* Author Topic: Life with Biggles diary and everyone and everything else! 😉😂  (Read 12762 times)

0 Members

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
Easter break is over and yesterday was the first day of back into the usual routines. By 2pm I was cream crackered and still had dance to get to.

But rewind. 7-7.45 am was spent looking for my blood forms. Dear husband had moved rhem in his wisdom. I was not a happy bunny! He finally heard me banging about and asked what the problem was. Explained (gritted teeth, face like thunder) and it took him 30 seconds to fetch them 😡 which means he moved them. Grabbed the baby and forms  and off I went, of course with baby in tow. Eventually got bloods done and home. He then drops on me, I need town. I did think you have legs that work walk. But no, I took him. Got back, quick glug of squash and down to 5he Drs for a smear.

Now that was interesting. Usually, it doesn't faze.me 1 bit. Yesterday, I got almost.like c section flashbacks and was.sweating profusely, she saw it.dripping off my forehead. She asked what was wrong so I told her and finally someone is listening and She s looking into what counselling I could get and will let me know.

Returned home. Quick cup of cold coffee while I fed Biggles and got him ready to go to dance. DH find a him too difficult atm and can't.cook tea if he's got LO aparently. Biggles was good at.dance, J enjoyed getting back to the usual routines.

The kids have a birthday party to attend on may6th. All 3. Bought the present a.few weeks ago, just need the card now.

Got home and couldn't eat.my tea as.i felt really sick. Didn't eat all night. This morning, I'm hungry but have a baby asleep in my arms and don't want.to disturb him yet. Of course, DH jumps on the band wagon, ooh I feel ill s well. Have you got a headache and feel generally run down? Oh, it's awful being poorly together.

Excuse me pal, but you haven't just dealt with 2 hrs of screaming abdabs from baby as I think his tummy hurts. You've just sat and watched me deal with it. Get over yourself! In public, he's quick to show "How much time and effort "he puts into being a dad and "How much he helps " with the baby. Yeah right! At home, he makes bottles. That's it! He has changed LO bottom 4 times in 13 weeks. Poor lad would have a red raw bottom if I left it to DH to sort. He's had him overnight once, when I ended up in A&E overnight with "suspected pulminary embolism" ie chest infection. Baby was 6 days old I think. Just after the c sec, DH was staying in my bedroom on a put up bed. He never heard baby cry and I had to shout his name to wake him. He would get up, make the bottle, pass it back to me and go back to sleep. Me, recovering from c sec and 2as finding it extremely difficult to get into a sitting position from a lying position. Thanks for the help. Btw, do you know honey, I think chocolate.radiators are really useful 😉

He feels he's got it harder than me. I don't think there's a competition going between us, as there's no point, because I win every time!!! 😂

Today should be relatively easy. Wednesday is up early for gymnastics. Thursday was supposed to be trampolining but not enough kids couod attend so itsbeen cancelled for now. Karate in the evening. Think there's something happening Friday but can't (for the life of me) remember what 🤣 Saturday swimming lessons and free swimming afterwards. Kids actually swam without their dad last week. Left baby and Dad at home. Kids had a ball, said it's so less stressful without dad to oversee getting changed, sorting the locker and they prefer their free time without him. Oops! I think he was a little hurt!

In between all that, it's wash my nappies every second day and get them dry. To be fair, I love doing this job as they look so beautiful and pristine afterwards. My mum always foldsthe wet washing for me (does a better job than me). Terry nappies loom so much cuter than disposables and poop doesn't smell in them. Most of the time, when he's pooped, I ha r the biggest shock opening his nappy up and seeing poop there as you really can't.smell it in terries. We used disposables for a while at night and OMG! My room stank to high heaven. Now Biggles is in terries full time, and poop doesn't smell or escape (again like disposables), so maybe the old ways are the best ways. 😂 in the main. I wouldn't obviously stick whiskey in his bottle to help him sleep, which some people did back in the day, but the common sense old ways are good.

