* Author Topic: Life with Biggles diary and everyone and everything else! 😉😂  (Read 12764 times)

0 Members

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
Hes started letting go of the furniture, balancing for 1 or 2 seconds and then falling with grace to the floor. My mum saw him and said he will possibly be walking in 2-3 weeks 😱  I'm still hoping christmas 😂

Sounds mad but I'm teaching him to climb the stairs. I go behind him and hold on to his vest and hes working it out. He looked so pleased with himself  😍  stair gates top and bottom. No chance of him trying unsupervised.

Collected my new car Thursday.. over the moon to discover it has a CD player!!!! Yes!!!! Now to not let the kids find out. The last 2 cars had CD players and the kids managed to break both. First car, 9 yr old rammed spare change into it. Shorted the inbuilt satnav and killed the cd player. Satnav system had to be Unwired completely including radio. This last car he decided it could play 3 CDs at the same time. Killed the cd player again. Radio still worked though, thank goodness. This time I'm not going to change the CDs in front of them. No way!!! This car has inbuilt satnav with touch screen.

The gear stick is weird though. It up on the front part of the dashboard ??? And it looks like a small, wonky penis. It's honestly a bit bizarre. It doesnt have a handbrake either. The car is a hybrid and automatically puts the handbrake on. So I'm still trying to go to my gears in the usual place and also grab my handbrake when the journey has finished. No doubt I'll get used to it but it's a bit bonkers. Nice colour though (should be, I picked it). I'm a but wary in the area we live in as it's a 69 plate and i have an open car port type thing. More like a.side drive, than a car port. Bit scared some of the people round here will try to damage it for fun. It has tinted side windows (thought they were illegal) and tinted rear window. The mirror says auto on it and automatically goes into dip mode so no headlights dazzle me at night. It's so not like my zafira was, will take a bit of time to get used to.
Other than that, life is good. Hubby enjoying college. I'm studying most nights in bed next to Biggles. Kids are wonderful and irritating and basically kids 😂. My mum is quite healthy.Biggles is growing and thriving, measured him the other day. 2ft4!!!😱😍. S Got a lot to be thankful for. ❤❤❤❤❤

We were at the adventure farm on friday. Another little baby crawling around. About 6 inches shorter than Biggles. Spoke to the dad and he 10 months old. He has been crawling 6 weeks and making no attempts to pull up and cruise. Little duck. I actually felt bad when Biggles towered over him, shouting mama at the top of his lungs and spent most of the time cruising round the play area.. I have to keep telling myself it's okay as all kids develop at their own pace.

Anyway I'm going to get some sleep as Biggles is already down for the night xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    So blooming proud. The boys did their first karate tournament and chose to do kumite. Fighting. As opposed to kata. Karate moves (look like dance moves to me 😂) they both came away with bronze medals. Very, very happy for them especially A, who we know had a very traumatic time at school due to bullying and couldn't cope with other kids touching or play fighting him. so 5 years on he understands the difference between sparring, play fighting (rough housing), competitive fighting and bullying. My eldest son and fiancee and mum came to watch them as well. It was lovely to have all the family together.

The rest of the day has been okay. Baked a cheese, bacon, leek and potatoes pie, with enough to freeze. Happy days!!! Tasted lush.

Biggles is now slowly gaining confidence to let go of the sofa, he balances for a couple of seconds (stands unaided) and then either grabs the sofa or falls over. Poor little monkey has 2 little lumps on his head. 1 from smacking into the door jamb and the second for moving too quickly and hubby opening the door at the same Tim's. Oops!!! Little one is okay in himself but I'm keeping an eye on him.i noticed he has 2 little bruises on his legs, must be where he bashing into things when cruising around. He had a bruise on his bottom last week for losing his footing during nappy free time. That must have come keen.

I submitted work book 1 of my business start up course tonight. Eek!! 4 days ahead of schedule. Hope it's good enough.

