* Author Topic: BFP- Due Date November/December 2019  (Read 8666 times)

0 Members

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
modify
BFP- Due Date November/December 2019
« Reply #30 on: 1/07/19, 17:54 »
Brilliant news willow - now you can try and relax a little. My DH was a little extravagant and brought a lovely blanket for the baby - it is beautiful and I wish he hadnít spent so much but he accidentally ruined my last one that we had knitted by a lovely old lady for our last baby when he put it through a hot wash lol so I guess he was trying to replace it haha - besides that I havenít got anything for the baby as felt it was a little early. I wonít need to get much as have a loft full of pink clothes just need to go through it x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #31 on: 1/07/19, 19:54 »
    Willow, that's amazing, I'm so so happy for you! What a relief it must be and so lovely to see the baby again and how much he has grown! Now you can share the news with everyone else and enjoy them being excited for you too.

I am half dreading the scan... I guess because of previous negative/bad news scans I never can feel excited about them but I hope our minds will be put at ease. I'm not sure whether it is the baby moving or not, but I feel something weird in my tummy sometimes at night when lying still. Difficult to know when you've never experienced it before but my cousin said it's like fluttering.

Have a good week everyone else and take care of yourselves and your lovely growing bumps xxx

Offline Ozmund

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 1/07/19, 20:08 »
    Thank you Betty, Willow and Shady for your warm welcome and lovely messages.  It is so nice to be on contact with others that share some of the same worries and anxieties and also to an idea of what to expect in the next few weeks.

Thanks so much Betty for sharing your induction experience. I'm a bit of a worrier so it is very reassuring to hear your experience of the drip and that they only increase it very gradually. I'll do whatever is best for the baby, and probably need to practice some relaxation techniques to stop me panicking about something that may never happen.

It's great to hear your scan news Willow. Like you, I don't think it will really seem real until we get to that point.  I try not to think too often how sad it is we have to hold all our hopes in for such a long time. It's so amazing that it actually can work out.

I told one of my directors and his wife (also a colleague) today and they were really happy for me, so I feel a bit of a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  The other director asked me at my interview in a really roundabout (but obvious) way about plans for children so I've asked the other one to tell him on my behalf.  Also asked them to keep it a bit quiet for a few weeks (the other boss is also a blabbermouth) until we have got through our 20 week scan.

Really looking forward to 20 week scan news and other updates in the next couple of weeks.
    xx

Offline LuckyMoo

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 2/07/19, 09:55 »
    Hi all

Itís about time I joined 😊 Iíve been lurking from the start but firstly didnít want to tempt fate and then at 5 and half weeks the severe nausea started. Iíve only just started feeling better at 20 weeks tomorrow 🤢

Huge congratulations on your pregnancies.

We had a gender scan at 16 weeks and weíre having a little girl 💕 I wouldíve been happy with either but one of each as I have a son is perfect.

I have my GD test tomorrow which Iím worrying a bit about as all Iíve been eating is sugar, my appetite wonít take anything else, 20 week scan is Thursday.

Hope to read through properly soon and get to know you all better. Roll on a few more weeks when hopefully  we can all relax a little bit more.

xx

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 4/07/19, 11:29 »
    Welcome and congratulations LuckyMoo, I hope your scan went well today? And also the GD test? I was worried about mine as I had been feeling so thirsty all the time, but actually it was all fine. And eating lots of ice cream and chocolate!

Ozmund, that's great you've told your director at work and they've been understanding and supportive. I also told my boss at 16 weeks but asked them to keep it quiet until we got to 20 weeks.

Happy news - 20 week scan today and all still looking very healthy. The baby was being cheeky and hiding its face so the sonographer couldn't see if it had cleft lip or not but then she managed to sneak in round the side. DH is very proud as he likes to have his hand in front of his face too! Then it got hiccups so the photos are a bit blurry - in fact our 16 week scans are better pics to show the family. We feel really reassured, it almost feels like everything has been too easy and hard to let our guard down. But at least I'll buy some maternity jeans and book in for antenatal pilates now!

Hope everyone else is well and good luck for today Lucky Moo xxx

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 8/07/19, 17:27 »
    Hello lovely ladies!

Ive been following this forum for a while but now i know my due date. Its in the first week of Jan. But im always induced 2 weeks early so most likely due date around december time!

