* Author Topic: BFP- Due Date November/December 2019  (Read 8677 times)

0 Members

Offline BEmama

modify
BFP- Due Date November/December 2019
« Reply #100 on: 25/11/19, 10:40 »
My baby girl was born at 42+1 weeks pregnancy on the 18th, it ended up starting naturally at the very last minute anyway! 9lbs and 54cm she's a chunky little one, and we are over the moon to finally have her here  :) I did have a post-partum haemorrhage and ended up having a blood transfer plus other related medical issues, so recovery has been hard and slow going for me. But we'll get there.

Huge congratulations to you Shadywheat!  ^hugme^  and Betty, she sounds like a dream baby indeed, I'm jealous *g* Jazjoon, that's coming close too, exciting!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jazjoon

modify
    « Reply #101 on: 27/11/19, 04:56 »
    Congratulations Shadywheat on your beautiful baby boy!! Congratulations Bemama on your lovely little girl (maybe not so little hee hee) !!

Wow three births so close together! I'm happy to hear everyone is safe and sound and that deliveries were not (terribly) complicated.

Shadywheat so glad to hear your pain levels are so low! Bonus! I can totally understand your and DH being mesmerized by him. It is an amazing time when they arrive after all the wishing and waiting isn't it?

Bemama happy to hear things got going naturally for you! Hope you had good care around the hemorrhage and other issues. Rather scary I imagine at the time? Sorry to hear your recovery is slowed as a result... Take it easy and don't push yourself (yeah right, with a newborn that's easier said than done!)

Betty oh no your poor little girlie, all those heel pricks! And you had to hear her cries on every one, yes my heart would be breaking too... I'm sure your being there to nurse and hold her relieVed her tremendously though! Has the jaundice resolved now? How are you and she holding up in general?

AFM I'm still holding onto the girls! Officially week 32 now and getting pretty uncomfortable when I walk or stand much. Braxton Hicks contractions are getting more frequent and intense. Hope I can hang on to them for 4 more weeks! Scan on Friday so will be reassured to see how they're doing/growing in there. Also I get my latest bile acid levels, hope they're still lowish.

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #102 on: 1/12/19, 21:28 »
    Congratulations BeMama on the safe arrival of your little girl! Such happy news! xxx Take good care of yourself, I'm sorry to hear recovery has been slow

Betty, we have been having trouble with weight loss too. Our little one has lost over 10% of his birth weight and he is 2 weeks old tomorrow. I called the midwives yesterday as we have hospital grade scales at home and they came today, and he's been put on an intensive feeding regime for the week which means no sleep for me (or really for him, poor wee thing!). Hopefully it does the trick though and on the plus side he's not looking sickly or lethargic and is filling loads of nappies.

JazJoon - thank you! Great news that the twins are still staying in and hope the scan went well last Friday x

Offline BEmama

modify
    « Reply #103 on: 6/12/19, 10:24 »
    Jazjoon - yes she's not that little at all! *g* It was very scary at the time, I passed out and remember little of it but my partner found it to be very traumatising to have to watch. It has been hard to recover from, especially because it has impacted my body's ability to produce enough milk as well. Congratulations on making it to 32 weeks, that's a huge accomplishment, especially with twins! I'm glad it's going well for you, keep them in there just a little more! :)

Betty - Here another baby that lost a lot of weight and has struggled to gain :/ We have had to supplement with donor milk. It's so hard, isn't it...

Shadywheat - thank you! <3

Offline jazjoon

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 26/12/19, 15:52 »
    Hi all! Sorry to be out of touch. I delivered my babies and that took my attention for a bit! December 4!

I had prePROM (water broke early) and delivered two beautiful and healthy baby girls at 33+2 weeks and 4 lbs each, which is a pretty decent age and weight in twin-land. C section as planned before but of course a bit more "urgent" than expected. Not an emergency as we had some warning about the need to deliver. Went in on a Tuesday night with a trickle of amniotic fluid, was not really believed as not in active labor and the tests they ran came back negative (apparently they can do that). Started me on the steroid shots for lung development and kept me overnight for observation anyway.

