* Author Topic: BFP- Due Date November/December 2019  (Read 8674 times)

0 Members

Offline jazjoon

modify
BFP- Due Date November/December 2019
« Reply #90 on: 12/11/19, 02:56 »
PS... Just realized I'm 30 weeks today! Only 4 weeks shy of when DD was born! Just read that each baby is about 3 lbs and 15-16 inches. Add 2-3 lbs for an extra placenta and sac and amniotic fluid. So basically I have the equivalent of an 9 lb 32 inch baby in me. (!!!)
( No wonder I feel so uncomfortable lately)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline BEmama

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 12/11/19, 08:48 »
    Jazjoon - That is a lot of baby to be carrying! It's awesome that they are staying on their percentile. I can imagine being worried about the weight, but it sounds like your body is doing a great job supporting and growing them!

Shadywheat - Oh no, that's terrible timing for everything to break... I hope your little one stays put until the right time and that you can get everything sorted.

I am 41+2 today and still no baby, so I think Betty will have 'won' and have the first baby here. I hope she's doing okay and that it all went well for her. We can all do this! Bring on the babies!  ;D

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 12/11/19, 22:56 »
    Hi everyone- well I have a baby Girl - born today weighing 6lb 7oz, all went well at being induced and labour lasted 3 hours.
    She is absolutely adorable and looks just like her 2 sisters, you forget how tiny they are - her little features!
    Anyway now I will wait for everyone else on here to have there babies - good luck x

Offline jazjoon

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 13/11/19, 06:03 »
    Betty!! I've been stalking the thread for news from you... Huge congrats on the birth of your beautiful baby girl.❤️❤️ A Scorpio! (Hey we share the same birthday Nov 12 .)
    So glad the induction and labor was smooth. How are you feeling? How did her sisters react to meeting the baby? You are officially our trailblazer now 🙂.

Bemama you called it! And bring on the babies indeed...  I guess it's you next or Shadywheat? Your running neck and neck for now. 🙂 Any sense of "action" yet? You know, my friend swears by acupuncture to get things going, it worked for both her births. Just sayin 😁 (Oh and many thanks for the reassurances by the way... Helps me stress a bit less about the weight...)

I'm going to bed and dream of tiny toes and that sweet baby smell... For all of us in turn and in good time!

Offline BEmama

modify
    « Reply #94 on: 15/11/19, 10:36 »
    Betty, ah, so wonderful! Congratulations on your little baby girl!  ^hugme^ It sounds like a really fast labour as well, how are you feeling? Well done you!

Jazjoon, I'm glad you can stress a little bit less at least, I know it's easier said than done! I have had foot reflexology done, not acupuncture yet though, if it goes on much longer I might try it out of sheer desperation! 41+5 today and nothing is happening... Some day she'll have to come out, right???!!!

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 16/11/19, 10:45 »
    Thanks guys for the congrats - she is a real dream baby and sleeps so well 3rd night and she slept 7 hours I couldnít believe my luck and really needed the sleep myself so I certainly didnít complain- feeding every 4 hours during the day and Iím trying to express coz she is struggling to latch on because my boobs are so heavy and full - she drinks 2oz at a feed and midwife did first home visit yesterday and she has only lost 4% of birth weight which apparently they can lose up to 12% so that was good so she is now 6lb 3 - tomorrow is day 5 and heel prick day which I hate!
    Her sisters love her and have taken to her so well - her brother who is 22 months has absolutely amazed us being so gentle and wanting to hold her wipe her bottom and asking to  ď cuggle ď her, he has had no experience of babies at all so his reaction has amazed us.

Poor you BEmama I bet you are getting so fed up now have you been given an induction date yet?  You really must be constantly symptom spotting - hope you pop soon x

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 16/11/19, 21:52 »
    Congratulations Betty! Sounds like she is slotting in like she's always been there in your family - so lovely that all her siblings already adore her. That's amazing about the 7 hour sleep too - I just hope I'm as lucky!

BEmama have you had any sweeps yet? Have you been given a date for induction if she doesn't make a move soon?

