* Author Topic: BFP- Due Date November/December 2019  (Read 8664 times)

0 Members

Offline mumsey2be

modify
BFP- Due Date November/December 2019
« Reply #60 on: 1/08/19, 08:23 »
Hello all,

Betty what an amazing experience! I feel a bit shy of doing a 4d scan - i imagine i would get so attached and then scared! It sounds like a wonderful thing, with so much detail! Cor! Will ponder.

AmWarsy - aren't the weeks leaping on? Amazing. Sorry to hear you are still so sick. It must be very hard to stay focussed on work etc! Have you told everyone now? We are just starting to let people know one by one, beyond the very immediate fam and friends who knew about treatment.

Mumsy35 - hope the 20week scan brings pleasure and insight! What are your exercises? I could do with doing at least SOMETHING> i have become a positive sloth!

ASM, back in Italy, we are off to Verona for the weekend and then to Lake Garda for a few days break. My feet swelled up something crazy last Thursday in london and only went down a day or two ago - think a good massage from the hubby helped them. I had to go to Clarks for emergency new shoes!! Met with my friend who is due the day after me, it's nice to have a chum en route to share info and experiences with.

The morning gas!!! I have such trumpy mornings! It's v. embarrassing, though hubs thinks its hilarious! Apart from this, I am 18 weeks tomorrow and feeling pretty good! Bought some maternity bras and leggings and a couple of tops. I guess we need to stay warm in winter - and a couple of simple baby things but havent done much else yet. Have you?

Also spoke to another doula who seemed much friendlier but slightly less experienced. Have one more to chat with today.

Hope you all have a good day!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 1/08/19, 18:11 »
    Hi all

Hope you are all doing well and survived last week's heatwave - what a time to be pregnant!

AmWarsy, so sorry to hear that sickness is still progressing but hopefully it will ease off soon and you can begin to enjoy the experience more. I hope the weeks pass quickly until your holiday!

Betty, the 4D scan sounds amazing, will have to see if I can convince DH it's worth the while!

Mumsy35 hope the exercises help with the pain. I'm still not really big enough to have any back or muscle pain which I'm somewhat grateful for. The 20 weeks scan is so exciting (but also nerve wracking) - but now that you know that the Downs testing has come back low risk that must be a big relief.

Mumsey2be - Italy sounds lovely now, I'm so jealous! It's great to have people you know who are expecting around the same time, I have a friend due a few weeks before and my cousin is due 3 mths after so it's going to be really nice! Good luck with the Doula. OMG, yes, the digestive problems. I feel permanently bloated and gassy and keep having really bad diarrhoea. I don't really know what to eat that isn't irritating my stomach. Was a bit worried about the baby not having enough nutrition but it seems to be wiggling around lots so hopefully its pretty fine. Have decided not to buy anything for the baby until 30 weeks. But we moved furniture around upstairs so we have now at least decided which room will be the nursery (probably not to be decorated until after they arrive, but at least we can store things there that we will need)

Willow, how are you getting on?

I'm 24 weeks today, which is viability... and it feels like a major milestone, but also like something more exciting should be happening! Have a week's staycation now and going to see my family for a few days which will be a combination of nice but also probably a bit strange as I feel like they're fussing too much. My grandmother is making me do a weird ceremony for good luck and then also sent me messages about not looking at the eclipse a few weeks ago  ;D DH has flat out refused to come as he doesn't want to be fussed over!

Offline mumsey2be

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 4/08/19, 15:36 »
    ShadyWheat sounds fun your end! Bless your witchy granny! How did it go?

It must feel good to get to 24 weeks - i guess you confidence grows with every scan but i understand that sense of not wanting to take too  much action to prepare too soon. Sounds like you are on schedule. I notice from your signature that after a long ordeal of treatment you fell pregnant naturally!Wow - how does that feel as an experience? Big hugs. M2B

AFM loitering by the pool at Lake Garda this weekend. Might have a go on the little slides at the aqua park having been told categorically not to go on any of the fun rides by the hubby. I googled it and the jury is out on rollercoasters but still...!