Im currently 14 weeks with baby number two. A singleton after a day 5 FET. We are going to be consultant lead from week 16.im currently on baby asprin and vitamins. We are anxiously waiting the results for downs syndrome testing and we are going to wait for 20week scan patiently to know the gender! We have only told our parents, my bestie and my colleagues at work.

Im unsure whether to have this whopping cough vaccination that they advise of after the 16th week! Has anyone had it? Also the diabetes check im dreading. What does it involve?

I look forward to sharing the journey with you all! Hope you are all well and bumps growing nicely!

Lots of love x

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 8/07/19, 18:36 »
    Welcome mumsy - glad you are on here!
    The whooping cough injection is from any point after 20 weeks and the midwife told me itís for the baby and not you so most important to have - Iím 20 weeks this week so will get mine done in the next week or 2 just to get it out the way lol!
    I had my GTT and in was a little long drawn out test but you go in having fasted from  9pm night before have a blood test and then drink a big glass of made up sugar drink which is ok and then wait an hour with nothing else to eat or drink then have another blood test wait another hour same again nothing to eat or drink and then final blood test!  My results took a day or 2 and was ok which did surprise me as had gestational diabetes with last 2 pregnancies and injected insulin from 12 weeks - Iím having a re test in a month to see if it has reared its ugly head again 🤪 good luck x

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 8/07/19, 19:26 »
    Hey betty

Thanks for the info! The GTT sounds awful!!! I always feel sick and have nausea if i dont eat anything i wonder how i will cope fasting. Will let you know how i get on. Hope it comes back clear for you on your next check!

So after 20 weeks is the whooping cough vaccine. I had it last when i was a child and had no issues but i guess its for protection for baby. Its been so long since i was last pregnant(9years ago) i cant even remember if i had it back then!

Thanks for sharing xxx

Offline Willow26

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 9/07/19, 11:35 »
    Hi everyone, hope you're all good.

I love the sound of the blanket your hubby bought Betty. Very sweet. My bf bought a lovely floppy soft elephant for baby boy, I've put it away until he's born but it's gorgeous. It must be nice to be sorted clothes and baby stuff wise. I have so much to buy and it's a bit daunting!

Congratulations on passing your scan milestone with flying colours Shady! I'm so pleased that your baby's doing well and that you've had some reassurance. If you're anything like I've been, you won't be able to help the excitement sneaking in now. I'm still trying to manage my expectations, but I catch myself pretty giddy with happiness at times too :)  Maternity jeans are the best, so comfortable! I'm living in mine at the moment! I know exactly what you mean about it all feeling like it's too easy/going too well. I still can't get my head around the fact I'm pregnant at all to be honest, and that I've reached so far. Half the time I'm thinking as if I'm a mum and about the nursery...plans etc and the other half I can't even believe there's a baby coming at all! People have said to me - if you think it feels unreal and unbelievable now - it feels even more so when they're in your arms. Really comforting!  ;D  I'd love to do antenatal pilates. I wasn't sure I could justify the cost as we already pay quite a hefty gym membership, but I just feel so awkward taking up the instructor's time in a normal group class with her having to give me adapted moves. I thought I could make do with youtube videos but I just don't get the same satisfaction or enjoyment from them. I might have to bite the bullet and sign up to some proper classes. Let me know how you get on with them.

Hi Ozmund, I get what you mean about having to hold in feelings and how sad that is. I think we've all been through so much we need to protect ourselves in a much greater way than those who fall pregnant easily do. It astounds me sometimes how blase some of my friends are about announcing at 8 weeks pregnant for example, buying mummy and daddy mugs and plastering it on social media, and just assuming everything will be okay. I don't begrudge them their confidence and excitement, it's wonderful that not everyone has to go through the doubt and hard routes most of us have taken, but I do find it very surprising that anyone can be so sure that they literally don't have a doubt in their mind. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all feel that pure joy at our news instead of going from one worry to the next, it must be lovely.