I did a poll on social media concerning the theoretical business and asked people's opinions. Just 3 questions. Loads answered and hes picked up some real work into the bargain. Even though I made it quite clear it was for an college course and not real.

Motability good condition bonus has gone up tremendously. I have enough money for A 12th birthday, xmas presents and some to save for hubby driving lessons. I was very happily surprised. Bowled over actually. I banked the cheque immediately, in case it was an error. 😂 I doubt it's an error, but you never know.

Little one relies less on baby foods now and eats pretty much everything we do now. 1 bottle dropped in the day and last night he dropped a bottle at 3am. Didnt wake till 6.30am. Quick bottle then and back to sleep. I was awake from 2.30 am waiting for him 😂 Typical

Anyway, house has suddenly got louder as bedtime approaches, so I better sign off for now

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    I submitted my first assignment sunday night. 3 days before the deadline. So I've moved on to my next assignment and so far its about tax and national insurance contributions for various business groups. Self employed, sole trader, partnerships, limited companies unincorporated companies, charities. To say it's boring is an understatement. However, crack on and get my next assignment submitted before the deadline. It's just so YAWN!!! but it's a necessary evil. So .........

Little one still not walking. But he can stand unaided for 5 seconds if hes concentrating on a toy. So we have progress.

2 stair gates returned and refunded. As a product recall. 1 out of the 2 replacement stair gates up. Oh and he can climb the stairs confidently. I hold his vest to make sure hes okay, but I dont put any weight into it. He does it himself. I'll have to help teach him coming down soon.

Hes now sleeping from 10pm to 8.15 am. 3 nights so far. I'm shattered!!! He sleeps wonderfully. I wake at 2am waiting for night bottle and he doesnt wake up. I then cant go back to sleep.

He likes bananas, cut length ways and in quarters. Km being very cautious with fruit since the severe allergic reaction to2 sips off of an orange segment. I know its  ot citrus but I'm still very cautious. He likes Chinese food.😂.  Ordered a Chinese the other night. He absolutely stuffed it in. Hes getting a bit like doesnt want to touch food atm. I've found plastic forks and I'm having to feed him a lot of his meals as he just refuses to touch most.food. maybe h3s just realised food gets in quicker if I do it.

He hates having his bum changed. I either have to wait till hes asleep or as I've found today, change his bum sitting up. Him sitting on me. Not lying. Sitting. Its .a challenge, but doable.

DH enjoying the work aspect of college, not enjoying the teenagers. Still, another necessary evil. Hell get used to it.

Myself, mum and kids went shopping today. There good kids. Helped get trolleys, not too badly behaved, didnt trip any old ladies up, so were winning 😉. And then took all the shopping in the house for me. So cooperative when hes not around.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Big A's birthday today. 12 yrs old!!!! We opened cards (no presents bought), then took him to town to spend his birthday money. Came back, got ready for ice skating which he didnt know a lot of his HE friends and his eldest brother would be there (naughty mummy) and Thomas the ice rink is in the local garden centre for the xmas period, we bought him a budgie, cage, food, grit and bird toys. Came home with the new addition to the family and I took the rest of the family to the xmas lights switch on. A wanted to stay home with the bird named Blue and A doesnt like fireworks. Let's hope the bird doesnt start tweeting loudly through the night as hes in Big A's bedroom next door to my room. So a lovely day. He had 3 losing his temper moments. That is very good for him. He counts his birthday down for about a fortnight and by the time it actually arrives hes wound himself up that much, he gets irritated far too easily by something and nothing. Other birthdays hes had at least 10 AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH moments so this is a massive improvement. I'll take that for the win.

Little A (Biggles) was not fazed with the fireworks in the slightest. Kept watching them and didnt cry once. Quite happy. They were loud as well. He simply wasnt bothered. J really enjoyed them.

Little A has started sleeping through properly. I'm happy of course but I'm also sad as I quite enjoyed that bottle in the middle of the night where I didnt share him with anybody. And I'm still not sleeping properly and waking up ready for 2am feed. That will take a while to kick in.

