* Author Topic: BFP- Due Date November/December 2019  (Read 8230 times)

0 Members

Offline Mumsy35

modify
BFP- Due Date November/December 2019
« Reply #40 on: 9/07/19, 21:45 »
Hi ladies

Willow and shadywheat thanks for the welcomes!

Yes its been hard to keep pregnancy secret but im quite petite so not showing much! With my first i didnt show till around 5 months! With our first we wanted the gender to be a surprise ie after the birth! So we bought all neutrals for newborn and up to 6 months!but this time we really want to know so waiting till 20 week scan!

Willow thanks for the insight and info regarding whopping cough vaccine. Will most likely wait to see what consultant recommends in 2 weeks. Id rather just get it out the way also!

Shadywheat that is so sweet that you mentioned your news at your DH birthday this is what we wanted to do! It must be so lovely to announce after all the hurdles of getting this far! The fact they all cried shows how much love and joy they have for you both!

With regards to the GTT will ask if i can do test in the am so can fast in the night.

I just found out a few minutes ago that either my MIL or FIL have told my sis in law! Which means the entire extended family will know now! Im gutted! we wanted to surprise them when we plan to meet in a few weeks. Im upset they gave our good news away when we told them not too. My SIL sent flowers and chocs with a card of congrats. I dont know whether im angry and upset or happy. Im not so close to her so i dont know what to say or feel. She very rarely keeps in touch with me! My hub is not impressed as it was meant to be our little surprise! It doesnt matter anymore i guess as others would have found out eventually but im more hurt the fact they told when they said they wouldnt. My SIL apparently guessed. How could you have guessed when i live 8 hours drive away and we rarely keep in touch. Its obvious somebody told! Aargh rant over!

Well it has certainly taught me to be careful who to trust in future. Im glad we delayed telling my in laws till three months. I told my mum after my BFP and she still as not told anyone as i had said not to! Big difference between your own mum and in laws!

On a positive note how soon did everyone feel their baby moving? Im coming up to 15 week and i feel something in my tummy already! But dont know if its gas or the baby! Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 10/07/19, 12:04 »
    Hello ladies!

Please can I join? It's SO lovely to see so many on here with lots of positive news and excitement. I still can't quite believe I am joining this board

Quick summary on me. Currently 14w+5days with identical twins (first pregnancy)!! Safe to say it was a MASSIVE shock to us. After a failed, terrible round 1st round in November, we then discovered I had a thyroid issue so second cycle was delayed until that come under control. This took us to April when we started again and had a much better round resulting in 3 x top grade embryos. We had 1 5day hatching blast put back on the 24th April and low and behold the little bugger split in two!
    To be completely honest, we were both SO happy. I almost felt as if I knew it would happen. I have always loved the idea of having twins Ė my sister has ALWAYS said she thought I would have twins too which is odd. Now reality has set in, we are of course scared, anxious, basically s*tting ourselves BUT more than anything we canít wait
    We did use DS due to DH having Sertoli Cell only and that did worry me at first, in terms of how he will cope etc but he is so excited and looking forward to them arriving that it hardly crosses mine or his mind anymore. I know there will be hard times to come once they arrive etc but we will deal with that when it comes
    We have actually been quite open about our treatment etc (not about using DS) so have told our close friends and family already
    So far we have had our 7 week scan and 12 week dating scan plus a private one in between and all seems fine so far. I am still anxious about complications etc as we were told it looked like they were in the same sac..but the sonographer at the 12 week scan thought she could see a membrane in between. I will have this confirmed at our 1st consultant scan which is on the 23rd and will then be scanned every 2 weeks to keep an eye on them. Twin to twin transfusion is a risk I am most worried about but I did see a fetal medicine doc at the hospital yesterday and he reassured me it is quite rare.
    The main thing he told us to be concerned with now is preparing for when they are here!! It is SO daunting thinking of having to buy 2 of everything. We are very lucky in that our parents and family are so generous and have already offered to buy prams, cots etc which will be a massive help.

Even almost 15 weeks I am still being sick EVERY morning which is horrible. I am mostly ok once I am sick, but it does sometimes stick around for the day. Then thereís the usual getting out of breath so easily etc. I really MUST start some exercise. I am normally very active but have been so ill over the first few months I just couldnít being myself to do anything

SO that is us in a nutshell! I have scanned over everybodyís updates and not noticed if anybody is due twins? Or has any already?
    Anyway looking forward to keeping in touch with you all as we navigate this crazy journey! Xxx

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 10/07/19, 12:05 »
    Oops. Meant to add. My official due date is 4th Jan but as it's twins we are aiming for delivery at 36 weeks but could be earlier. So looking at end of Nov / Early Dec. xx

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 12/07/19, 00:30 »
    Hi Amwarsy! Great to see you in this thread! Sorry to hear the sickness is still there. Im hoping by coming into second trimester the symptoms will slowly go away! My due date is 7th Jan so near to yours but im most likely going to be early but you never know!