Hi LuckyMoo and welcome to the thread! Congratulations on your pregnancy, and on finally losing the nausea! It's a great feeling! Mine didn't improve until around 17 weeks so I get it! Woohoo, you're at 20 weeks, that's fab! Aw, a little girl, that's lovely. I hope your GD test was ok and your scan went well. Let us know how you are :)

Hi Mumsy35 and welcome! Congratulations on your pregnancy! How are you feeling? Good luck for the downs test results. Well done you on your patience waiting for the 20 week scan! We booked a private one at 16 weeks as we just couldn't wait  ;D When are you planning on telling others? We told people at 14.5 weeks. I started showing quite a bit at 15 weeks so we couldn't have waited much longer, but then I'm big to start with so my bump had a headstart ;)  I have the diabetes check in a few weeks. I was a bit wary of it so I called the hospital and they were very reassuring. I had the whooping cough at 16 weeks as that's what all the leaflets I was given said. When I got there, the nurse said she only wants to do it after 20 weeks and 'the midwives are wrong telling me 16 and they just won't listen'. I couldn't believe she'd slate them to me like that and said I was going on all the NHS info so maybe the midwives can't go against the NHS advice? Anyway, I got to the bottom of why she was saying 20 weeks, despite her being really evasive. She said it's because they prefer to do it after the 20 week scan so that if there's something wrong with the baby at the anomaly scan, people can't blame the vaccine as some do. Because my scan wasn't until 21 weeks and it takes forever to get an appointment with the nurses as my surgery, I said I wasn't prepared to wait and that I'm pro-vaccine anyway so wouldn't think to blame a vaccine if something showed up on the scan. She agreed to do it. I had thought I might feel flu-ey that night as I can do after vaccines because I have an autoimmune condition, but I was totally fine. The vaccine is to cover the baby in early months, before they can have their own vaccine at 3 months (I think it was 3 months but don't quote me). Apparently they can get whooping cough and get very ill in that bit inbetween birth and having their own vaccine, so us mums have one now to give them immunity during that time. 

Not much to report from me! I'm feeling okay, my pelvic pain has improved a bit. I finally feel able to get back to the gym which makes me feel a bit more normal, but shattered! My bump seems to have grown every time I look at it. I finally feel able to start preparing for his arrival, infact a bit anxious that there's so much to do as I keep getting told about premature babies and it wouldn't leave much time! I ordered nursery furniture yesterday and am just sorting storage around the house to free up some space - nothing major, but a big milestone for me nonetheless. I just hope I feel him kick soon.

Anyway, I hope you're all doing really well and having good weeks! Loving hearing all your news and updates!

x

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #39 on: 9/07/19, 14:03 »
    Hi everyone!

Mumsy, congratulations and welcome! I'm having the whooping cough vaccine on Friday, midwife did tell me I could book in for it anytime after 16 wks, but I only just got myself sorted. The GTT wasn't too bad really, I had my appointment at 9 am so didn't really feel the effects of fasting overnight too much and the drink they give you was so overly sweet and sickly I didn't feel like eating after having it!

Willow, that's fab that you've ordered some furniture and starting making more plans! I love that your BF bought an elephant, they are my favourite animal and I bought all my nieces soft elephants before they were born! I completely know what you mean about managing expectations, it's very surreal and hard not to get carried away. We told all our families over the weekend (it was DH's bday Sunday so he got to tell them all as his 'present'!) and also most of our close friends and it's been totally overwhelming and amazing quite how happy and emotional everyone has been! My mum cried, my MIL, FIL and SIL all cried, and then DH cried because they were all crying (and he is completely unemotional and the living definition of stiff upper lip, I have never ever seen him cry in over 10 years together). We never told them about all the IVF and losses, but I think they knew we'd had a really hard time and desperately wanted it for us. I have my first pilates class on Friday, so I'll let you know how it goes. We decided not to do NCT, so I'm using the money saved from that to do the pilates instead and hope to make friends that way. I am still running but think I will probably stop in the next couple of weeks as I'm finding it progressively harder, especially with the humidity and heat. My bladder also isn't what it once was! We also have free yoga at work on Tuesday mornings and there's only usually about 3 of us, so it's like I'm getting private tuition, which is awesome! Our instructor had a baby 9 mths ago so she's been great at adapting the exercises for me. I hope you feel the kicks soon... I feel the baby is moving around a lot more now, especially at night but still to feel that first elusive proper kick - I can't wait!

Because we spent such a shocking amount on IVF and I only get statutory paid mat leave, we're trying to beg borrow and steal what we can for the baby and probably won't buy anything new except the car seat as I know safety standards are always changing. Luckily lots of my friends have offered up stuff, and one of my best friends had secretly saved her beautiful cot for me (and her little boy is nearly 5 now)! I was so moved when she told me.... I really didn't have faith that we'd ever get here but she really did...

Hope everyone and bumps is doing well and not struggling too much in the heat. I'm finding it far too hot at night - but the fan we have is so noisy, it seems like the lesser of the two evils not to have it on! xxx