So all in all, a very good day!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Haha!spoke too soon on the sleeping front. Little man has a teething cold, no tooth visible mind, and is consistently waking up.every 4 hours. 😴🤪 my brain is slowly but surely shutting down.😂 I have been awake since 3am. He had his bottle, i couldn't go back to sleep. Fed again at 7.30am and after a sarcy comment from me DH took him down. Did i take the opportunity and sleep ......Nah,.course not. I sat and wrote and uploaded a theoretical business plan for my course. Submitted the whole thing now. So time will tell.

Biggles took 2 steps and then fell over. I'm assuming his bottom is going to be very bruised by the time hes done 😘 this child simply does not like nappies or clothes if I'm honest. So he goes around nappy free and in a t shirt and vest. Heating is on. It's that bad, sounds like km killing him when awake, I'm dressing him, that's all, that I now wait till hes asleep to put a nappy and clothes on him. He is that used to it now that I dont disturb him.  He keeps trying to walk but not succeeding atm. However, he can walk really well if hes holding on to 1 hand. I have a feeling he isnt going to be much longer. As for crawling, I think I could have him compete in greyhound races and he would win. 😂 My god! This child is fast. 😂😂 Or I'm slow and old. Either way, he has some speed about him now.

He had dropped down to 3 bottles a day, but with this illness hes back up to 6 a day. I guess he needs it.

The older boys are doing well. J had a dance exam last saturday and I'm hoping hes passed and they both had a karate exam on thursday. We fond out this week if they passed those. A has upgraded to a black karate suit now, looks very posh 😂😍

Dh is attending his course properly. 3ven went in when he was poorly. I think ige passed my first assignment and will.have to wait and see on assignment 2 that I've just submitted. Hopefully, I will pass and 2hen I have this course done, I can move onto book keeping. That's going to be fun .... NOT! But essential. So needs must when the devil drives.

On the day of the general election a friend said we as the uk vote like domestic abuse victims. We know the man (party) is toxic for us but then they say were sorry, it wont happen again, blah, and just like abuse victims we fall for it and vote them in again. And that's exactly what happened. No I didnt vote blue. I know personally how much blue screws over the poor, the old, the disabled, the vulnerable. I would never vote blue. Shame others didnt see it that way. But its done. Time to batten down the hatches, tighten the purse strings even more, knuckle down and just get on with it. It was a very sad day and in my mind a massive mistake. One that thousands of vulnerable people.will pay for, no doubt.  But anyhow. Finished.

Xmas is done. Thanks to a popular selling site. 1 xbox game each, brand new clothes at cut price and a savings tin that uve saved in throughout the year each. Xams dinner will be sausage and chips for the kids and sausage egg and chips for us. Then I shall pick up my eldest, his fiances and my friend and do a running buffet. Sandwiches, pizza, breadsticks, salad. Not going overboard. Cant afford to. I'm trying hard to keep in mind we are lucky. We have a roof over our heads, heating and food in our bellies. Thousands more people.in this country dont. As little as I have, i still go through my cupboards and donate food to the homeless charities. I will soon be donating the kids clothes to our local clothes bank that passes them on to other people in need free of charge.

Cloth nappies are still.wprking for me. Pocket nappies and inserts in the day (when hes asleep) and terry nappy and a wrap at night. I've even stopped using baby wipes and invested in 35p flannels from wilko's. Might buy some more actually. Just wish I had been able to breast feed. But it wasnt to be. Maybe it's a good job though, as I would have been stuffing my face all day to make a good supply. I'm down to a small snack at 11am and a small meal at night. Yes, some nights I'm hungry overnight, but if I eat, then the kids have less, so I simply dont. Swallow a.juice helps to take the hunger away. And I'm still not losing weight. argh!!!

So mum hasn't been well for a while. Had bloods done about a month ago. Results were shes in heart failure. Doctor prescribed frusemide and shes back for more bloods tomorrow. She sleeps a lot now. I suppose conserving energy and her heart doesnt need to work as hard when shes asleep. Every morning I am fearful when I go to say good morning. But thankfully, so far, fears are unfounded. As shes having bloods done tomorrow, I've found my bloods request from october to check my iron levels and I guess I'm going to be jabbed as well. Makes sense really. Less money spent on parking.