I still get nausea in the evening. Im just hoping it improves as time progresses!

Hub has booked a babymoon end of july. Trouble is its about 5 and half hours drive and in wales! Im peeing so often so hub is fully aware there will be a few stops on the way I am getting bad lower back pain & take up half the bed with two support pillows! if i sit too long in one position my back aches! Oh the perks of pregnancy!

Hope your doing better than me in that aspect! Consultant appointment in just a 1 week not sure if it will involve an abdominal scan or not! Awaiting GTT and trying to enjoy the pregnancy!

Hope all other ladies&bumps are doing well xxx

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 15/07/19, 14:25 »
    Hey Mumsy35. Hope you're doing well. Ye...3 weeks into my 2nd trimester now and it's still very much present. Mainly of a morning although Friday was a BAD day. :-s

Hope yours improves soon!

Aww nice to hear you have booked a nice trip away. Regardless of how long it will take you to get there :-D We're off to Ibiza early Sept for just over a week. Will be a very different trip to our usual holidays there but really looking forward to it. We have a wedding to go to over there and then will spend the rest of the time chilling and i can NOT wait!

I am having some back ache, mainly when I am on my feet for long period. But sleeping is ok so far. I am starting pregnancy yoga on Thursday so hoping that will help strengthen my back etc. Also have a slight problem with weeing when im being sick (sorry if TMI!) so i MUST start those pelvic floor exercises. LOL

Good luck with your consultant app. I am excited / nervous about ours next week! Hubby has gone away today for a whole week :( but i have a few plans to keep me busy then once he is back, we have our scan the following morning.

Hope everyone else is ok! x

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 15/07/19, 16:19 »
    Hi girls - hope everyone is well?
    Iíve got my 20 week scan tomorrow at 20+4 and ready to see This  little lady again!
    Nice to hear you have all booked trips away I also have booked a week away abroad first week of sept where I will be 27 weeks so I now have found out I will need Doctors letter to say Iím fit and well to travel as on my return I will be 28+2 and I need to cover any eventuality as I know how insurance try to get out of anything. It seems I have to get this in writing within 2 weeks of travel otherwise wonít mean anything if god forbid anything was to go wrong x

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 15/07/19, 16:28 »
    Hi betty
    Good Luck for tomorrow. Yes, good point about the letter. Ill only be 22 weeks when we fly but do need to make sure we need to inform the insurance company etc.
    I am sure all will be ok but best to be safe :) x

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 15/07/19, 16:39 »
    Good luck for tomorrow Betty! It's so nice to see them looking a bit bigger and wiggling around on the 20 wk scan, starts to feel more real.

Mumsy and AmWarsy hope your sickness passes really soon. I can't imagine how horrible that must be. My cousin is about 9wks at the moment and throwing up about 10 times a day. Sounds really miserable.

Mumsy, I think I started to feel some movement from the baby around 17/18 weeks. He/she is becoming more active now though - especially late in the afternoon and also at night when I go to bed. It's really helping to reassure me and hopefully I'll feel kicks soon. I think they were quite excited at the Fed/Djokovic match yesterday - lots and lots of wiggling for the Fed!

We are looking to book to go away first week of Sep too, but because of the doctor's letter thing it will probably be Cornwall or Devon, as I don't want them to say no at the last minute. Hoping that there will still be some sunshine then though!

Anyone know what they actually do at the 25 wk midwife apt? I think my mum would like to come to something with me and be involved as it's her first (and likely to be only) grandchild, trouble is now we've had all the scans so I don't really know what to offer her! xxx

Offline Wishing4miracles

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 15/07/19, 20:54 »
    Hi ShadyWheat,

I just had my 25 week midwife appointment so thought Id share what happened. She will check the outcome of the 20 week scan by reading the letter, she checks for any other updates from hospital apts you may or may not have had, checks that youve had your whooping cough vaccine (if youve agreed to one), asks if youve had you matb1 certificate otherwise she will issue you one (you need that for your employer to get your maternity leave pay), blood pressure check, the usual urine test, asks about your wellbeing and if there are any questions, if youve booked in for antenatal classes, the most exciting thing was her measuring the size of the uterus and charting that in the white book and then her getting a handhelp doppler to listen to babys heartbeat so this was lovely to hear as always, apart from that its just heres your next appointment and see you in 3 weeks again type job.

So if you think your mom would enjoy listening to little ones heart beat definately take her along so she can share the experience :) 

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 17/07/19, 14:38 »
    Hi Wishing4miracles - thank you very much, this is really helpful! It's a little what I suspected, but she may like to listen to the heartbeat so I'll see what she says.... xxx