* Author Topic: Fresh cycle #2.5, hoping for our rainbow  (Read 17603 times)

0 Members

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
modify
Fresh cycle #2.5, hoping for our rainbow
« Reply #130 on: 16/10/19, 11:13 »
7+5 I am so exhausted I can barely function. I do not know how women work full time through the first trimester all I want to do is sleep all the time.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 19/10/19, 09:10 »
    8+1 Things are starting to feel more real, flu jab done, I have my midwife booking appointment at 9 weeks a stage I never reached last time and I'm booked in for the Harmony test at 10. The appointment is at the hospital so I wonder if I might get a scan? If so I want DH there in case something goes wrong although I think things are fine as my symptoms are as strong as ever. I've got a really busy couple of weekends ahead going away with friends and I'm not sure how I'm going to manage while I'm so exhausted all the time, there is no way they're not going to realise I'm pregnant. I have a meeting with HR on Monday to discuss what support I can get at work to get me through the first trimester.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #132 on: 30/10/19, 13:37 »
    9+5 I can't wait to start feeling a bit more normal again, still exhausted and the nausea is not great - no actual throwing up but from around 3pm onward it gets progressively worse, especially if I don't eat. Had my booking appointment with the midwife last week. I decided DH didn't need to come which perhaps was a mistake. I hadn't anticipated how emotional I would feel being back at the hospital (it's the same place I had my ERPC) and the fact that last year on the very same day I was supposed to have my booking appointment instead I was having my ERPC. It brought back a lot of emotions so I sat in the waiting room alone fighting back the tears. Once I was in there though the midwife was very kind and understanding. I have my 12 week scan with the NHS booked and I have another scan plus the Harmony test booked at 10+4 so just under a week to wait. I feel hopeful that everything is progressing normally as things looked fine at our previous scan and I feel so unwell! I stopped the pronotogest injections just over a week ago so now only taking cyclogest and I plan to start reducing that too after 10 weeks until stopping completely at 12. I'm hoping after the scan next week I will be able to allow myself to actually start believing this pregnancy is going to end with a baby!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 4/11/19, 19:03 »
    10+3 scan day tomorrow. I feel totally horrendous so surely thatís a good sign?! I have slept most of the day today and the nausea is as bad as ever. I really donít want to complain because I know how lucky I am to be in this position and Iím grateful for that every day, but honestly would love just one or two days of feeling normal for a break. I hope Iím lucky and things start to improve after 12 weeks but talking to many of my friends it could be more like 16-18.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #134 on: 5/11/19, 13:20 »
    10+4 such an amazing day today. We got to see our beautiful (and very active) baby kicking and wriggling around! He/she has had a growth spurt and is now measuring 3 days ahead at 11 weeks. We got to listen to the heartbeat which was very emotional for both of us. It's hard to believe we could be this lucky - I am grateful every single day that it's our turn to be this happy. The lady doing the scan said that all the physical markers looked good, baby has a very thin nucal fold, nasal bone is visible etc so she feels confident that the results from the Harmony test will likely show low risk. We are so blessed, I finally feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief and start to believe this is really happening!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 11/11/19, 07:28 »
    11+3 a bit of a dramatic weekend. Not impressed with my hospital, my urine results from my midwife booking appointment over two weeks ago arrived in the post saying confirming I had aysmptomatic bacteriauria and needed a course of antibiotics. Ended up calling 111 and seeing the out of hours GP who was uncertain what the best course of action was because the results were so old. Anyway Iíve started on antibiotics, waiting for the re-test results to come in and will stop the antibiotics if it comes back clear. While I was with the doctor she did my blood pressure and it was through the floor at only 67/43 which is scary low. Iíve bought a home BP monitor and I havenít been able to replicate it being that low again so hopefully it was just a one off. Only 4 days until we get our NHS scan and Iím expecting to get the Harmony test results today.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #136 on: 13/11/19, 18:48 »
    11+5 massive wobble today. I was supposed to get our Harmony test results back but instead I was told there was insufficient fetal DNA in my blood so they weren't able to do the test. This sent me into a total tailspin, I've been waiting for someone to tell me that things were going wrong and this baby wasn't going to be fine and this set-back just felt like the beginning of things starting to fall apart again. The clinic reassured me that this does not mean there is anything wrong with the baby and this does happen (although only in 3% of cases - of course I'm in the minority yet again). I have to go back for a re-draw on Monday but there's a 1/3 chance it will be the same and still not enough DNA to do the test. Even though this doesn't tell us there is something wrong with the baby I can't help but worry I just really wanted smooth sailing and I was so hoping to end this week with our results and feeling happy and confident. I have my 12-week NHS scan on Friday which now instead of feeling really excited for I'm terrified they're going to tell me the baby has died since our scan last week. Having had a previous loss just ruins your ability to ever feel like you aren't just waiting for it to happen again  :'(

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 15/11/19, 08:26 »
    12+0 NHS scan day, so anxious Iíve barely slept after my wobble the other day. I just hope we get to see our little one as active, wriggly and healthy as last week. Iíve done a bit more reading and lower fetal fraction in the motherís blood is more common in IVF pregnancies so maybe thatís all it is. Sadly, so far life has taught me is if something isnít normal thereís usually a reason and that reason usually isnít good but we will see. The re-draw does mean Iíll get to have another scan on Monday morning and (assuming things are ok today) I will never mind getting to see my baby!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 15/11/19, 15:06 »
    Well now Iím 12+5 scan was totally perfect, baby was perfect, NT nice and thin. Amazingly the hospital do same day bloods for their triple test screening so Iíll get a call this afternoon if anything comes back as high risk otherwise we can assume all is well. Fingers crossed but Iím hopeful given that all the soft markers were perfect. I feel so blessed.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 16/11/19, 07:31 »
    No phone call last night so we can assume our combined result was low risk! We wonít know the exact numbers until we receive the full results in the post but I now feel like we can start to tell a few more friends and family. A huge milestone reached. Off to visit my family today and my 91 year old grandmother who is the person Iím most excited to tell!