* Author Topic: BFP- Due Date November/December 2019  (Read 7466 times)

0 Members

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
BFP- Due Date November/December 2019
« Reply #10 on: 24/05/19, 10:53 »
Hello everyone, I've been building up the courage to join the thread as didn't want to jinx anything by joining too early having had first trimester losses before. I'm 14 weeks now, we received our trisomy testing back a few days ago and thankfully everything looks low risk. The anxiety is starting to fade but I think it'll remain until at least 20 weeks and probably until I actually give birth! I've had no real symptoms, which in a way is a bit of a blessing, but also doesn't help with reassurance that everything is ok inside.

Willow, totally understand your feelings - we are not telling people till at least 20 weeks and maybe not till the baby arrives. I am especially dreading telling my parents as I know they will stress me out because they are obsessive about anything health related and will tell me I'm officially old to be having a baby now! I just don't feel ready at the moment to share the news with anyone as DH and I are still in denial after over 5 years of TTC, numerous failed IVF cycles where we didn't even get to transfer and doctors telling me to give up hope of using my own eggs. I'm not showing yet and am still running a few times a week, so I'm somewhat unrealistically hoping I won't show for quite a while yet. I'm under consultant care too. Due date is 21st Nov but will probably be earlier as I have to have a C section due to previous surgery.

Betty, wonderful news about your GTT. How did your 12 week scan go, hope all is looking on track.

Hope everyone is well and have a lovely, relaxing long weekend - looking like it's going to be a sunny one!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline BEmama

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 24/05/19, 11:56 »
    Hi all!

I am 16+5 now and I am feeling so much better, no more nausea at all, I finally feel human again, this has been the very best bit of pregnancy so far.

We also got the NIPT test results, all good, and it's a little girl  :) We are over the moon!

Offline Willow26

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 24/05/19, 17:38 »
    Hello all,

BEmama, what a lovely bit of hopeful news to hear... I'm glad you feel good now...and I'm selfishly now willing 16+5 to come along in the hope I will too ;) Great news about your test results too. And congrats on having a girl! How wonderful!

ShadyWheat - I knew I recognised your name! I'm also in the low AMH group and have posted a little, but mainly loitered on there learning a lot :) Looking at your signature I see you have Crohn's - I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is also a chronic autoimmune condition. We probably have some medications and experiences in common! I hope it's behaving okay at the moment and you're feeling able to focus on the pregnancy without the distraction of the Crohn's. I'm lucky to have just (finally) changed to a drug that actually works for me, just before my successful cycle, so I've been in less pain and more active. Infact the effective drug could well be the reason my body finally felt able to become pregnant...who knows.    Anyway...well done for plucking up the courage to join and congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm sorry to hear about your earlier losses. I totally get your need to wait and want it to be your secret for a while. Only tell people when you feel ready, it's nobody's business but yours :)   Haha but I do hope for your sake then that you're right about not showing for a while...I seemed to pop yesterday and suddenly look pregnant, but I am overweight so I did a bit anyway ;)  ;D I haven't told work yet so I felt a bit sheepish walking around the office! Congrats on your test results. I totally know what you mean about being anxious about the pregnancy. I'm counting down to my 16 week scan, but if we're lucky enough that that goes well, I know I'll be counting down to the 20 week scan, and on, and on. It's just so scary and surreal after trying for so long. I really hope your parents will pleasantly surprise you. My mum has made comments to me in the past about being anti women having babies at an older age, and anti 'interfering' by using IVF, BUT she has actually been really happy and supportive of me once I told her. I only actually told her I was doing anything treatment wise after three embryo banking rounds, and in the middle of my first FET!

Anyway, hi to everyone else too! Hope you all have a great sunny weekend even if there's no wine/G&T to be had (booooo).

x

Offline BEmama

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 25/05/19, 15:29 »
    Willow26 - Thank you!  :) And it sounds like you've been having a hard time, I hope so very much for you that it eases off the next week as well!  ^pray^ The best of luck with your scan!

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 28/05/19, 14:58 »
    Congratulations for your little girl BeMama! Great news. And also glad you are feeling a lot less sick now.