Dad had his results back. Hes to have a bone scan and go on oestrogen pills and then radiotherapy, so i guess the prostate cancer has started to advance.

Sorry it's pretty much doom and gloom here, must try harder to be light hearted.

If I'm not back here before Christmas, have a lovely, merry, and safe christmas!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Munchkin has tonsillitis. Hes in a right state. Teething cold and now tonsillitis. Doctor has given antibiotics and I'm giving him calpol as well. Sleep is disrupted somewhat but to be expected. One very tired mama as he was up most of the  night. Hoping it will get better for him very soon.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Hes only gone and done it!!!! Hes officially walking! 14 steps and then fell. Can turn and walk (not confidently) but he can do it. My
    mum said he would be walking by Christmas and she was right!!!Bless my little sausage. Now all I have to do is video it when he has clothes on 😂😂😂

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    I'm so glad I bought Biggles some Christmas presents. Yes an odd thing to say. I figured originally, while he'll only be 10 months, he wont really know what to do, is it worth it? Then I thought, well he'll need something at least as the older boys will be ripping packages open. So in the end he got a wooden crocodile pull along toy. A telephone with a keeper thing and a spinning ball. Building blocks with a book, tub of diplo bricks, a.robodog,  cars and a car mat. At first he didnt know what was going on, (chocolate for breakfast BAD MUMMY ) and then he watched the boys. After that, no stopping him. Yes he needed a little h2lp, but not too much. Of course, the boxes brought him immense pleasure 😂 He has had a lovely day. Apart from his bottom is really sore from the antibiotics. Been putting daktocort on as my nurse friend said, but it's not really helping. He has a nappy off for the most of the day, every day. I clean his bum with water and a flannel. I will keep on but after boxing day, I'm getting a doctors appt if it doesnt start clearing up.

Weve all had a really good day and A has had no meltdowns l. I am so flipping proud of him. Highly charged days usually overwhelm him and he reverts to anger nd shouting when it gets too much. This year I let him have his dinner in the bedroom and go upstairs when he wanted to go. And its paid off. One relaxed child in control of his emotions. Had eldest son and fiancee here for tea. We had a few giggles and rehashing old memories. All in all, a lovely day.

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    The learning to walk confidently continues. He switches easily from walking to bump (fall) and then crawl as he hasn't worked out how.to get back up without something to pull on yet. I also took him to a reputable shoe shop and bought his first shoes. Soft soles. He cant walk in them 😂 one foot is 4.5 h and the other 4h. He has very wide feet. 😘.

Cannot believe he is 11 months old. How quickly has that gone by. 28 days till his birthday 😱. Nd they will fly by. I've bought him a load of wooden bricks for his birthday. Not going overboard. He has some cardboard bricks and he is trying to place one on top of another, but hes not succeeding atm. He will get there. He loves toy cars, footballs, bricks, take away tubs, pegs , newspapers and NY wood his dad is working with 😂 He quite likes chewing dads tools as well. Tape measure. Spirit level. Tries getting his hands on the saw but that's an absolute NO-NO!!! He can climb the stairs confidently. Doesnt like trying to go down the stairs though. I hold the back of his t shirt when climbing. New favourite game throw his bath toys in the toilet. Disinfectant is now always at the ready. It is funny when my 12 yr old comes in and says "why is there a unicorn and a whale in the toilet and how do I get them out?" 😂😂

I've had an email back from my tutor. He wrote " superb piece of writing Jade, well done! I thoroughly enjoyed marking your work" so I'm hoping that means I've passed? Fingers crossed then on to phase 2. Book keeping. By torch light when little one is asleep. Yawn!!! But important.

