* Author Topic: Has anyone had IVF - ICSI abroad?  (Read 2901 times)

0 Members

Offline slippy786

modify
Has anyone had IVF - ICSI abroad?
« on: 1/04/19, 20:09 »
Hi everyone, My wife and i have had 5 failed cycles over the last 6 years. We took a break from it all for over a year and are now planning on giving it another go. All our previous cycles have previously been at CARE in Nottingham and we want to try somewhere else now. We have NURTURE in mind but also want to consider treatment abroad.

Has anyone had any experience with treatment abroad?
Is it actually cheaper considering taking time off from work?
How does it work in terms of how long do you have to stay?
Do you do the treatment at home and only fly out for the egg collection and transfer? how soon after egg transfer can you fly back?
Finally any recommendations of clinics abroad?

Thank you in advance.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 1/04/19, 20:51 »
    Sorry for your past experiences  ^hugme^

You sound like you live in a similar area to me so itís worth looking af where you can get too easily.

We considered Norway but it was difficult to get to. Spain was easier as lots of flight options from East Mids, but the cost of the treatment wasnít as cheap as the Czech Republic.

We visited Brno for a few days and went for consultations at Reprofit and Reprogenesis and decided to go with Reprofit and have the works (PGS etc). Flights would have been from Stansted which wasnt ideal and needed a stay the night before the flight etc. But at the other end the airport was really close to the city and it was a really nice place (I would definitely go on holiday there). It would have been bloods and scans here before we went (Cherish at Sutton Coldfield for pretreatment, and a local baby scanning place for during stims). We also planned on going out after 5 days of stims as Iím a fast responder and then would stay for 7 days and then go back for a weekend at a later date for transfer.

In the end though we decided to change our minds and do basic treatment at Coventry instead because it was the cheapest we could find and we didnít hold out much hope (we were lucky, it did work).

You donít have to visit a clinic abroad before you start treatment, you can do it all by Skype, but we just wanted to get a feel for the place.

Cost wise basic own egg icsi at Coventry with no added extras was about the same as going to Brno for PGS and the kitchen sink treatment (including transport, spends,  accommodation and return visit etc).

Initially I would suggest you have a think about countries, have a look on the international section here (some clinics/countries have very active threads and their information is really handy). If you are in yo immune treatment then Greece is a good option and I found Serum very responsive etc).

If you email clinics they usually send you prices and details (lots have International coordinatiors). Also look at flight options and costs of accommodation etc. Some clinics also have links with accommodation etc, and some sometimes have offers where they help you visit for consultations etc.

I hope that helps xxx

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 11/04/19, 10:45 »
    Hello, Slippy 786!

I think it is great that you support your wife as much as you can! I am sorry that you have to go through all of this and understand you perfectly well.
    I don't want to give you any advice but rather tell you about my experience abroad.
    I am 38 and we've been TTC for already 5 years. I had an ectopic and 2 miscarriages a long time ago. I have a very low AMH and had surgery in the past so it is almost impossible for me to carry a baby. The doctor gave me a chance and I went through IVF+OE in Britain (I am from the Philippines, but live in Britan as my hubby was born here). I failed that attempt. I was in a long depression and didn't want to continue. But with the help of my family and my dear husband I decided to try again but not in Britan. I gathered as much info as I could, read feedbacks and checked rates of success of different clinics and agencies and came to the conclusion that Ukraine is the most affordable and suitable for us.
    I chose several clinics, emailed them and decided to continue with one of them. Actually, I chose a contract and can say that didn't make a mistake. The most important point for me was "all inclusive" package and 24/7 support from the clinic. Not so long time ago, it introduces a new and unique method of treatment, called "Mitochondrial Donation" which may help 40+ women and women with low AMH to get pregnant with their own eggs. I have already read some feedbacks and positive results about that.
    I really appreciate their work and efforts had been done to me. I went through one ICSI+DE cycle but got a negative result.  Now preparing for the second attempt hoping that it will work out this time. Though it is hard mentally and physically, I am glad that I didn't give up and continue my journey.
    I wish you good luck with your journey and strength to both of you!
    The warmest vibes!

Offline Ly83

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 12/04/19, 12:50 »
    hi everybody! I went abroad to undergo FET. I went to Spain because even if the treatment is not so cheap, the results are of high quality. Personally, I decided to go to FIV Marbella, near malaga because my gynaecologist recommended them. I tried to call them and the first impression was really good. I liked their way of working. They do a first consultation by phone to explain all the treatments and the prices. Then you can do all the exams in England, they get in touch with your docto, you can do the preparation to the treatment in your city and go to the clinic just for the treatment. In my case, I could schedule the travel according to job and holidays because I had to transfer a frozen embryo. They really changed my life, now I am one month pregnant and I can say that going abroad was the best choice.

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 18/07/19, 13:00 »
    Hi, charmings!

As far as I see, nobody has been here for a pretty long time. Maybe somebody will share my thoughts here.
    I haven't been snooping around the bowels of the Internet for a long time and yesterday, I stumbled upon an article about the latest innovations that were produced by one of the famous Ukrainian clinics. I found it useful ad I guess it may really help. Maybe for some of you, it will also be interesting.
    I was looking for some more information about Mitochondrial donation and found this:
    https://biotexcom.com/mitochondrial-donation-an-opportunity-for-middle-aged-couples-to-become-parents-of-a-healthy-child/   
    https://biotexcom.com/mitochondrial-donation-the-opportunity-to-become-a-mother-at-the-age-of-40/

Offline thebumpsahead

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 21/07/19, 18:27 »
    I would be super interested in some experiences in Prague, as we are seriously considering going there for treatment, GENNET specifically.

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 20/08/19, 08:46 »
    Hi @slippy786,

Im originally from Ireland but i decided to have IVF abroad after failed attempts locally. After tons of research, i decided to go to Dunya IVF in Cyprus. Their facilities blew my mind and the fact that they were super affordable was amazing. The island is beautiful and it's as if i went on a mini vacation already. You do the preparation stage in your home country then you only go their clinic for the egg collection, and embryo transfer. You can take your beta pregnancy test in your home country already. Hope this helps! Becoming a mom is such a wonderful blessing.

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 20/08/19, 14:10 »
    Hi @slippy786,

Im originally from Ireland but i decided to have IVF abroad after failed attempts locally. After tons of research, i decided to go to Dunya IVF in Cyprus. Their facilities blew my mind and the fact that they were super affordable was amazing. The island is beautiful and it's as if i went on a mini vacation already. You do the preparation stage in your home country then you only go their clinic for the egg collection, and embryo transfer. You can take your beta pregnancy test in your home country already. Hope this helps! Becoming a mom is such a wonderful blessing.
    Oh, that's great. Seams to me that I have never heard or read about this clinic. I'm glad that you have found a good place for the treatment.  I really hope it will work out for you and you'll become a mom soon! Best of luck to you.

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 21/08/19, 15:25 »
    They are actually one of the best in Europe! i already got a positive last July and am approaching my eight week of pregnancy. You should give them a call if you want to ask questions about them :)

Offline odashwood

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 22/08/19, 12:55 »
    They are actually one of the best in Europe! i already got a positive last July and am approaching my eight week of pregnancy. You should give them a call if you want to ask questions about them :)
    Thanks, hun. I have already signed my contact in Ukraine and started my surrogacy program. I have had 2 ICSI cycles there but with no luck, so as far as I had to switch programs without losing money I decided to do it. Now, I am waiting until they will find a surrogate for me. Meanwhile, I am trying to choose some donors for the program. I like this place too. But anyway, thanks for the advice.