* Author Topic: BFP- Due Date November/December 2019  (Read 7506 times)

0 Members

Offline jazjoon

modify
BFP- Due Date November/December 2019
« Reply #80 on: 20/10/19, 19:40 »
Hi all! Oh my where does the time go? Hard to believe I posted here ten days ago!

Amwarsy I'm going C for sure and did so last time too with DD. I had a badly dislocated SI joint (pelvis) years ago and the therapist and Dr who helped me, highlyRecommended I do CS when delivering (they knew I was TTC). It didn't take much convincing (but it did take a little) to have my Canadian drs Sign me up for a scheduled C.

Anyway DD ended up being frank breech so it was likely to be CS even if I'd planned for vaginal. I have the same issue now, potential pelvic trauma (and twins are stubbornly transverse) So it will be CS again for me.

TBH I'm glad, yes I kind of want to experience labor but there are pros and cons to both. You hear that CS is much harder recovery but I dunno, vaginal can have long term effects as well (such as my friend who was absolutely torn up and still wees when she laughs ...and her son is 6!)

Not to dissuade anyone from vaginal delivery of twins!!... But I read about stats where 2db twin is more likely to need an emergency C etc and I just don't want that stress and worry. I was really pleased with how my first CS went, it was calm and lovely, There was music, every one was very peaceful and positive, very relaxed, I did delayed cord clamping and immediate skin to skin, etc... I read up on this a lot prior to my decision and it really is true what they say, that a scheduled C is a very different experience than an emergency C. So I'm actually looking forward to my next believe it or not!

Currently my OB is planning to deliver me at 38 weeks but I have a feeling the ICP/cholestasis (And just the way twins like to come early) is going to shake things up a bit in the planning department... I only hope I can make it up 36, that would be my dream come true!

Shady glad to hear your Crohn's is under control now! Sounds like things were tough for a while! I also have autoimmune issues and am on 50mg prednisone! What is your dose? . And yes I'm all sorted With baby goods but like you it's mostly secondhand items from friends or our version of Craigslist...I certainly had some superstitious feelings about stocking up so early on ...but I actually think it helped me process the "twins" thing, plus I knew we'd be moving homes later in the pregnancy (meaning, NOW!!), And I also was worried they might come really early , what with the cholestasis and the twins thing and I did not want to get caught unprepared! I do think it was easier to commit to buying things when they are secondhand ...and when one might miss out on a good deal!

Amwarsy thanks for asking about DH! He is doing quite well now, though still a little weak from treatments and surgery... The chemo wiped out virtually all the cancer, and the surgery removed everything that was left (very minor superficial stuff)... All the other tissues from the surgery came back negative for cancer. So that was the best outcome we were praying for because it puts him in the very best category for long term prognosis - 85-90%! One crazy thing was they found a totally separate and unrelated tumor of a completely different type in his prostate (Other tumor was bladder) and they removed all that too. I feel like we maybe dodged a bullet there because his prostate cancer had virtually no symptoms so who knows how long that would have gone unnoticed and maybe spreading! So I feel grateful on many levels for that!

BeMama you're at my dream goal 36 weeks, it must be so exciting to be there! I never made it there with DD due to the cholestasis (only to 34+3) so I don't know what it's like... Are you feeling Pretty heavy and ready by now, or still quite comfortable? My sister's first was overdue 3 weeks so maybe it's true you'll go a bit longer! Who's next in line that might overtake you lol?

Betty not long now for you, Just 3 weeks till your induction... Wow! Must be exciting. Ever I'll bet you're ready to be done with those injections. I only do two a day (lovenox) and it feels like a lot! Do you get to stop as soon as your deliver? I have to continue for 6 weeks post partum ...it seems risk of clots actually increases after delivery.