Feel pretty sorted at long last, DH got all the stuff down from the loft today and the only thing we need to figure out is how the borrowed car seat goes in the car. Baby was looking small again yesterday at my final midwife appointment, she measured it smaller than it was a few weeks ago by scan, which makes no sense, However, she said it's probably because the baby is literally jammed up against my breast bone, there is no room left inside me and its really difficult to get an accurate measurement with just a tape measure. They would have ideally tried to get me rescanned but the soonest apt was Monday so no point. It's hopefully coming out Monday either way and then we'll see how big he/she is!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well and looking forward to hearing about more of the new arrivals xxx

Offline jazjoon

modify
    « Reply #97 on: 19/11/19, 02:46 »
    Betty so happy for you again, lovely that you came on here to update with more details... My goodness she certainly sounds like a dream baby 7 hours sleep and feeding so well already. Isn't that a nice break for you and DH considering you have three other little ones to caretake as well 😁 Sooooo cute hoW your other DDs and your son are so sweet to her and DS cuggles her lol. Love that word. My DD is just a little older than him, 28 months so your story makes me hopeful she'll be the same when her sisters arrive! How are you feeling yourself? Recovering slowly? Getting your bearings? Do the newborn skills come back easily ...I hope? Or is always a complete shock to the system to be back there? 😆

Shadywheat I gather your induction was today?? Thinking of you and hoping all went smoothly and (relatively) easily for you!! 🙏⭐️ Sending many virtual hugs your way...! Update us when you feel up to it ❤️

Bemama any news on your front?? You must be getting tired of waiting, hope they have a plan in place for you so at least you know what to expect... Sending big hugs your way as well!

AFM I went into hospital last week to get checked out since I had not felt baby B move hardly at all for about 24 hours. Bit of a scare... Thankfully all was well on NST and scan, baby B was actually quite active on both but I didn't feel her very easily and I normally do... Maybe a change of position, anyway they were great and did not make me feel foolish for coming in, in fact said if you feel the same concern even in next 24 hours come back in. It did take from 8pm to 2am though, as a Dr had to scan me after the nurses did the NST, and both delivery teams were held up in simultaneous deliveries for a while... Well I certainly hope when it's my time to deliver, no-one will be ducking out of there for a non-emergency scan lol... So I just tried to be patient but it was certainly tiring.

My regular appointment and growth scan (almost 31 weeks) was on Friday and all looks good there too. I actually got to see my OB/MFM not the fellow (haven't seen her since our first appointment at 18 weeks!) so we discussed my birth plan, delayed cord cutting, removing fallopian tubes, can we take twins out at 37 not 38 weeks like she wants (she says no, but I've seen a couple huge studies pointing to 37 weeks ago so I'll bring that up again, maybe print them out, to try and convince her). Have also seen the anesthesiologist which was particularly important for me to do because I have had spine surgery and they need to use ultrasound to find the right level to go in (to avoid any scarring that might be in there.)I feel more sorted about the birth now, and hospital bag is packed, essential gear is purchased, so I can relax a bit on that front (Can now focus on stressing about getting all these boxes unpacked from our move lol!).

I know it seems crazy to be worried about settling all that at 31 weeks but (a) twins can come anytime and usually come early, sometimes very early, and (b) with the ICP (cholestasis) I never know if my levels will suddenly spike and we'll need to deliver me ASAP. 

Mumseytobe, mumsy35, amwarsy... We're on fairly similar timing so hoping I can hear from you ladies as well, anyone grappling with similar issues or concerns or tasks?

Im hours behind UK timeso I hope you all are having a good sleep and waking up to a wonderful morning!

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 23/11/19, 22:04 »
    Hi all - our baby boy was born on Monday morning by elective C section - 6lb 8 and it was very smooth Jazjoon! We came home from the hospital on Weds and I'm feeling remarkably pain free after the procedure.

And so so happy - he is all our dreams come true. DH and I cannot take our eyes off him after all these years of trying and we just love him so much. It's hard to believe that 5 days ago our lives were so very different!

Look forward to hearing news of the other arrivals xxx

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 24/11/19, 18:11 »
    Congratulations shadywheat - sounds like your c section went very smoothly which is excellent news Iím so very happy for you and I know how you feel about not being able to not be able to stop looking at your new baby Iím still the same!
    My little girl was re admitted into hospital with severe jaundice and put under the lamps for 28 hours - poor little mite had 11 blood tests in that time and each time it broke my heart listening to her cry and not being able to console her - I even had to feed her under the lamps and only allowed to take her out for 5 mins to wind her - her poor little heels was so bruised and so sore. She lost weight and now weighs 6lb 3oz and is almost 2 weeks old so still not back to birth weight yet.
    Howís everything going BEmama and news yet ?