Right I'm going to get some shut eye.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    The whole household is down with illness. Biggles is teething 😱 so very grotty. DH,J (8 yr old) and myself, sore throats,  coughing to the point of committing and feeling generally like death warmed up. A (11 yr old)sore throat but nothing else yet. On top of all this, my right knee has decided to have fluid on the knee, also lock and stay in spasm. So I can barely walk. I'm hobbling around on my husband's arm or grabbing the walls/radiators/A's shoulder and using my walking stick in the other hand. Tying to parent and look after Biggles whilst pretty much cooped up on the sofa isn't easy. I may even be not bothering taking the kids to their swimming lessons tomorrow as it hurts so much right now. I really wish I had been able to have a home disability assessment and they could have seen me at my worst. Last night, I had to go up the stairs backwards and on my bottom, basically using my arms and the banister to pull myself up the stairs  A slept in my bed last night so he could be woken up and make Biggles bottles for me. DH can't sleep in the same bed as I still have issues surrounding the c section and I don't like people, especially adults/males touching me. So all in all, things are tough for everyone atm.

So flights have been booked for DH and mum to finish off everything concerning my brothers estate. I feel a bit cheated as it's been me who's done all the hard background work and he gets to go over to Bulgaria and reap the rewards. Meanwhile I'm left with the 3 kids (which obviously I don't mind) on my own for 12 days.

Today I arranged the driver in UK (my cousin) and the driver in Bulgaria. The Bulgarian solicitor has arranged their hotel according to my specifications. Again I'm still working at getting it all correct. Lots of emails flying between me and the BG solicitor now as we're nearly at the point of no return, so to speak.

Right, Biggles is awake again and creating, so im off for now.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Just making a note for posterity. 😂

He fed last night 8.15 (ish) asleep for 9pm so I got watch Film Four in peace. Up to bed at 11pm, fully expected to have to give him a bottle.  Nope 5.05 am he wakes up, drains a 6 oz bottle and is asleep again for 5.45 am. Fed, burped,changed and asleep!!!

It may not happen again for a very long time, by I'll take this.

Fantastic!!!!!!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Back to 10pm feed and 4am feed

Teething. Eurgh  poor sausage has fed, bum changed ,play, cry cry, cry ,sleep and repeat. All day!
    Again we've been don't rotating shifts to cuddle and comfort him and give each other a break from the constant crying. He's in pain little lamb and it shows. Slobber city is funny though. And we all know that just because he's teething does NOT mean his teeth are coming anytime soon. When my eldest died of cot death at 8&3/4 months, he had been teething for months and still he died without a single tooth showing through. So I guess we have tears for a while yet.

I love how babies have an inbuilt protection system. Cry and cry and cry till you almost believe you can't cope anymore and then they flash that beautiful, light up the room smile and alls forgiven. Half an hour later, more tears u til you think you can't take much more and then a beaming smile.

Absolutely no regrets though ❤💙❤💙❤💙❤

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Biggles slept from 11.30pm to 5am. I slept from midnight to 2am and then stayed awake till 4am. Feel like [email protected] DH has been wonderful and generously passed on his coughing bug. I now have shares in strepsils and Halls Soothers 😂 Its affecting A's asthma 😳 and even J is coughing well. Biggles has had a couple of coughs but nothing like we have....... yet!

He also has his jabs today. So 1 [email protected] day coming up for me. On top of that my knee has locked again and I can barely walk. Thinking of finding my tens machine and seeing if that helps. I'm even slightly considering amputation at this point. 😂 I'm using a walking stick and hobble around,  bent over like a 60+ woman. This is so not fun. I can't weight bear atm. I have managed to carry Biggles on the non walking stick arm, but it's hard work. I need to get better though as they fly in 7 days.

Kids have karate tonight, J sometimes dips in. They have trampolining tomorrow. I don't have time to be ill.

Decided I will get in touch with PALS. I have managed to workout it's the preparations for the c sec that I wasn't informed of beforehand and was only told what they were doing halfway through them doing them that has freaked me out totally, left me feeling physically violated and suffering with PTSD. So,if I can get the surgical team to listen, maybe I can change the policies for other women. Maybe then, some women will be saved from the PTSD that coukd follow. Who knows? More likely outcome is the hospital will cover their backsides (as per usual) and close ranks. Turn it round on the victim and make out I'm a complete over sensitive tw$t. Scuse my French. They have done that to me on previous occasions. So you do get to the point where you think what's the point? But in this case, the point is to help other women at a very vulnerable time in their lives. If I can.