Gotta run now and get back to PACKING
This is sooooo challenging for me right now. Belly feels very tight and heavy most of the day and I have a hard time doing Normal things and taking care of DD and household... Much less stuffing things into dozens of boxes! Hubby can't do a thing due to major abdominal surgery... We moved in ten days ack!! Fortunately my aunt is driving up from New Jersey, bless her heart, and spending a week with us to help me!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 25/10/19, 09:24 »
    Hi ladies - hope everyone is feeling well ?
    Had my last midwife appointment yesterday at 35wks  as consultant next time and then induction - she was a different midwife to my usual one as she had left to go on maternity leave herself, started off ok but then she was asking if I had packed hospital bag etc and I said not yet and then she started moaning and talking down to me ( she was about 22 lol) she commented on the bruises all over my belly and asked how on earth I got them - Iím pretty convinced she thought I had been self harming or something - I explained that I inject 12 times a day and I bruise easily ( not sure she actually believed me ! But she could have read my notes to prove!)
    I have blood in my urine which she is sending off to see if I have  infection which she said can take upto a week to come back - baby is still breech and now has a week to turn - she said donít slouch on the sofa and keep mobile to help baby turn - I was sat there thinking yeah like I just slouch on the sofa with a 5, 3, and 1 year old - canít believe how rude people can be - anyway consultant on 5th with final growth scan and then d day 😜 x

Offline jazjoon

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 27/10/19, 04:16 »
    Oh Betty she sounds really annoying, sorry you had to deal with that. Someone really needs to observe this girl and give her more supervisor feedback. At least you won't have to deal with her around your induction.  Hope the culture comes back clear or at least with some clear answers. And fingers crossed baby turns any day now! Otherwise would they offer you an external version? CS? Or just induce and deliver breech?
    Sending good thoughts and flippy baby vibes!

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 1/11/19, 16:58 »
    Hi all - how is everyone doing?

Betty, hope your infection has cleared and that the baby decides to turn around! Good luck for your growth scan next week....

Jazjoon, so sorry to hear about your husband, that sounds like a hugely traumatic situation, but so glad they managed to get everything with the surgery and chemo. I hope is regaining his strength and becoming ready to meet the new arrival!

BeMama, any news yet? I guess you are a couple of days away from your due date still...

Just started my mat leave and am so excited! It's not really sunk in at all that I won't be working for the next 8-9 mths! But I'm sure a baby will be lots more work, just in different ways  ;D Also had my final midwife apt this afternoon and so I guess now it's just about waiting. I have lots of nice plans for next week including meeting up with friends, getting my hair cut, going to the cinema and for dinner  (as I won't be able to do any of those things for a while) and am going to start working my way through that long Netflix list! I just finished blitzing Succession (which is on Sky/NowTV) and is amazing if anyone is looking for recommendations.....

Take care and happy weekend xxx

Offline BEmama

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 3/11/19, 19:13 »
    It's my due date today! No baby yet, so it's still possible that one of you catches up (or has done so already), although I would really like to be getting there soon!  ^pray^

ShadyWheat - oh that sounds wonderful to be off for that long! I'm sure you'll get used to it in no time, and like you say, once baby is there you will be plenty busy. Enjoy!

Betty- I hope you are doing well and that baby turned for you!

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 8/11/19, 10:44 »
    Any news yet BEmama ? Hope all is well and you now safely have baba in your arms x
    Just a quick update from me - today Iím 37weeks, I was admitted into hospital on Monday with breathing problems and had heart scan and chest X-ray which showed I had fluid round the heart and been on a treatment plan to sort that out - I am allowed home today for the weekend but have to be back in hospital on Monday for early induction- they want baby out due to the pressures it will put on my heart - baby was weighing 6.4 at yesterdayís scan so good weight but not too big considering Iím diabetic!
    So now for a quiet weekend with hubby and kids before it all kicks off.
    Hope everyone is keeping well xx

Offline BEmama

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 9/11/19, 10:40 »
    Betty21- Oh that must have been scary! Good that you have a plan in place and that baby is a nice weight. I hope you can enjoy your weekend, and that it will all go well on Monday!  ^hugme^