Willow, thank you for the welcome, now you mention it I do remember you posting a couple of times on the low AMH thread. So glad banking worked out for you and that you're now expecting! Like you, I strongly believe getting my autoimmune disease in remission has contributed to me finally being able to get pregnant, I actually came off all drugs late last year due to my immune system crashing out after my last MC and having neutropenia, and am feeling better than I have in many years, much more energy and positivity. And amazingly my AMH is higher than it was 3 years ago too (although still very low). My consultant is still monitoring me but they have decided to keep me off the immunosuppressants and hope for the best. I have booked a private 16 week scan for next week and on tenterhooks until then. My belly seemed to suddenly pop out over the weekend too, and now I'm convinced everyone can see although I'd like to keep it secret for a few more weeks. You're right, I've decided we shouldn't feel guilty about not wanting to tell. We didn't tell our parents anything about all the treatment and problems we had as we didn't want to upset them, so maybe they will expect us to be more positive and be able to plan the next steps than we feel mentally able to, also they will probably want to be more involved in every step than I want them to be! I have got used to just dealing with this alone as its easier than trying to explain every disappointment along the way...

Hope everyone had a lovely BH weekend and wishing you all lots of luck for the next scans and steps... xxx

Offline TierraFirma

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 29/05/19, 12:03 »
    Waited till now to post as I donít like to talk to soon  ;D

Didnít expect to be here, previous icsi babies and now after 10 years an out the blue natural pregnancy  ^help^
    Chances must be millions to one but little miracle clearly wanted to be part of the current family of 6. Typical I got rid of all my old cots, car seats etc so thereís a nice shopping trip coming haha

Hellooooooo to all the ladies due on nov/dec hope your all keeping well x

Offline Willow26

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 29/05/19, 12:23 »
    Shady, that's amazing that you're off all meds and doing so well. Congrats! I don't know about you, but I think having had serious medical issues in my life for years means I'm used to dealing with things on my own - you have to, no one else really wants to know the details! - and so I've got on with the treatment and pregnancy on my own to an extent too. It adds to the need for it to be a secret for me...my one bit of good news I can barely hope to believe. But I assure you, once the time's right for you, it's so lovely telling people! I told my boss yesterday and she was very sweet although told me she's very stressed to lose me hopefully that means she'll have me back after maternity then!!

Welcome TierraFirma and congratulations! Wow a family of 6 already...amazing...and busy I should think!

I hope everyone else is doing well.

My scan went well. The consultant couldn't see much of the heart; she kept complaining baby needs to be 16 weeks to see properly, but I was 15 weeks 6 days and it was the hospital that made the appointment! Anyway, it looks good so far and she thinks that the baby is unlikely to have its father's heart condition so that was encouraging. No gender news though! She wouldn't look, said we had to wait?! So we booked a private scan for Friday to find out...

Bit wary of telling my coworkers tomorrow now my boss knows. They are one big catty clique that gossip about my weight, the fact I'm not married to my boyfriend after 9 years, my position in the company (higher than they think I ought to be Haha!), pretty much anything nasty they can say about me they do! I'm half tempted to set my laptop to record after I tell them and see what they say behind my back oh well, nothing they can say can take away from how I feel about my pregnancy so bring it on!!

x

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline TierraFirma

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 29/05/19, 14:34 »
    Hi willow 👋
    Sorry to hear about the people you work with, that sounds like a really horrible environment. Some people are that unhappy in their own lives that they need to bring another person down to make themselves feel better so in a way they are probably a little envious of you 👍 I would have set laptop to record haha Iím nosey that Way.

Yeah 4 kids and thought all was done haha dh thought it was twins as look bigger sooner and symptoms earlier but I knew itís just because itís all loosey goosey in there and quite glad too, I donít think my body would handle twins  :o

X

Offline Willow26

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 1/06/19, 18:24 »
    Thanks Tierra I was really annoyed for a day or two about my colleagues, but now I  just think no...they're not ruining my happiness about being pregnant with their rubbish!

We had our private 16 week scan. All baby's organs etc looked good so far, and we were told we're having...a....BOY!

How's everyone feeling? This thread is so quiet, maybe there aren't many due Nov/Dec because people are too broke after Christmas to have treatment early in the year!!? x

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 3/06/19, 14:22 »
    Congratulations willow on finding out your having a little boy - wonderful news!

AFM - i had my 12 week scan and all went well though they didnít seem to do much as I wasnít having nuchal test done - couldnít get many checks done as baby was not playing ball - in a difficult position to get any measurements - so basically just a confirmed dating scan.
    Iíve been away for half term in Spain and now 14+3 and have completely stopped all meds, have booked in for a scan tomorrow as I was feeling a little anxious since stopping them.
    My sickness has weaned down now and seem now t only feel queasy on and off so that is a big relief. Finding these dreadful fragmin injections really painful and already have bruises bad on my legs - will continue on them daily until baby is 6 weeks old so not to many to go hahaha!

Hoping everyone is keeping well lots of love xx