Apart from crazy gas and puffy feet I am doing well!

Offline TierraFirma

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 4/08/19, 19:26 »
    Hi everyone

Not been on in ages it seems, had a little bleed at 19 weeks and didnít really feel like talking just in case things didnít work out but so far so good, 22 weeks now and wish things would speed up haha donít think Iím going to settle until baby is here.

Just wanted to say hi and read up on all your posts so I can have an idea of what to say haha

X

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 5/08/19, 10:17 »
    Hello tierra- sorry to hear about your bleed but glad all had stopped itís all such a worry isnít it - I had a bad bleed in my last pregnancy and really thought it was game over but he is now 18 months old and emptying a packet of wotsits over the floor as I type!
    Iím now 23+3 and sickness has returned and I canít actually believe it - yesterday got so bad it put me to bed for a hour in the afternoon- today Iíve felt very queasy so taking things easy.
    Tomorrow I have my 2nd GTT test and  seeing my consultant and my whooping cough injection so full on day - just hope the sickness isnít too bad whilst Iím going through the 3 hour blood test haha!
    Started to buy the odd thing - some vests and a little dress that I couldnít resist in mothercare - I do actually have a loft full of stuff so will need to go through it all once the weather cools down - hope everyone is well xx

Offline TierraFirma

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 8/08/19, 16:26 »
    Hi Betty 👋

Bleeding has stopped but Iíve had brown marking ever since the bleed 🤷‍♀️ If thatís normal as never had it before but being positive that itís just the ectropion playing with my sanity haha. I get bleeding during sex due to the ectropion but this was just out the blue so caught me off guard and itís scary, Iíve never bled before like this so thought this ainít good and I donít think Iíll fully relax till baby is here.

I had my whooping cough 2 weeks ago and it bloody hurt haha I donít remember it being that sore before, my arm had a big hard sore lump for days after. I donít know what GTT Test is lol

I havenít bought anything yet, Iím a cautious person so wonít buy anything till around 8 months pregnant, I only last year got rid of all my baby stuff like the cot, carrycot, Walker etc as I really wasnít intending to do ivf again so figured I wouldnít be having more kids  ;D ;D life really knows when to do the unexpected.

This year I will be glad to be over if Iím honest, this baby wasnít planned so feel Iíve been taken a back and not really had chance to enjoy it if that makes sense. In the last 6 months Iíve had a child diagnosed with adhd, one wothbtype 1 diabetes, my mum has leukaemia and Iím having a baby  🤯 roll on 2020

Well thatís me all moaned out haha hope everyone is having a great week and enjoying their pregnancies x

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 8/08/19, 17:38 »
    Oh poor you tierra I can see why you would want this year to hurry up !
    So had my consultant appointment yesterday and my blood pressure has started to rise and at the higher range to what they would prefer so now being monitored fortnightly before possible meds to try and bring it down.
    Had my GTT ( gestational diabetes check) whilst I was there and had a phone call this morning to say you now have diabetes so got to go back to hospital tomorrow to collect insulin- had it with last 3 babies so not really a shock that I have it with this one - just more annoying.
    Consultant said a definite No to me going away and said Iím far to high risk to fly as now  BP, diabetes and having to have daily blood thinning injections she said you cannot possibly go - I had booked and paid so now to try and cancel and claim off insurance-,she did do me a letter to send off saying I have been advised not to fly long haul.

Offline TierraFirma

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 9/08/19, 21:40 »
    Betty

I donít think Iíve had a diabetes check or at least Iím not aware of them checking haha. Iíve never had it so have no clue about it but by the sounds of it your a pro now haha

Fingers crossed you get your money back from the holiday, are you able to move the holiday a few months from original date or will you still not be allowed to fly? When are you due

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 9/08/19, 22:37 »
    Hi ladies

I have been absent for ages sorry!
    Betty im glad your not going long haul with bp and diabetes. I hope you get your money back from your holiday. Hope all gets better with sickness after taking the bp and insulin medications!