Last piece of news. I've emailed PALS and requested a formal after birth meeting (to be recorded) and said I want the consultant there but I also want an advocate there who can tell her to shut up if she starts her hour long sermons on one piece of information, like I had to suffer every time throughout the pregnancy. Maybe then, I will start to heal/recover from everything that went on. We shall see.

Happy New Decade 😂😂😂

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member
    Biggles walking is getting more confident now. Hes still has plenty of falls though.

My poor little baby got into his first fight on Friday. And lost. Obviously. The odds were stacked against him 11 mths vs 2 yr old.  ^bigbad^ so little one fell over. He started crawling towards me as this boy hove into view. The chairs are harmless so it takes me longer to get up. Boy sits in front of Biggles.  Biggles touches him to get round him  2 year old then lies on him and reverse punches Biggles in the face 3 times !!!!!! I was already getting up. Boy, was I cross!! Grabbed the boy by the shoulders, unceremoniously dumped him down l, away from buggies and sternly and loudly shouted "NO!!!"at him. He looked stunned. And so he should. His mum then came rushing over, ooh, what's he done? So I told her calmly, all the while comforting biggles and showed her the Mark's on his face. She said softly (softly????) To her little boy come and sit with me now, please. Please???please???? Dont get me wrong, I've heard of gentle parenting but her child attacked a baby, a baby! When mine attempted stuff like that, there were no pleases coming from me. They were removed from the situation and told in no uncertain terms, if I caught unacceptable behaviour like that again, we would leave. No ifs, no buts, nothing. They were also made to sit with me for 1 minute per 1 yr of their lives. Rant over!

Yesterday we went to a local visitor centre that has a science bit. Things they can touch and interact with. Biggles especially loved stretching to reach a button (and managing) pressing it and then watching a robot spider come out of its web and go back. He had lots of fun in there. We took eldest.son and his fiancee as well. Biggles still doesnt react well to them at all. Doesnt help that they're constantly in his face, "trying"to make friends and he just shies away and cries for me.

Funny enough, when we were at a local HE meet up the previous day, with people.he didnt know well, he was fine. Simply because they didnt get in his face and they waited until he motioned interaction with them. I keep trying to tell my son and his fiancee this, but do they listen? Do they eck as like 😂

He had tonsillitis over xmas so I was concerned he had lost weight with not eating very well. Had him weighed this week. He has gone from the 50th percentile to the 75th percentile in 8 weeks. So needless to say, hes not lost too much weight.

He even got called a girl the other day.😂. He was playing with a strangers coat and I tried to stop him for the woman to say "it's okay, she can play with it"😂 so I said okay, thank you. 5 mins later, the boys wanted food, so I said Biggles, come on this way"and the woman said oh godz I'm sorry, I thought he was a girl. Hes so pretty. 😍😍 I just said dont worry about it, happens a lot. Happened to all my lads when they were babies. Especially my 12 year old who had ringlets at 11months. ❤❤❤. But they were too long and they had to be cut off. His hair came back so,  so straight. I was heart broken.

Mum had her 79th birthday this week. Took her out for a meal. She has her heart scan on the 16th.  Wonder when we'll get the results. All we can do is wait I suppose.

Nit a lot else.happening really. Dh still at college. I'm waiting on my results from my course. Kids are happy. Little one is thriving and keeping me on my toes. Everything's good. Trying to book sun holidays for 9.50 eldest and fiancee want to come but its difficult pinning dates down when they both work. No doubt I'll manage it though. Hes offered to drive my car to france (If we get that holiday) as I'm not happy about driving long distances anymore. His fiancee has paid for a crash week course of driving lessons for his birthday week. Hes already passed his theory. So yeah, I'll take them. She can drive her car over to france and have DH and older kids in her car and I'll have eldest son, Biggles, eldest and mum in mine. Mine is a 7 seater so most of the cases and crap will go in my boot. She has a corsa. I might gain some confidence in time. Who knows?

Anyway, off to morrisons in a minute to get a cooked chicken. Cant be bothered cooking a proper sunday roast when there is the option of already cooked there.