* Author Topic: TTC #2 by IUI after successful IVF (x6) - Single, 34  (Read 3212 times)

0 Members

Offline pollita

• Gold Member
modify
TTC #2 by IUI after successful IVF (x6) - Single, 34
« Reply #10 on: 22/02/20, 20:29 »
So here I am, awaiting AF so that I can book IUI#2. I should be halfway through my pregnancy now, I should know if baby is a boy or a girl, I should be planning for my maternity leave. I'm still so devastated and shocked by it all but I'm putting the pieces back together and hopeful that it'll happen again.

I'm hoping that IUI#2 will happen sometime in April (hopefully AF will arrive mid March) and it'll work, timing will mean that I will have baby at the quietest time at work, and everything will work out fine and dandy.

I'm back on the metformin, trying to eat better (but currently eating cake as I type this...) and being more positive and hopeful

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline pollita

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 10/04/20, 21:16 »
    This is the worst wait ever. It was the day before AF was due , I was due to call and start my IUI cycle when the clinics went into shutdown due to Covid-19. Now I not only have to wait until they open again, but if I can't get in in July I have to wait until after Christmas. My business has been forced to shut for this year and all of this years work is postponed until June/Jul/Aug 2021, and I simply cannot afford to lose out on all of that work financially.

I can't believe I'm here. I should be preparing to finish work and welcome the last member of my little family, not worrying when, if ever, I'll be able to try again. If business doesn't continue to pick up there's no way I'll be able to afford more attempts anyway

This is just awful. Life fell apart almost overnight

Offline pollita

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 5/06/20, 20:59 »
    January it is sadly. Clinic can't see me until July at the earliest, and all my postponed work is now March-June 2021. I can't afford to cancel any of it.

So, I have 7 months to lose weight, enjoy life, date with no strings and just live until Christmas rolls around and then it's back to it.

At least business looks like it's holding up so things aren't as ruined as I imagined they'd be.

See you all in December/January!

Offline pollita

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 4/01/21, 22:47 »
    I'm back!

Drugs were delivered this morning and AF is due in about a week. Ready to get this show on the road and hopefully this time around it work. I've not lost any weight (cheers, repeated lockdowns) but I've been taking metformin, inositol and my pregnacare religiously for months, my periods and ovulation seem regular so I'm hopeful!

Of course covid is still impacting work, and spring is now dead after a second wave of postponements so it turns out I could have tried in summer after all - typical!

Offline pollita

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 13/01/21, 17:06 »
    Letís do this. Af started last night and my baseline scan has been booked in for Friday morning. Until I called to book it in, I was honestly in two minds as to whether this is the right thing to do at the moment. Work is still so up and down, but somehow, some way, Iíll make it work. Thereís no alternative much before 2023/24 and as I found with trying for my son, the timing is never perfect.

As soon as that call was made, I did a little dance.

Hopefully IUI will be 29th January and I should know if itís worked by Feb 10th.

Come on, baby #2. We love you already!

Offline pollita

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 15/01/21, 20:18 »
    Baseline done and all looking good, so started the shots tonight.

Iím on 0.3 suprecur, and menopur is on a reducing dose to hopefully avoid having too many follicles like last time (canít hace reduction this time due to Covid)

1. 150iu
    2. 150iu
    3. 75iu
    4. 50iu
    5. 50iu

Scan on Wednesday. So hoping this is the cycle that works 🙏🏻

Offline pollita

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 20/01/21, 11:21 »
    First scan done, all looking good

Two follicles measuring 10mm each. Back on Monday for another scan when theyíll hopefully be 15mm+ and almost ready for fertilising 🤩