* Author Topic: BFP- Due Date November/December 2019  (Read 7468 times)

0 Members

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
BFP- Due Date November/December 2019
« Reply #20 on: 4/06/19, 21:03 »
Welcome Tierra, wow 5 kids, you will definitely have your hands full! Congratulations!

Willow, congratulations on the 16 week scan. We just had ours, and everything looking as it should, heart, spine etc, and the sonographer said chances of something going wrong now are very low. So amazing to see how much its grown in 4 weeks and all the detail. Definitely explains why I'm starting to show a wee bump! We have decided to keep the sex a surprise, although I am convinced I'm having a boy due to lack of sickness. We are really happy either way as long as the baby is healthy. We may tell my sister this weekend as it's her bday and would be a nice pressie to know she will hopefully be an auntie, but other than that I think we'll leave it till 20 weeks. Sorry your colleagues are not more supportive and nicer but hold your head up high and ignore them. Probably you'll enjoy having a break from them when you're on mat leave  ;D

Betty, great news on the 12 week scan and hope you enjoyed your break away.

Hope everyone else is doing well

xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Willow26

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 17/06/19, 13:50 »
    So glad your scans went well Betty and Shady! Hope you're both feeling ok. Shady, did you end up telling your sister? Exciting! x

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 25/06/19, 16:19 »
    Hi ladies how is everyone?
    This must be the most quietest of threads  - I do hope everyone is well ?
    Iím good now 17+4 and still sick at times but not as bad as I was - starting to feel movements and heartbeat can now be picked up with Doppler.
    Had a sneaky 4D scan last week and even though we knew it was a girl from the nipt it was nice to see our princess being very ladylike and showing us all her girly bits lol x

Offline Willow26

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 25/06/19, 16:26 »
    Hi Betty!

SO quiet! Lovely to see a post on here!

Ah it must have been lovely to see her on a 4d scan. And to feel her move. I've not felt mine move yet because of the positioning. I can't wait! Glad you're feeling less sick :)

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow, which feels like quite a big milestone in my head. My scan isn't until next week though so it won't be until then that I feel more able to look properly at baby stuff and buy things, and feel a bit more secure in the pregnancy. Hopefully it goes well, and then I can relax a little!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

x

Offline Ozmund

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 30/06/19, 20:23 »
    Hello, I'm hoping it's okay to join this thread?

I'm just over 16 weeks with my first pregnancy that has gone beyond 10 weeks (DE ivf).  We've been extremely cautious so far, just been taking each day as it comes, but our NIPT results were low risk, our 16 week reassurance scan (we are consultant led) has looked good and I've been feeling little flutters and it's suddenly starting to feel real. 

I was told by the consultant last week that they would typically induce at 39 weeks due to higher risk of stillbirth at advanced maternal age and it's a lot to take in suddenly.  From what I can understand the initial stages (sweep, pessaries etc) sound tolerable (although the only thing I can compare it to is the pessaries used for medical management of miscarriage), but the idea of having a drip and labour possibly speeding out of control is quite worrying.  Does anyone know how long they will leave it before they want to use the drip, or whether you can request a caesarean at this point. I really want to try and have a natural labour and avoid a caesarean if at all possible but am worried things will go out of control.

Betty21 I read on one of your posts that you had been induced at 38 weeks and wondered if you would mind sharing your experience?

I also need to think about telling work this week, which is going to be interesting  ???

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 30/06/19, 22:30 »
    Hi ozmund and welcome to this thread and congratulations on your pregnancy - yes I have been induced with all mine at 38 weeks - at my hospital they try to break your waters first if they can reach them and then leave it a few hours and see how itís all going - Iím guessing this may not be possible with you if itís your first pregnancy so maybe they will just start with pesseries and then break your waters once things start moving along.
    With my last baby my waters was too high up and they couldnít reach them so they put me straight on a drip which is less painful than one would think just more awkward as you have to be on monitor to trace how baby is coping with the drip - so not so easy to pop to the loo - they start of at a low dose then speed up the drip every hour if baby tolerates it -  I had my baby within 3 hours of starting drip so all quite quick but that was my 3rd delivery. I am currently 18 weeks and consultant led again and will be induced again at 38 - itís almost nice to have date all in place and arrange around it - you never know you may go into labour naturally just before - donít worry being induced is not that bad at all xx good luck

Offline Willow26

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 30/06/19, 23:25 »
    Hi Ozmund! Welcome to the thread and congratulations on your pregnancy, and all the good results you've had recently.

Good luck with telling work, I hope it goes smoothly.

Sorry I cant help with your question about being induced as this is my first. Hopefully you'll get lots of help on here. I'm consultant led too but I'm not seeing one until 24 weeks which seems a little long but...! 20 week scan tomorrow morning, just praying everything's ok with baby boy

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 1/07/19, 09:16 »
    Good luck willow with your scan today let us know how it goes - I think you can never stop worrying can you? So youíre having a little boy (congrats) have you told anyone the sex or keeping it a surprise- I havenít told anyone that we are having a girl - only DH of course lol.
    Iíve got my 20 week scan in 2 weeks but like you donít see the consultant till 24 weeks but do see my midwife every 4 weeks which the consultant insisted on.
    X

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 1/07/19, 09:40 »
    Good luck today Willow, thinking of you! Know exactly how nervous you must be but high chances are everything is ok as it was on the 16 week scan. We have ours this week too.... and then I hope it will start feeling a whole lot more real. I would like to buy some maternity clothes as my belly is really big now and getting hard to hide but I am far too scared of jinxing it to buy anything for the baby or myself yet. I told my sister and cousin, a few close friends and have also told my manager at work who has been super supportive. Everyone has been so happy and excited for us after our long hard journey, I received some lovely gifts and it's been really emotional and heartwarming. I still feel incredibly grateful every single day. So bizarre to think we are halfway through already - it's gone so fast!

Welcome and congratulations Ozmund, so nice to have you on this thread as there aren't many of us. Sorry, this is my first pregnancy so I don't know anything about being induced and timings. I'm also consultant led and will be having a planned C section, which I think will probably be around 39 weeks.

Betty, glad everything looked good on your most recent scan and that you are feeling a lot less sick. I loved the story about your little girl showing her bits off!

xxx

Offline Willow26

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 1/07/19, 16:15 »
    Thanks Shady & Betty!

We've told everyone it's a boy Betty I think we waited so long to tell anyone I'm pregnant that now we can't contain any further news

That's so lovely that you've been met with such excitement and happiness Shady. I'm really pleased for you, you deserve it. My bump's big too, there's no way I'd still be able to hide it now Good luck for your scan this week. I have all crossed for you that it comes round quickly (I hated waiting for it) and that it goes perfectly. Let us know how it goes.

My baby boy is all good! The RELIEF!!! I guess I ought to start believing it's really happening now then! It was so lovely seeing him again, with his little face in more detail and his cute feet wiggling around. I was also expecting the scan to go on for ages and be tricky for the sonographer as I'm pretty weighty but she got all her checks done in 25 mins with no problems! It's still sinking in that he's okay, I really felt like something had happened to him as I'm not able to feel him move because of my placenta positioning...I will start trying to have more faith...but for now, I KNOW he's okay and it's the most wonderful feeling! You'll be next Shady...!