Amwarsy hows the sickness any better? Not long for both our 20 week scans!

TierraFirma its scary with the bleed isnt it. Glad all is ok now though and all is well. I too am holding out on buying anything till much much later. Perhaps around 8th month like yourself! Sorry to hear about your mum with leukemia im sure the prospect of having another grandchild will make her have something to look forward to.

Mumseytobe hope you get a lovely doula soon and avoid those slides please! Italy sounds fab. My mum is booking to go next week and wanted me, DH and DD to come but i cannot travel anymore im so tired after the Wales trip!

Shadywheat so lovely to hear about 24 week scan its another milestone reached!

Afm back from 10 day trip to wales absolutely shattered and not making any more long trips. My body has taken its toll ladies! Had physio and pregnancy massage which has helped my pelvic pain enormously! Thinking to invest in a yoga ball as pelvic pain may re occur later. Have open physio appointment if it returns.

I had bleeding after the long drive, midwife recommended urgent check and went to A&E. Was there for 6 hours in total. Didnt leave till they did swabs and ultrasound and heartbeat of baby and all was normal. It was such a big scare and huge relief. Consultant guessed gender at being a boy but said 50/50 and not to sue him if he was wrong! I took it easy remaining few days and plenty bed rest. Really any ladies travelling please please check with consultant or MW before travelling its not worth it. The bleed was totally random as everything was clear from the swabs. It was due to the long journey my body just suffered.

Have 20week scan next week and eager to know the gender. Have unexpected guests coming next week too and cannot be bothered to entertain. Hub said to mention we will be going away elsewhere! Have decided to do whopping cough vaccine till after 20 week scan.

I really feel tired these days and napping alot! Constipation has been driving me mad i really need something from gp to help so thinking lactulose may do the trick.

Hope everyone else is well and sorry if i missed anyone! Love to everyone and bumps! Xxx

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 11/08/19, 19:16 »
    Hello ladies!

Mumsy, that does sound scary with the bleed, so glad everything is ok and that you were able to have a scan and see that the baby is ok. Exciting that your 20 week scan will soon be here and then you will know whether you're having a boy or girl!  We were thinking of doing a bigger drive for our holiday but have now decided a shorter one (to the Lake District) will be better - also with my bladder, I didn't fancy the long drive to Cornwall!

Tierrafirma, sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but wow, a miracle pregnancy after you had decided you weren't having anymore! That's amazing! Glad the bleeding has stopped, but totally know what you mean about not being able to completely relax until the baby is here.

Betty, that's such a shame about your holiday and having to cancel. I'm sorry. Hopefully you can get the money back on insurance and plan a baby moon closer to home?

Mumsytobe - I managed to get out of the ceremony this visit, but it sounds like my gran is determined for me to have one so maybe it will be in September!!! I got fed like a suckling pig while I was at home as both she and my mum seem convinced I'm looking thin (I'm really not!). Yes, it's funny how life works out - we were literally going to start our last OE cycle and then move to DE later this year and then this miracle pregnancy happened. Both DH and I are still in shock really as numerous doctors had told me I was pretty much a hopeless case, so it's still bizarre to get our heads around. I'm feeling a lot calmer now we've passed the 20 wk mark but DH is still a bundle of nerves about something going wrong so I'm finding it difficult to get him to commit to buying anything or planing names yet. Hope you enjoyed Lake Garda and steered clear of the roller coasters!

25 weeks now and had my midwife apt on Friday which was fine, next one in 3 weeks. She suggested I contact the IBD clinic about my diarrhoea just in case and apparently I should probably be getting extra growth scans with a history of Crohn's that no-one has suggested as yet! Hoping to get a consultant apt in the next few weeks so that I can get everything joined up. Other than that I'm feeling pretty good, no aches and pains as yet, and the little button is wriggling around lots so now DH has been able to feel it too which I think has reassured him a lot. I've started swimming instead of running but I'm so rubbish at it! Also as I've had this week off I've been trying to do some easy yoga exercises at home too.