for sharing your story. You've really had it tough and you so deserve a little bit of luck now. I'm sure when you have your little baby in your arms all your hubbys apprehension will shoot out the window. Lots and lots and lots of luck and fingers crossed for some frosties too xx

Momfor4 - Thanks again for your positive feedback xx

Offline esj

Thank you Jenny/Momfor4 -
    We had a great result from the cycle- transferred two top grade blasts and froze 3. Transfer went smoothly too so very happy. Now back in London and counting down to OTD.
    Will keep following, wishing you all all the best
    XXX

Offline Momfor4

• Un-Ranked
    esj; good luck for next two weeks!! It was very hard for me to wait....yes tested 4 days after transfer, very light BFP. But it was very faint until OTD plus bleeding, so I was very nervous. But so we still had the best possible  outcome, our little boys :-)

Offline jennyH1

Aw esj I'm delighted for you that's brill!!! AND 3 frosties!! Fab!!

Have fingers and toes crossed for you now. Hope you/ve got some time to chillax. This bit is the most exciting!! Enjoy it...really hoping a BFP  comes your way xx

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    esj - good luck, keep my fingers crossed