I'm at 40+6 today and still nothing, so you might very well be the first to have your baby in this thread!  :)

Offline jazjoon

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 10/11/19, 21:17 »
    Hi ladies. Looks like we're gearing up for a round of baby announcements soon... So very exciting!!! ...especially nice for us in the back of the pack to see our frontrunners closing in on the end of their marathon 🙂🙂

Bemama 41 weeks hey? I guess you predicted it correctly that you'd be overdue! Sending you hugs and good wishes for a smooth delivery ...starting soon!!!😆

Betty that does sound a bit scary and glad they have a plan. Will be thinking of you and how you're likely to be welcoming your sweet bubs into your arms tomorrow (Monday)!!! Good luck with the induction I'm sure it will go smoothly ...I hear they go best when planned as yours is 🙂

Shadywheat Hope you're settling into and enjoying that mat leave. It will be nice to have a bit of self care done won't it. I just did that in time for my 50th bday dinner this weekend and it felt great, now also I know where to go in our new neighborhood to get a touch up pre-birth (yikes! Writing that suddenly made it feel so close! Well 2 more months (I hope) but that doesn't feel that long at all!) Also thanks for the kind words about hubs. Yes very stressful and it was a huge leap of faith to proceed with FET then absorb the concept of twins ...but it's all working out as we prayed for and maybe "choosing life" this way was part of the cure eh? He is getting stronger yes all the time which is good because I'm getting less mobile and able to do things by the day!

Amwarsy, mumseytobe, mumsy35 how are you doing there? Love to hear updates from you!

AFM I'm having scans every two weeks and the girls are staying on their growthCurves at 50th percentile - which I'm delighted about because I'm still having a hard time eating enough and putting on the recommended amount of weight... Quite important for twins it seems so had been worrying me a bit. The big news though is that my bile acid levels seem to be responding to the medication and aren't  climbing anymore... In fact last test they have even dropped to normal range! Making me hopeful that I might actually get these babies to term! (For twins that is, ie 37 weeks)

Have a lovely evening everyone!

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #88 on: 11/11/19, 15:17 »
    Good luck for today Betty! Thinking of you and looking forward to hearing about your new arrival.

BeMama, ah the waiting must be getting frustrating! Hopefully the little one will decide to leave its comfy place soon.

Jazjoon, it sounds like life is pretty hectic for you and your family but it's great that these new arrivals gave your husband a new lease of life and some good news. Babies are funny that way! Please try not to worry too much about putting on enough weight, babies manage to get what they need from your nutrients even if you are struggling to eat or keep food down. I was so worried when I was having bad flaring and I have hardly put on any weight in the pregnancy (in fact if you look at my arms and legs they are skinnier!!) but the bump has managed to grab what it needs and grow very healthily.

Our section has been moved to next week as another couple were higher priority than us. However, maybe the extra time will be a bonus! Everything in our house is suddenly breaking - so tomorrow I have a plumber, a washing machine repair man, a boiler man coming.... oh and a cleaner (because they couldn't come today), and my mum to help me cook and fill the freezer!!! It's going to be a fun day.... I have been feeling a bit crampy and getting a fair few Braxton Hicks across the bump in the past few days. I really hope bubba stays put till next week! x

Offline jazjoon

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 11/11/19, 18:29 »
    Just jumping on to check on Betty and wish her luck!

Shady thanks for the encouraging words they really help! I'll try to stop worrying about the weight. And yes babies are funny how they pull you into life. As you say, they seem to bring more energy and good luck (even as they tax you to the max lol). Also: Didn't realize your section was going to be so soon! It does sound like you could use the the extra time to get all those things sorted this week. Can you imagine if all that had happened immediately post partum?? When is your new section date?

BeMama any news?? Between you and Betty I'm on tenterhooks here!! (Wouldn't it be funny if you and Betty delivered on same day?)