So I think I'm going bonkers or the flush of hcg hasn't quite left or post birth elation (is there such a thjng)but I'm really broody 😂😂😂 DH has admitted he has almost ptsd symptoms from the intensity if the antenatal appts. I agree. The c section obviously didn't affect him the way it did me. Yes I was poorly for a bit afterwards but he's used to fetching and carrying for me anyway. So it was no biggie.
    I have said IF I could guarantee no antenatal involvement until 30+ weeks, would he consider another baby? 😂😂😂. He's thinking about it 😂😂😂. I figure I could save up the money for frozen embryo donation (adoption?) In 2 years. Which is when I would want to cycle. When I'm 48 😱😂. I've already worked out i wouldn't particularly need antenatal care - I don't do the various blood tests they ask for as I feel they're irrelevant. They only offer 2 maybe 3 scans, whereas cherish allow me to go in any time I want for a scan. I would go on the gestational diabetes diet immediately. My only issue is I refused the anti-d jab at delivery (which I now realise was foolish) but you have your first anti-d jab at 28 weeks anyway so I wouldn't be too far off the mark. I would get antenatal involved in my care from 30 weeks ish to be able to book my birth. So to speak. Only 10 weeks to put up with their bullying. Only this time I would stick them out back and hilt I was having a vaginal birth spontaneously. Regardless of engaged or breech. So many women have contacted me and said they stuck it out with a breech and most of the babies turned just before labour or even as Labour was progressing. We shall see. I might change my mind. 2 years is a long time.

And if th3 counter assistant in Tescos says to me 1 more time that I'm absolutely insane for having a baby in my late 40s, I am going to smash her over the head with a frozen chicken 😉😂 I won't, obviously, but the image is a comforting thought! 😂😂😂

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Jabs done! Intermittent sleeping and crying. Calpol given. Just got to keep my eyes peeled now.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Stripped down to just a nappy and he has fleece bunny that he's cuddling.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Got back jn the saddle today so to speak.

It was okay. Wasn't as traumatic as I was expecting. Needless to say DH over the moon. I'm okay. I trust him to not violate or freak me out in any way. He did say if I said stop, he would stop immediately without getting a bag on. I didn't say stop. It's really not fair to try if you don't think you can finish the course where that is concerned. So yeah, were good. He's back to adoring me again. Aren't men simple things? 😂😂😂😂

Biggles is teething. So I had got rid of the thrush in his mouth. Lots of slobber and vax later, oral and bottom thrush. Brilliant!!! So he's not a very happy bunny atm.

He has radar I swear!He's now woken up demanding a feed 😂😂😂

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    So mum and DH are in Bulgaria finalising the estate.

I'm at home on my own with the 3 kids. My leg is slowly improving and my 11 yr old is being fantastic. Helping me whenever I ask without getting grumpy. Today is day 2 of 12.

Day 1 I managed to get the down stairs looking how I want it to. It's clean and tidy. Small D.I.Y. jobs have been completed. Prescriptions collected, park and karate done. In between, Biggles has been well fed and changed very regularly. My 8 yr old isn't as co-operative and helpful as he could be, but he will end up helping. H3 is however, very good with Biggles. If he cries, he picks him up, checks to see if he has wind or not. Honestly, I'm quite enjoying the time without DH. The kids aren't getting as stressed as theres no sarcasm (passed off as humour) happening. Everyone knows what is expected of them. Its calm, its chilled. Even the dog has stopped peeing in the house! I may just have to get a divorce 😉😂

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member

Day 4 of freedom. 😂

House is still looking very clean. I cleaned out mum's room today. Kitchen still sparkling. Cooked Sunday dinner. Washed up. Leg still painful but I'm okay if I remember to turn my knee slightly before moving.

Oh and today I have a 💩 story. I saw Biggles struggling a little to 💩 so I removed his nappy sat him on my knee sideways and put the baby wipes bin very close to us. 10 minutes later with my help, he 💩 in my bin. 😂😂😂 removed the offending article and he's happily asleep in his pram now. Going to check out elimination communication. I might actually be interested in that. 🤣

I received a letter from our county council yesterday. Feom a lady saying the local authority likes to come out and interview/chat with families that have children aged 0-3 🤔. I'm wondering if this is the health visitors trying to get back in through the back door. There was a phine number saying if Wednesday appt wasn't convenient to ring them. So j have. Basically said im not interested, will never be interested, leave us alone. Appt time anytime between  1 pm - 4.30pm. I shall have to be out for the afternoon as they responded to my voice mail. Why can't these people just leave us alone. It's not like he's my first and I don't know what I'm doing 🤬
    Just annoys me.

Right Biggles is stirring, nearly feed time. I'm away 🙂