By the next morning the trickle had become a gush and by the time they checked me I was 2-3 cm dilated. The scan showed that baby A who was very low down, had lost almost all her amniotic fluid. She had been tracing fine on the NST but then started to show signs of stress so they decided not to wait for the 2d steroid shot to develop the lungs, and just deliver right away.

An hour or two later and I was in the OR getting ready to meet my babies! Was lucky I had not taken my lovenox blood thinner yet the night before so I was able to do the spinal and Be awake and with DH during the surgery. Hearing them cry one after the other was amazing!!!

They needed a little oxygen for a day but that's all, and they are now in the step-down NICU at a different hospital and going very well, just working on gaining weight and learning how to feed. Unclear how long they'll be there but typically with preemies they stay until their original due date.

We are doing the NICU shuffle carting my toddler and all our gear down there every day which was quite difficult while DH was working and I was still very sore. A little stronger now and DH has ten days off for the holidays so it's better now. However I have to be there more often and longer as we are starting to practice nursing. My milk was slow to come in and we supplemented with donor milk until recently when they no longer qualified for it, now we have to supplement with formula. So although my supply is increasing They are also feeding more and there are two of them so I don't quite make enough to exclusively breastfeed.

Girls are slowly learning to latch and to transfer small amounts of milk from the breast so that is a big milestone! Apparently their brain centers that manage latching and suck-swallow-breath reflex are still immature and take time to come "online". It's a full time job, I literally put in a 6-7 hour shift at the the hospital and 2-3 hours at home!

Ok that's my big update! Hope everyone else is well: recovered from their deliveries, Settling into a good groove, and enjoying their babies! Huge hugs all around!

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 26/12/19, 18:45 »
    Jazjoon just wanted to pop in and say you can get medication to help increase your milk production, I used it with my twins to help as I didnít quite produce enough for 2 to fully feed and I didnít once I started the medication, itís called motillum or domperidone.

Offline mumsey2be

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 26/12/19, 23:18 »
    Wow many congrats to everyone who has landed their babies! i've ten days to go till my due date - in good nick, just a bit tired and enormous... getting a bit nervous now about being a good parent and dealing with being permanently exhausted - the next frontier! Love to everyone.

Offline jazjoon

modify
    « Reply #107 on: 27/12/19, 07:51 »
    Stacey, thanks for the pop in and tip! I'm on domperidone in fact, do think it might be helping, but am wondering if I may need to go up in dose. If you don't mind me asking... What dose were you on? How long did it take to start working for you, and how much did it increase your daily volumes?

Mumseytobe hello! I was wondering how your were doing and if you were still on the thread (and amwarsy and Mumsy35 too!)
    Glad to hear you're well and counting down to your delivery. Wishing you Happy and healthy ten days and beyond! I have the same worries as you, for when those twins come home especially.... Have done it once with a singleton so that's some comfort, but twins plus a toddler...a whole different ball game! Then I just keep reminding myself, everyone finds their way, somehow we all do figure it out in the end... It's only a short time that gets so young and life is so crazy... it will all come together, and guess what... It doesn't have to look pretty! Just get 'er done! (...And various other slogans/self-cheerleading chants. Just thought I'd share in case they're helpful to you as you count down the days!)
    Please keep us posted on your big day hun!

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 27/12/19, 09:09 »
    I was on 6 a day 3x2, make sure your drinking a lot of water also and see if you can put in baby to breast and pump at the same time, ideally if you can breast feed them first then top up, and also look at line feeding, that way they stimulate and suck at your breast while being topped up at the same time. I stayed in domoeridine until the girls were over one, but buy then i was only taking 3 per day.

Offline jazjoon

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 30/12/19, 05:33 »
    Great tips Stacey, thx! I'm planning to try line feeding as well. Seems more efficient for sure!   (When you say 3 a day, what strength is each pill by the way?)