* Author Topic: anybody aged over 44 doing it with their own eggs?  (Read 2256 times)

0 Members

Offline TBW342

• Un-Ranked
modify
anybody aged over 44 doing it with their own eggs?
« Reply #10 on: 2/06/19, 22:13 »
Hi,
I'm 45 and have done 5 cycles with own eggs starting when I was 44. From these I've had very mixed outcomes from no eggs collected to 4 eggs. None have made it to blastocyst though have come close and have transferred anyway but still no success. I really want to try again as I feel it is a numbers game and my consultant said as much the same but is still encouraging the donor route. I don't feel I am ready to give up on my own eggs but at the same time am exhausted emotionally and financially.

To make matters worse am really confused about my current cycle (natural). I had positive opk day 16 then another day 25 which I think was probably more accurate as accompanied with lots of egg white cm. I was still getting flashing smileys since then which I thought was strange but wondered if it could be to do with my age and maybe peri menopause. Then yesterday and the day before got 4 feint lines on Asda pregnancy tests but not on any others including first response 6 days early which are supppssd to be the most sensitive. So I don't know if the tests were false positives (I've read some Asda ones can be) or it was a chemical pregnancy as I've now started my period at day 40. To make matters worse I'm torturing myself because we had sex the day before my period so now I'm wondering if I was pregnant whether the embryo dislodged.

Any advice appreciated x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Donít give up

• Un-Ranked
    • TTC first baby with IVF/ICSI
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 20/06/19, 16:07 »
    Personality, Iíve had more luck when I only leave one month between cycles. I found the more cycles I did the better the egg quality became. I believe that your ovaries are like any other muscle and that they work better the more you use them, if you see what I mean. I had a break of 4 months last year and now I feel like Iím building up again as the last two cycles have been poor. Iím hoping the next one will be better. I donít listen to stats because they are rubbish. All women are different and data on over 40ís isnít accurate at all. How can it be.....no one is the same. I know many people whoíve had babies in their 40ís with no problem at all. You donít hear of them and there are no stats to prove it. Unfortunately, we are the unlucky ones. Iím just about to start round 9. Iíve had 3 pregnancies but none lasted longer than 11 weeks because of chromosome issues due to age but I believe there is a good egg in there somewhere - I just need to find it. Problem is, I canít keep doing this as I feel life is on hold. I struggle with DE as I donít think itís for me. Iím going to do a separate post to ask about DE just to get more information but I donít think I could ever do it. Good luck to you!

Offline Donít give up

• Un-Ranked
    • TTC first baby with IVF/ICSI
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 20/06/19, 16:10 »
    You cannot dislodge an embryo. Itís impossible.